Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-11, 12:56 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes you can. I've seen the iGo8. Not sure where you can get it and moderators don't support file sharing FYI.
Old 04-09-11, 02:42 PM
Alantjai
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have tried both and I prefer IGO! better navigation software en looks great!
Old 04-12-11, 02:27 PM
Aman13AK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sliver250
I have ordered a Flyaudio HU and am planning to run my TomTom Navigator 6 software. Using a windows mobile emulator, I have tested the program, and can get it to run in 640x480, but in 800x480 resolution mode, the nav display tiles and overlaps. Does anyone have a fix for the resolution sizing? Post #616 shows screen shots, and I'd like to know what needed to be modified within the files to get 800x480 to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Where did you order from?
Old 04-12-11, 08:48 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought mine from Matt at Automax Service. They are a vendor here on CL.
Old 04-17-11, 02:22 PM
Aman13AK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I bought mine from Matt at Automax Service. They are a vendor here on CL.
I contacted them but they are out of stock.
Old 04-18-11, 01:25 AM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, I am in Singapore and installed this Flyaudio unit last Saturday on my RHD 2IS. It has been working pretty well for me so far but I would like to ask the gurus here some questions.

1. The blank screen button only lasts for a couple of minutes. Can this be extended indefinitely until I want the screen to come back again?

2. MP3 from the SD card – Does not have quick return to the higher level folder. Does not show clipart or image. Cannot re-start the current song by pressing the down arrow button on the steering remote, need to go to the previous song first then to the song that you want. What is the highest capacity SD card that it can support?

3. DVD – Poor interface. Not able to read USB thumbdrive. Mine is 32GB using FAT32. Anyone has this problem?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-11, 03:51 AM
akitoyiu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joeleow
Hi guys, I am in Singapore and installed this Flyaudio unit last Saturday on my RHD 2IS. It has been working pretty well for me so far but I would like to ask the gurus here some questions.
Hi Joel,

Sorry I couldn't answer your questions but I have a few questions to ask instead

I just ordered the Flyaudio and waiting to be installed this weekend, but the dealer told me that, since my ride is also a RHD (Hong Kong), he said the dual AC will be opposite (Pressing Driver side temperature control actually affect the Passenger side and vice versa). Can you confirm if this is the case for yours as well?

Did you get a TV tuner? The dealer just turned me down that the TV tuner is too expensive as an add-on and the quality is not good etc.

Thanks,
Old 04-18-11, 09:46 AM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

hi akitoyiu,

for me i had no problems with the AC, the buttons will control the temperature on its side. so driver's AC buttons will control driver side's temperature. however, i did not see how they install it so i won't know if they did any modifications for me. but i doubt it.

i did not get the TV tuner... still saving up.
i don't think the TV tuner comes from Flyaudio. the SG distributor should be bringing in third party tuners as an add-ons.

feel free to email/MSN me on joeleow@hotmail.com coz i may not be in this forum frequently.

is yours the FL or pre-FL model?

cheers
joe

Originally Posted by akitoyiu
Hi Joel,

Sorry I couldn't answer your questions but I have a few questions to ask instead

I just ordered the Flyaudio and waiting to be installed this weekend, but the dealer told me that, since my ride is also a RHD (Hong Kong), he said the dual AC will be opposite (Pressing Driver side temperature control actually affect the Passenger side and vice versa). Can you confirm if this is the case for yours as well?

Did you get a TV tuner? The dealer just turned me down that the TV tuner is too expensive as an add-on and the quality is not good etc.

Thanks,
Old 04-19-11, 04:46 AM
akitoyiu
Driver School Candidate

Hi Joel

The shop just called me that i can bring my car for installation. Will see how it goes

Thanks for the info
Will update here soon I guess
Old 04-19-11, 06:18 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeleow

1. The blank screen button only lasts for a couple of minutes. Can this be extended indefinitely until I want the screen to come back again?

2. MP3 from the SD card – Does not have quick return to the higher level folder. Does not show clipart or image. Cannot re-start the current song by pressing the down arrow button on the steering remote, need to go to the previous song first then to the song that you want. What is the highest capacity SD card that it can support?

3. DVD – Poor interface. Not able to read USB thumbdrive. Mine is 32GB using FAT32. Anyone has this problem?

Thanks!
Does your Air Vent Control buttons works?

Mine was frozen. I touch the buttons but they didn't work?
Old 04-19-11, 06:34 PM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SCWB
Does your Air Vent Control buttons works?

Mine was frozen. I touch the buttons but they didn't work?
yes the air vent control buttons works for me. but the LO button still gives out a fair amount of air. the trouble for me now is having to go to the Climate control page just to change the air flow.
Old 04-19-11, 06:38 PM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by akitoyiu
Hi Joel

The shop just called me that i can bring my car for installation. Will see how it goes

Thanks for the info
Will update here soon I guess
my mechanics took the pain to remove the top air vents from inside so that the soft dashboard will not be dented or scratched. they manage to do this after dismantling the glove compartments first and put their hands to the back of the air vents through there. hope it helps.
Old 04-20-11, 06:06 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Where are your installers ordering the TV tuners from?
Old 04-20-11, 10:18 AM
akitoyiu
Driver School Candidate

Just got it installed, and everything seems working fine.
Still doing testing....

so far, map, back camera, bluetooth, dvd (can play while driving), cd changer, ac, ipod all working good.
Old 04-20-11, 07:12 PM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

congrats akitoyiu! can it display chinese characters in the MP3 module?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350