Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-11, 06:20 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by giangy11
i mean that the nav. voice when talking, or others navi sounds, mutes the music or the radio of the unit.

Is there a way to listen both nav. voice and music/radio without muting during speech voice?

(i think no)

thank you
You can't
Old 05-23-11, 06:23 AM
giangy11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-23-11, 11:42 AM
JagKnight
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus ES350 Flyaudio Connector

Hi there,

I am just wondering if anyone knows what this connector is for. I have finished installing the Flyaudio system but can't figure out what this connector is for or what it plugs into. Is this for an optional TPMS? Also, on my system it is wired into the main harness. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 05-23-11, 10:02 PM
djzx
Rookie

Originally Posted by giangy11
i mean that the nav. voice when talking, or others navi sounds, mutes the music or the radio of the unit.

Is there a way to listen both nav. voice and music/radio without muting during speech voice?

(i think no)

thank you
Theres only one way to do it. Play music in sd card. I don't recommend it because it lags your gps a lot.
Old 05-25-11, 09:06 AM
djzx
Rookie

New backup camera install ended in complete failure! two major problems...the plug that came with the backup camera is rca, the flyaudio plug...svideo. Now the second major problem, one of the nut that holds down the carbon fiber panel was over torque so when I was trying to loosen it the thing that keeps it from moving came loose too...now I will need to find a way to loosen it. Anybody have any suggestion? Or I might have to find someone to split the nut. For the rca plug problem...I ordered a rca to svideo plug. Hope thats going to work...if not I will probably need to find a backup camera with a svideo plug. Still...the main problem is the panel...
Old 05-25-11, 09:22 AM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djzx
New backup camera install ended in complete failure! two major problems...the plug that came with the backup camera is rca, the flyaudio plug...svideo. Now the second major problem, one of the nut that holds down the carbon fiber panel was over torque so when I was trying to loosen it the thing that keeps it from moving came loose too...now I will need to find a way to loosen it. Anybody have any suggestion? Or I might have to find someone to split the nut. For the rca plug problem...I ordered a rca to svideo plug. Hope thats going to work...if not I will probably need to find a backup camera with a svideo plug. Still...the main problem is the panel...
I tried the rca to svideo plug when I switched my camara and it did not work no matter what I did. I ended up buying a long rca cable and re running the wires from the trunk to the head unit. It was a pain but it looks so much better.
Old 05-25-11, 09:56 AM
djzx
Rookie

Originally Posted by mISteRED
I tried the rca to svideo plug when I switched my camara and it did not work no matter what I did. I ended up buying a long rca cable and re running the wires from the trunk to the head unit. It was a pain but it looks so much better.

Damn thats not good news I will give the converter a try anyway before doing anything drastic. Before this....I need to fix my panel because of the lose nut the panel is not holding on tightly.
Old 05-25-11, 10:04 AM
djzx
Rookie

Damn thats not good news I will give the converter a try anyway before doing anything drastic. Before this....I need to fix my panel because of the lose nut the panel is not holding on tightly.
I meant to say stuck nut.
Old 05-25-11, 11:17 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

I want to take the plunge and buy this but I'm hesitant because everyone sells theirs left and right. Why is this?
Old 05-25-11, 11:24 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nmpeter
I want to take the plunge and buy this but I'm hesitant because everyone sells theirs left and right. Why is this?
because it does the job but doesn't do it well for 1k+

i'd wait since there are rumours with a newer model coming out that has alot of fixes and improvements
Old 05-25-11, 12:23 PM
JagKnight
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JagKnight
Hi there,

I am just wondering if anyone knows what this connector is for. I have finished installing the Flyaudio system but can't figure out what this connector is for or what it plugs into. Is this for an optional TPMS? Also, on my system it is wired into the main harness. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Nevermind, figured it out. Not sure why it is needed though!
Old 05-26-11, 11:38 AM
djzx
Rookie

Well I was able to fix the trunk panel issue. now I might have to rerun the cable...is there a fast way of doing this?
Old 06-01-11, 08:30 PM
djzx
Rookie

My car must hate me by now. ..took everything out over the weekend, reran everything... Installed the new camera...tested everything and put everything back on the camera worked for a while then it stopped working after I turned off my car. Took everything off again and examined everything...worked again then it stopped working again! Took panel off and tested the voltage with multimeter and checked connection, even used tried external 12v power...still dead...sigh. I think I will need to take it apart again and test the camera somewhere else and see if its bad. Sigh
Old 06-02-11, 05:19 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My car must hate me by now. ..took everything out over the weekend, reran everything... Installed the new camera...tested everything and put everything back on the camera worked for a while then it stopped working after I turned off my car. Took everything off again and examined everything...worked again then it stopped working again! Took panel off and tested the voltage with multimeter and checked connection, even used tried external 12v power...still dead...sigh. I think I will need to take it apart again and test the camera somewhere else and see if its bad. Sigh
Check your signal wire.
Old 06-02-11, 08:27 AM
djzx
Rookie

Originally Posted by B16da9
Check your signal wire.
I will have to do that...tested the camera last night and it worked. Hope the wire is just loose or something...I doing want to rerun it again.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350