Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-10, 02:40 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IS it worth to buy this? IVe seen many negative comments about this.. Make me worry
Old 12-31-10, 02:42 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I like it. Works good for me. The Navigation gets me there. Many people add I Go nav, but it works. Don't really need 3D maps. Plays DVD and IPod. My blu tooth works too, that's all I need it for.
Old 12-31-10, 06:06 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I like it. Works good for me. The Navigation gets me there. Many people add I Go nav, but it works. Don't really need 3D maps. Plays DVD and IPod. My blu tooth works too, that's all I need it for.
K this is 1 out of 500 people like it and I wanna know other people opinion.. U know I mean, I believe u and need more trust...
Old 01-03-11, 06:47 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Does this units Bluetooth support A2DP? I see some of the Fly Audio stuff shows A2DP and others don't. Not sure if this unit includes it.
Old 01-04-11, 10:38 AM
rollinout
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Feelin ya'

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Yeah, if those things work flawlessly then it would be great. But the price doesn't really justify the service and product from the company. I PMed Mat and haven't got a response yet. So I decided to spend the next 3 years reading ALL 60 something pages (-_-)'

It sounded so promising and just became a huge let down to the the guys who contributed a lot of their time and effort in helping this product become what was promised. Maybe if the price was right I'd give it a shot and hope for the best.

Anyone know where exactly their office is in Taiwan? I'm here for another week and can stop by if they are in the Taipei area.
Old 01-04-11, 10:41 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rollinout
... I PMed Mat and haven't got a response yet...
I responded at 7:30 this morning, did you not receive it? Thanks!
Old 01-04-11, 09:34 PM
rollinout
Driver School Candidate

Default Yessir

Originally Posted by Automax Service
I responded at 7:30 this morning, did you not receive it? Thanks!
I just got it. Did they ever resolve the AUX issue? If I wont be able to get full control over my iPod, I do have a connector that lets me control 1-6 play lists. If this connects to the system and works then it could be another option for others.
Old 01-05-11, 05:18 AM
ekwlee
Pole Position

before i sold my unit...i found a kind of ghetto work-around. anyway what i did was for the av in button i opened it up and plugged in the aux plug into it and then the other side into the ipod...then i went into the AV section of the menu system...and then controlled my ipod there..it worked..
Old 01-05-11, 07:38 PM
rollinout
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ekwlee
before i sold my unit...i found a kind of ghetto work-around. anyway what i did was for the av in button i opened it up and plugged in the aux plug into it and then the other side into the ipod...then i went into the AV section of the menu system...and then controlled my ipod there..it worked..
Ooh, like full controls on the touch screen?
Old 01-14-11, 05:18 PM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

In that a/v in door the sd card goes on top and you plugged something in on the bottom? What is that input for and what cable? If it was able to control an iPod with touch screen imagine what you could do with an iPad.

Anyone else find a use for that input jack behind that a/v tab?
Old 01-14-11, 05:32 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I did something similar to this - I hooked up the extra RCA inputs to an Apple Composite Video Cable. With the help of a little iPhone jailbreaking I now retain full iPod control and can play music (while displaying the album artwork on the display), stream videos (and anything else my iPhone shows on-screen) to the display. I don't even use the iPod cable that comes with the unit anymore...

Originally Posted by swyner
...Anyone else find a use for that input jack behind that a/v tab?
It also functions as a headphone jack. Let's say you're listening to a CD or DVD playing in the unit while driving late at night - you can plug a set of headphones in and enjoy the media while everyone else in the car sleeps.

Javier
Old 01-14-11, 06:57 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Daaaaam Javy, You gotta tell me what I NEED EXACTLY TO GET THAT TO WORK IN MY CAR.
Old 01-14-11, 09:27 PM
2006Onyx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VIS250P
IS it worth to buy this? IVe seen many negative comments about this.. Make me worry
I have one and I hate it. I was even going to sell it, but decided against it because the alternative (The stock cluster) looks awful in comparison.

That being said:
- p*** poor ipod control
- DVD playback that's screwy
- Nav that is useless. Seriously. Search for the store "Target" in the city of "Irvine" in the state of California. Zero matches. Google map it. There are nothing less that three in the city. Ok, I can understand not finding a dentist, or small mom & pop store, but you can't find a single instance of a national chain?

If this were Amazon.com, I'd give it two stars.

Mat @ Automax gets five stars, but Flyaudio as a company gets no stars.
Old 01-15-11, 11:59 AM
snoopin
Driver School Candidate

Is there any updates on a newer version that fixes. Was thinking about getting one but after reading all those pages...
Old 01-15-11, 03:30 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2006Onyx
I have one and I hate it. I was even going to sell it, but decided against it because the alternative (The stock cluster) looks awful in comparison.

That being said:
- p*** poor ipod control
- DVD playback that's screwy
- Nav that is useless. Seriously. Search for the store "Target" in the city of "Irvine" in the state of California. Zero matches. Google map it. There are nothing less that three in the city. Ok, I can understand not finding a dentist, or small mom & pop store, but you can't find a single instance of a national chain?

If this were Amazon.com, I'd give it two stars.

Mat @ Automax gets five stars, but Flyaudio as a company gets no stars.
THat's really shock me to see it.. WOW, I knew it because Ive seen some people have them were not satisfy

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350