Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not test mp3 yet but iPod can display Chinese

Will try it later today
Old 04-20-11, 09:38 PM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

does anyone knows if the DVD player can decode 5.1 or 7.1?
Old 04-22-11, 04:28 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any news on the updated flyaudio device?
Old 04-23-11, 07:15 AM
akitoyiu
Driver School Candidate

Hi Joel,

After testing for awhile....

1. Blank screen can stay longer, unless there are other things like GPS has message to pop up, otherwise, it just stay blank.

2. I found out that the MP3 icon on the menu actually referring to the SD card, but my SD card is used for the map... so I guess, i cannot use the mp3 from there

3. So relating to #2, I can connect the USB drive, with full of mp3s in it, but the drive has to be converted to FAT... (in other words, 4GB is max...?) I can play mp3 from there using the USB interface from DVD menu, but cannot show the ID3 tag from mp3 files.

And everything else just working fine, or maybe the worst thing i hate is that if I have a DVD rom in the drive, it will always start playing the DVD whenever I start the engine, and its not willing to go back to the last operated thing such as CDC or USB.
Old 04-23-11, 08:44 AM
djzx
Rookie

Originally Posted by akitoyiu
Hi Joel,

1. Blank screen can stay longer, unless there are other things like GPS has message to pop up, otherwise, it just stay blank.

2. I found out that the MP3 icon on the menu actually referring to the SD card, but my SD card is used for the map... so I guess, i cannot use the mp3 from there

3. So relating to #2, I can connect the USB drive, with full of mp3s in it, but the drive has to be converted to FAT... (in other words, 4GB is max...?) I can play mp3 from there using the USB interface from DVD menu, but cannot show the ID3 tag from mp3 files.

And everything else just working fine, or maybe the worst thing i hate is that if I have a DVD rom in the drive, it will always start playing the DVD whenever I start the engine, and its not willing to go back to the last operated thing such as CDC or USB.
2. create a folder and put your mp3s in there. If you use the same gps that came with the system then you are stuck with the 4 gig. I have igo installed on a 8 gig, enough room for my mp3s. I think you can put a higher capacity sd card, 16 or 32. The major down side of playing mp3 and using gps is that it lags the gps and scrolling through songs is slow too.

3. FAT format doesn't mean your maximum capacity is limited to 4 gigs. It refers to maximum of 4 gigs per file. I have a 32 gig flash drive and it works. The problem is as you mentioned, the system doesn't go back to usb mode when restarted.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-24-11, 06:46 PM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by djzx
2. create a folder and put your mp3s in there. If you use the same gps that came with the system then you are stuck with the 4 gig. I have igo installed on a 8 gig, enough room for my mp3s. I think you can put a higher capacity sd card, 16 or 32. The major down side of playing mp3 and using gps is that it lags the gps and scrolling through songs is slow too.

3. FAT format doesn't mean your maximum capacity is limited to 4 gigs. It refers to maximum of 4 gigs per file. I have a 32 gig flash drive and it works. The problem is as you mentioned, the system doesn't go back to usb mode when restarted.

Hope this helps.
I was thinking of getting a 32Gb microSD card to store my MP3 files. can you confirm if they can handle this capacity? not able to get an answer from Flyaudio directly.

I also have a 32Gb flash drive and realised that its FAT32 format is not accepted. I tried to format it to FAT using DOS cmd in Windows 7 but it didn't work. Can you advise how did you format yours? Using XP or any special software?

cheers
Old 04-24-11, 06:55 PM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by akitoyiu
Hi Joel,

2. yes, can be done. just follow instructions by djzx. my problem is that my GPS software is somehow encoded into my 4Gb SD card. first time transfer to another SD card is free, subsequent times are chargeable.

can your system read Chinese characters in MP3 module?

3. I am using my 1Gb flash drive now. Hope to get a higher capacity one soon.

yeah, I think I have the last problem too.
Old 04-25-11, 01:25 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A caution about putting mp3's in the microSD card: It would occasionally freeze the system and give me a Windows-style program error message window saying, "The program mp3player.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". And I can't get it back running until I turn off and on the car. I asked Mat about it and he said flyaudio is aware of the issue but no fix, and that they don't recommend putting mp3's in the same SD card as the navi files, one or the other.

If I was listening to the CDC when I turn off the car it continues to play the CDC at the same point when I start it. It doesn't go into DVD. It will go into DVD if I was playing something from the flash drive though.
Old 04-25-11, 07:32 PM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
A caution about putting mp3's in the microSD card: It would occasionally freeze the system and give me a Windows-style program error message window saying, "The program mp3player.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". And I can't get it back running until I turn off and on the car. I asked Mat about it and he said flyaudio is aware of the issue but no fix, and that they don't recommend putting mp3's in the same SD card as the navi files, one or the other.

If I was listening to the CDC when I turn off the car it continues to play the CDC at the same point when I start it. It doesn't go into DVD. It will go into DVD if I was playing something from the flash drive though.
I definitely prefer to use the MP3 interface and get my songs from the SD card. So far I have not encountered such issues. Crossing my fingers!
Old 04-26-11, 05:22 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've recently been having an issue with my IGO8 software. For some strange reason or another the system won't save my Time settings and when I try to auto correct to GPS it wont allow me to do so.

I've also tried deleting the "Save" folder on the SD card and the problem is still there.
Old 04-26-11, 02:42 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
I've recently been having an issue with my IGO8 software. For some strange reason or another the system won't save my Time settings and when I try to auto correct to GPS it wont allow me to do so.

I've also tried deleting the "Save" folder on the SD card and the problem is still there.
Is it always 1 or 2 hours off? If so, check your settings and turn off "cold start gps". Someone figured this out a long while ago when many of us were having the same time problem.
Old 04-26-11, 07:49 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Is it always 1 or 2 hours off? If so, check your settings and turn off "cold start gps". Someone figured this out a long while ago when many of us were having the same time problem.
Thank you I'll try that tomorrow.
Old 04-26-11, 10:14 PM
djbuddha
Rookie

It seems like the new unit I heard about is gonna take too long for when I needed it .. So I caved and bought the original unit. Very happy .. How much? Watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV5rq_-NNPg&sns=em
Old 04-27-11, 05:58 AM
joeleow
Driver School Candidate

what new unit did you hear about? what new features are there?
how did u do this? it is cool...
Old 05-06-11, 10:43 AM
Aman13AK
Driver School Candidate

Default New Fly Audio unit

Hey guys,
I just purchased a new unit and had a couple questions:

1 - How can I tell if I have the lastest bios and firmware updates? Is there a control panel that I can use to confirm the version? What should it be assumsing that I have a current revision?

2 - Where can I get the latest version of iGo8? I am sure this has been covered but I cant seem to find any current links on where I can download the software will the current maps (3d/HD) with building and all the mods to run it.

3 - How can I tell if I have the current harness that resolves the airbag issue?
Are there any pics or description of the old vs new harness?

If any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated. I havent installed it yet but I am already excited to get it up and running.

Are there any other mods you guys recommend?

Thanks

Last edited by Aman13AK; 05-06-11 at 11:00 AM. Reason: ?3

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350