Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-10, 06:40 PM
mushybreak
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just posted on the flyaudio.... after reading the thread my head just exploded.
Old 08-12-10, 06:53 PM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

ya this is ridiclous.. purchased the unit almost a year ago.. one minor update.. and nothing else? .. they said they were working on a update.. apparently but how many months ago was that? we need a new ipod interface..
Old 08-12-10, 08:00 PM
ekwlee
Pole Position

Posted again
Old 08-16-10, 01:07 PM
jpsilvia
Rookie

idk if any of u guys are having this problem...but latley i have noticed that the screen is blury or shacky...it happed once before maybe about 3-4 months ago...and is happening again.
conditions
using Navi
iopd playing
bluetooth not connected
a/c on

TIA
Old 08-16-10, 02:14 PM
BlackFish8
Pole Position

I just posted my 2 cents on the flyaudio forum as well. I got the unit just over 2 months ago, and now they're not going to support it? Ridiculous!
Old 08-16-10, 02:28 PM
markolomew
Rookie

"Dear customers, I can understand your surprise, frustration and disappointment. If you'd like to voice your opinion, I don't think it's a bad idea that you let our corporate know by contacting them directly. Here is the link: www.flyaudio.net/contactus.asp"

Does anyone else feel like we are not getting to the "right" person? We need to find out who at the company has any pull to get things done, and how to get that person to see the complain forum page on flyaudio.us. I suggest doing what i'm doing and just copy and pasting the link to the forum page to all the email addresses listed on that page. It only takes a minute to do so and I'm sure it will **** enough people off that someone will give some sort of answer.

Here are the working email addresses posted and the link to the forum page on the flyaudio.us site:
flyaudio.china@gmail.com, flyaudio.china@163.com, service@flyaudio.com.tw, Support@flyaudio.us, Sales@flyaudio.us
http://flyaudio.us/forum/11-products...mit=6&start=18

Last edited by markolomew; 08-16-10 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-16-10, 10:36 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

oh wow this is not good especially for the early adopters who were promised fast and frequent updates.
Old 08-16-10, 10:43 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my dad was right ... never trust china...
Old 08-17-10, 12:46 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by panda327
my dad was right ... never trust china...
The item is made in China but the flyaudio company originated in Taiwan. I know this because before they had US distribution I heard about this system and I had my buddy in Taipei call their head office to enquire about compatibility with US/Can models. At the time the problem was that they didn't have N. American map software.

As a native Taiwanese I have to say though that Taiwanese companies have just as bad a reputation as Mainland Chinese companies....

It's as though we paid a lot of money to be their beta-testers for a few months.....
Old 08-17-10, 12:55 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

While some of the bugs are very valid the current system IMO is not that bad.
I am mostly happy about the GPS system and backup camera, there are no bugs there. The bluetooth as your basic as your headset but at least it connects properly and have a good range.

I wouldn't say it is trash. The company customer service makes or breaks the product though.
Old 08-18-10, 08:16 AM
OH Nasty
Driver

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
While some of the bugs are very valid the current system IMO is not that bad.
I am mostly happy about the GPS system and backup camera, there are no bugs there. The bluetooth as your basic as your headset but at least it connects properly and have a good range.

I wouldn't say it is trash. The company customer service makes or breaks the product though.
The bluetooth is a joke, well at least the mic is. I have to yell basically for anyone to be able to hear me properly, and yes I've tried different mounting spots. In this case the customer service breaks this product, causing it to be trash. With no further updates, support or cooperation from FlyAudio I really can't see myself keeping this.
Old 08-18-10, 12:37 PM
ekwlee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OH Nasty
The bluetooth is a joke, well at least the mic is. I have to yell basically for anyone to be able to hear me properly, and yes I've tried different mounting spots. In this case the customer service breaks this product, causing it to be trash. With no further updates, support or cooperation from FlyAudio I really can't see myself keeping this.
This is what ive been saying....if thy could only increase Bluetooth volume and sensitivity, its ridiculous, my speaker phone on my cell phone is better then the cars bluetooth
Old 08-18-10, 12:46 PM
OH Nasty
Driver

If only there was a simple solution to mounting an iPad into the dash. sigh
Old 08-18-10, 02:11 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

So... I have mine mounted in the dome, and I know what you mean about yelling, I thought you just take off the cloth which I havn't yet to get more clarity. I havn't had a lot of calls yet.

I know Javy said his work OK without the cloth.

The Mic itself is just 2 wires can be snipped off and replaced with a more sensitive one, but I don't know what specification is good, but some are very sensitive and the other party can probably hear as tight as your tire noise.
Old 08-18-10, 09:45 PM
muf-dvr
Rookie

Originally Posted by OH Nasty
If only there was a simple solution to mounting an iPad into the dash. sigh
HAHAHAHA...thats some funny ****!!!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350