Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-11, 07:56 PM
timgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Little A/C Guy

Does anyone know or have a pic? Can you still use the auto a/c with this and is the little guy with the arrows pointing to where the air is going show on the screen? I really like the little guy. Thanks!
Old 03-26-11, 08:50 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,

I just installed my FlyAudio unit yesterday.

Here is my pros and cons

Pro1: The WHOLE phonebook is now can be searched and make call via Bluetooth function

Pro2: The search function in IPod is now implemented i.e. Search by Song, Search by Artist, Search by Album etc.

Con1: There is a gap between the center console and the FlyAudio Unit on the right side

Con2: The air vent direction can't be operated. The buttons on the screen are blue but they don't work when pressed.

I will post picture to make it clearer to you guys

Anyone has suggestions/remedies for these?
Old 03-26-11, 10:50 PM
texas02118
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCWB
Hi All,

I just installed my FlyAudio unit yesterday.

Here is my pros and cons

Pro1: The WHOLE phonebook is now can be searched and make call via Bluetooth function

Pro2: The search function in IPod is now implemented i.e. Search by Song, Search by Artist, Search by Album etc.

Con1: There is a gap between the center console and the FlyAudio Unit on the right side

Con2: The air vent direction can't be operated. The buttons on the screen are blue but they don't work when pressed.

I will post picture to make it clearer to you guys

Anyone has suggestions/remedies for these?
What? My flyaudio unit does not have a phonebook! Is this a new software update or what? Let me know.
Old 03-26-11, 11:42 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by texas02118
What? My flyaudio unit does not have a phonebook! Is this a new software update or what? Let me know.
neither does mine! is there an updated firmware out?
Old 03-27-11, 01:33 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

I will show you the picture.

Let me fix the air vent control first.
Old 03-27-11, 01:10 PM
djbuddha
Rookie

So I might as well break the news I got yesterday .. A retailer told me that Flyaudio has made a new version of the flyaudio unit for the '06-'08 with a LOT of fixes. I'm waiting for it to arrive at the retailer before I can order mine.

I'm waiting on some details and if I'm told that I'm allowed to post them I'll post. I hope they offer something really really good for 1st gen adopters (like a sick rebate or even replacements for those who had serious difficulty on the 1st round) ... There will be some naysayers-- but you can only hope for others right?
Old 03-27-11, 01:37 PM
sigteacher
Driver

Originally Posted by djbuddha
So I might as well break the news I got yesterday .. A retailer told me that Flyaudio has made a new version of the flyaudio unit for the '06-'08 with a LOT of fixes. I'm waiting for it to arrive at the retailer before I can order mine.

I'm waiting on some details and if I'm told that I'm allowed to post them I'll post. I hope they offer something really really good for 1st gen adopters (like a sick rebate or even replacements for those who had serious difficulty on the 1st round) ... There will be some naysayers-- but you can only hope for others right?
Keep us updated when you get your new unit
Old 03-27-11, 01:49 PM
texas02118
Driver

FML! I just bought my unit about two months ago thinking that these guys were not going to make any other newer units!

If they release another unit and they do not offer any incentive to us first gen buyers I am not going to buy an updated version of it. To be honest, the first generation unit doesn't have many flaws that annoy me and therefore, I don't see the need to get another one.
Old 03-27-11, 02:03 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djbuddha

only for 06-08 not 09 ?
how credible is your retailer?

http://www.flyaudio.cn/fa_product_id.asp?id=149

would this be the newer model ? it does say NEW :P

Last edited by panda327; 03-27-11 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-27-11, 02:18 PM
kvl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BoOst3d
just bought it.....ill see if i put up pics when it comes
hey boost3d,
have you got a pic of the rear camera you bought from ebay installed?
hows the camera picture quality?
thanks
Old 03-27-11, 03:53 PM
djbuddha
Rookie

Originally Posted by panda327
only for 06-08 not 09 ?
how credible is your retailer?

http://www.flyaudio.cn/fa_product_id.asp?id=149

would this be the newer model ? it does say NEW :P
About the years I stated- that was according to their website. Could have been a typo on the website- not a big deal (especially considering if this is true, they have to update that page anyway)

Not sure about the link (can't read cantonese lol)..

I spoke to the retailer and was ready to pull the trigger and buy the original unit. He said and I quote:

"I don't have any in stock, Fly Audio discontinued that model and is replacing it with a newer build of that model that addresses a lot of issues the last unit had."

I asked about the issues, all he would say is that they address a lot of issues from the 1st gen. He threw certain things around (about the hardware changes) that I won't post as I'm not confirming anything to be true yet. I asked him to e-mail me a list of changes and that I wouldn't post them UNLESS he said it was OK.

I then continued to ask him if I can order the unit to have it shipped when it comes in (as I want my car to be completed by a certain date for work reasons), he said (and keep in mind, this confirms it for me as per what Mat from AutoMax has alluded to on this thread):

"I've dealt with Fly Audio for a while, and communication isn't their strongest asset. When they say 2 weeks, it may end up being a little longer than 2 weeks."

Originally Posted by texas02118
FML! I just bought my unit about two months ago thinking that these guys were not going to make any other newer units!

If they release another unit and they do not offer any incentive to us first gen buyers I am not going to buy an updated version of it. To be honest, the first generation unit doesn't have many flaws that annoy me and therefore, I don't see the need to get another one.
I completely agree with this. I think for buyers like texas02118, they should offer a free upgrade as he just got it very recently. Or a stupid ridiculous low price (like $200) lol.

I think anybody who bought the Lexus unit should get that stupid low price as those were the people who helped up-start this company who is seemingly becoming very successful in this car audio field.

Last edited by djbuddha; 03-27-11 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-28-11, 10:34 AM
superfi77
Driver School Candidate

I would be very happy if there's a software update!!!
Old 03-28-11, 01:08 PM
giangy11
Driver School Candidate

so is there finally an updated firmware?
Old 03-28-11, 07:00 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by giangy11
so is there finally an updated firmware?
not really
Old 03-30-11, 11:45 AM
Tonecapone
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2011 Lexus is250 does anyone know where the navigation software is located ?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350