Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-11, 09:11 PM
BlackFish8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MKsky
Please tell us what changes have you done to your unit and how to do it. I guess this is the only way to improve our unit.

Mark
I would also like to know this
Old 01-21-11, 10:33 AM
sigteacher
Driver

Originally Posted by B16da9
After reading this thread and looking over the pros and cons of the unit and also giving that the flyaudio unit will still be much better than my current non navigation controls I went ahead and ordered mine hopefully it will be in this week so I can install it over the weekend.

I do have one question, since every one says that the system runs better on the iGo8 navigation software. Can any one point me in the right direction as to were to get it as I would like to upgrade the system with it right after the install.
Give us an update once you get it installed
Old 01-21-11, 10:41 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sigteacher
Give us an update once you get it installed
That's going to be a while, I got my money refunded as they are out of stock of the 06-08 units .
Old 01-21-11, 01:21 PM
penone
Driver

That sucks. Who is out of stock? Automax?
Old 01-21-11, 01:27 PM
B16da9
Racer

Originally Posted by penone
That sucks. Who is out of stock? Automax?
yeah, Automax is out of stock. I have to give it to them though they do give great service. I got my money refunded instead of them holding on it to it like some other companies would.
Old 01-21-11, 01:29 PM
penone
Driver

Wow! And here I am saving up to get one...was hoping to have everything together by end of next month. Hope they get some back in but based on how Flyaudio operates am not holding my breath.
Old 01-21-11, 01:57 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
yeah, Automax is out of stock. I have to give it to them though they do give great service. I got my money refunded instead of them holding on it to it like some other companies would.
That really sucks.....Hope you get it soon. You'll like it!
Old 01-25-11, 12:24 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

hey guys i have a question . i bought my flyaudio back in April of last year. i have yet to find someone who has the same issue as me.

the issue has to do when on a call using blue tooth function i can not change the climate control settings. It finally annoyed me today when i was trying to lower the heat from mid to low while on a call .The only way to change it would be to hang up the call and then change it and then call back. I dont know if their is a setting that stops the bluetooth from stopping other functions. The only thing i can do while on a call is go onto the navigation screen and main menu.
Old 01-25-11, 04:49 PM
skytribe
Driver School Candidate

Such a shame the flyaudio stopped trying to update the unit with simple fixes.

There's obviously quite a bit of demand for Nav for non nav ISx50 vehicles.
Old 01-26-11, 02:46 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^that's what's stopping me from buying the flyaudio. i think automax is awesome, but flyaudio really hurts automax by not making fixes for their products.
Old 01-26-11, 11:50 AM
swyner
Driver School Candidate

Mat at Automax, what is your take on Flyaudio's lack of specific Lexus unit updates? Can you please try to represent us by demanding some changes or you will pull the Lexus lineup? I fully understand and appreciate you sell hundreds of flyaudio units (for other cars) and they seems to be updated and working with much more functionality for nearly half the price. Please make our voice heard as a distributor and reseller or flyaudio products. Thanks.
Old 01-26-11, 12:19 PM
B16da9
Racer

Originally Posted by Sffd103
That really sucks.....Hope you get it soon. You'll like it!
Thanks bro, and thank you once again for the pictures you sent me. My wife really likes the way it compliments the interior.

Only draw back to that is now she is set on getting Navigation when we buy her RX.
Old 01-28-11, 08:48 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Hey guys, I don't have much in terms of an update, but we are currently out of stock on the FlyAudio units (we have 1 09-10 unit left). FlyAudio has said that their factory is in the middle of the Chinese New Year right now and may have more units in March. However, they couldn't say for sure. I wish I had more information, but communication isn't their strong suit.

In terms of updates for the existing units, I have done everything I can. I have voiced my concerns to their Manager in the states and even visited China and voiced my concerns to their corporate staff. I wish they were more receptive to feedback from retailers or their customers, but they aren't.
Old 01-28-11, 10:56 AM
B16da9
Racer

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Hey guys, I don't have much in terms of an update, but we are currently out of stock on the FlyAudio units (we have 1 09-10 unit left). FlyAudio has said that their factory is in the middle of the Chinese New Year right now and may have more units in March. However, they couldn't say for sure. I wish I had more information, but communication isn't their strong suit.

In terms of updates for the existing units, I have done everything I can. I have voiced my concerns to their Manager in the states and even visited China and voiced my concerns to their corporate staff. I wish they were more receptive to feedback from retailers or their customers, but they aren't.
That localy used unit is gettting even more tempting now.
Old 02-05-11, 04:35 PM
Moviefun
Driver School Candidate

Default "Please calibrate screen issue"

Hello,

Well - despite the minor bugs with this thing, I did like the functionality it offered and had got quite used to it.

I'm on my second unit that has had a failed touchscreen. My first one stopped working randomly.

This one has worked for about a month and upon a few days of not driving the car it boots up and gets stuck on "please calibrate screen"

Nothing can be done, it just sticks there and I can't do anything.

Before I just give up on this thing and send it back once and for all... has anyone seen this ? Can I flash the firmware or do anything else to reset the unit ? Is it really just another bad screen ?

Anyone who has seen this on their end, please let me know. I'm torn between having enough of this waste of time and liking the functionality this thing gave me, but if i'm pulling this thing out again, it's the last time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mike

Last edited by Moviefun; 02-05-11 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350