Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 07:52 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Second unit installed successfully today. Thanks Philip, it was great hanging out with you today and exploring new options with this system. We are going to look into the option of mounting a camera in the front of the car as an extra add on in the future.

An issue we are looking into right now on Philips unit is the radio frequency's won't go above 97.5 FM. When we installed the 1st one, we didn't see this issue, so we are going to look into that.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Like wise Mat! Yeah i cant wait to get that camera to work for the front. Its going to be so sick and hopeful Thanks again to Mat and Nick(tech) at AutoMax
Old 12-05-09, 09:49 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An issue we are looking into right now on Philips unit is the radio frequency's won't go above 97.5 FM. When we installed the 1st one, we didn't see this issue, so we are going to look into that.
thats exactly what mine does too...

on FM it goes by every .1 (94.8,94.9,ect.) rather than every .2
and on AM it goes by multiples of 9 (600,609,618,ect.)
Old 12-06-09, 02:39 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badboy513

CDC: when playing a MP3 cd, you CAN'T choose folders. Can we pass that to flyaudio for the update? I thought you could do this, I will double check Monday morning and let you know what I find.

Also another request: nitpicking, but can we be able to choose to dial numbers from Odyssey nav? That option would be great. Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that you want to be able to dial phone numbers for your blue tooth when in the navigation mode?

I haven't been able to get a tomtom map to work, but I don't exactly have an "official" version, if you will What have you tried so far? Loading them onto the SD card and opening the files?
Also, is your FM tuner going above 97.5 ish? Glad you are enjoying the system! Thanks for all the feedback so far!
Old 12-06-09, 07:32 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Also, is your FM tuner going above 97.5 ish? Glad you are enjoying the system! Thanks for all the feedback so far!
Yep! I have this problem too, but I thought this was a known problem.

I'm waiting for the update from flyaudio!

Still SO worth it. My friends are amazed at the quality.
Old 12-06-09, 09:02 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Still SO worth it. My friends are amazed at the quality.
I have some great pictures of the unit installed on Philips car, so I will post those up tomorrow morning. It really is a great setup, each time we are installing one we are amazed at how well things fit and the quality of the workmanship. Fly Audio is really un-paralleled when it comes to quality.
Old 12-06-09, 10:05 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

^^Damn it Mat, its Phillip with two "L's" lolz.. I'll be calling you tomorrow bro.
Old 12-06-09, 11:46 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, don't stress out over the AirBag light so much, again.

I have an air bag complete pulled out (cut wires) and my light is not on, it can be fixed!
Old 12-07-09, 01:47 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e

I have an air bag complete pulled out (cut wires) and my light is not on, it can be fixed!
How did you do it?

My main concern is that it turns out to be a hardware issue rather than a software glitch, even if it's just something as simple as a wrong-rated resistor could mean a headache to take it apart, sending the whole thing back, waiting for a new (or fixed) one to arrive, and reinstalling. Especially significant for me because I would be having it shipped to my friend's place in WA for him to bring it here, which means I'd have to ask him to do that twice...

If it's for certain it's software and would only need an update to fix it, I'd be far less hesitant even if the actual fix isn't yet released.
Old 12-07-09, 06:53 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t0e

Plz let us know how to turn the airbag light...
Old 12-07-09, 07:31 AM
shui3000
Pole Position

wow, this is awesome. i want to get one once the kinks are fixed. are they ever going to put a clock in where there's supposed to be one? really important for me.
Old 12-07-09, 08:26 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Phil888
^^Damn it Mat, its Phillip with two "L's" lolz.. I'll be calling you tomorrow bro.
haha sorry man, I know the feeling...Mat with one "t" is certainly not something most people can ever seem to get right, but you got it haha.

Here is a picture of the unit installed on Phillips car.

Name:  DSC00047.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  73.6 KB
Old 12-07-09, 09:10 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IceIridium

My main concern is that it turns out to be a hardware issue rather than a software glitch, even if it's just something as simple as a wrong-rated resistor could mean a headache to take it apart, sending the whole thing back, waiting for a new (or fixed) one to arrive, and reinstalling. Especially significant for me because I would be having it shipped to my friend's place in WA for him to bring it here, which means I'd have to ask him to do that twice...

If it's for certain it's software and would only need an update to fix it, I'd be far less hesitant even if the actual fix isn't yet released.
I understand what you are saying. I would just like to re-iterate to people in Southern California who want us to install this unit (including Phillip and Mark) that whatever the fix ends up being, it will be taken care of for you at no charge. Whether it is software or hardware, we will take care of it at NO CHARGE (parts or labor) to you. Also, for those that we ship this unit to, we will provide any additional hardware/software at no additional cost to you.

In terms of installing this unit, the tricky part is the backup camera. The only reason I say that is because half the interior has to come out to do it RIGHT. Pulling the headunit is NOT difficult and can be done with tools you probably have in your garage.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions about this setup!
Old 12-07-09, 10:05 AM
texasborn
Rookie

My iGo8 is working just great. And my wife was quite surprised when she was going down the freeway and the car told her she was exceeding the speed limit. The default setting for that warning is 90!
Old 12-07-09, 10:10 AM
MCL1
Pole Position

haha sorry man, I know the feeling...Mat with one "t" is certainly not something most people can ever seem to get right, but you got it haha.

Here is a picture of the unit installed on Phillips car.

Hey guys. What is the "day/night" button in that pic? I don't think I have it!!

Also, I've been thinking of just sticking small lcd clock next to the hazard light button... That space is empty.
Old 12-07-09, 10:41 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Hey guys. What is the "day/night" button in that pic? I don't think I have it!!

Also, I've been thinking of just sticking small lcd clock next to the hazard light button... That space is empty.
Mark,

If you go into setup and click "Auto Dimming" and turn it OFF then you will have that option on the main screen to select the "Day/Night" screen contrast. I prefer the Auto dimming turned on.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350