Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-09, 07:57 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ It'll be cool if we can change the startup logo to the lexus logo like in the video.
Old 12-16-09, 09:05 AM
texasborn
Rookie

Originally Posted by supaIS350
^^ It'll be cool if we can change the startup logo to the lexus logo like in the video.
Hmm. That's probably down in the rom. It would involve flashing it.
Old 12-16-09, 01:36 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought the flyaudio systems have a built-in selectable logo startup screen?

I watched a video of an install on a Camry and during setup they went through a selection of different startup car logos to pick the right brand. The result is this:

"Start-up new mainframe and display opening picture, you will see “ TOYOTA” logo, and feel original car entertainment coming."

Other brands too:

Wrong logo! haha:

So I thought it's there for the Lexus systems too?
Old 12-16-09, 02:55 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IceIridium
I thought the flyaudio systems have a built-in selectable logo startup screen?

I watched a video of an install on a Camry and during setup they went through a selection of different startup car logos to pick the right brand. The result is this:

"Start-up new mainframe and display opening picture, you will see “ TOYOTA” logo, and feel original car entertainment coming."

So I thought it's there for the Lexus systems too?
I don't think the US version came with the option to select the logos. It starts up with the FlyAudio logo instead. Unless I'm missing something. Maybe there is another way to get to that option.

Here a photo I found with that screen:
Attached Thumbnails FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350-fa.jpg  
Old 12-16-09, 03:19 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

There are a number of logos you can choose from. To select a new logo, go to "Setup" and in the main setup screen, hold your finger down in the top left portion of the screen on the picture of the gear for about 8 seconds, then you can scroll thru all of the start up icons.

Here is a picture of the unit on my desk with the Lexus logo at startup.

Name:  DSC00062.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  41.3 KB
Old 12-16-09, 03:50 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you add your own?
Old 12-16-09, 03:59 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet...Thank you Automax..get them tips coming!!!!
Old 12-16-09, 05:01 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NemeGuero
Can you add your own?
Good question Evan. I haven't played around in the back end operating system yet to see how the file structure is setup. When I do the software update on my desk unit, I will play around with it and see how the files are stored. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to create your own startup logo, but I am not 100% sure yet. That would certainly be a cool idea.

It's pretty sweet all the new information coming out about the possibilities with this system, I have a feeling it's going to just keep getting better. I am sure by the time you get yours Evan you will know all the secrets.
Old 12-16-09, 05:41 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got it!!!

Mat,

I just wanted to give you a quick thank you, UPS just dropped off my new unit!! I only just opened it up and have only been able to look at it but it looks very high quality. I also wanted to thank you for the quick shipping and for answering all the questions I had. I can't wait to install it. Are you going to have any write ups on the installs you did, I'm going to do this myself so any tips would really help. It's great to see that they have already addressed some of the issues that a few people have had. Keep us posted on any new info that you hear from FlyAudio and I will let you know how things go when I start the install. Thanks again.
Old 12-16-09, 06:48 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there should be a thread sometime in the future about all the tips and tricks of the system.

like changing clock/temp formats
changing splash screen
uploading 3rd party software

etc

etc
Old 12-16-09, 07:48 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Good question Evan. I haven't played around in the back end operating system yet to see how the file structure is setup. When I do the software update on my desk unit, I will play around with it and see how the files are stored. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to create your own startup logo, but I am not 100% sure yet. That would certainly be a cool idea.

It's pretty sweet all the new information coming out about the possibilities with this system, I have a feeling it's going to just keep getting better. I am sure by the time you get yours Evan you will know all the secrets.
Yes, I want a picture of my *** on the start up.

No, all joking aside, that's an awesome tip , Mat. How did you find that out?! What else do you know?
Old 12-16-09, 08:18 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mISteRED
Mat,

I just wanted to give you a quick thank you, UPS just dropped off my new unit!! I only just opened it up and have only been able to look at it but it looks very high quality. I also wanted to thank you for the quick shipping and for answering all the questions I had. I can't wait to install it. Are you going to have any write ups on the installs you did, I'm going to do this myself so any tips would really help. It's great to see that they have already addressed some of the issues that a few people have had. Keep us posted on any new info that you hear from FlyAudio and I will let you know how things go when I start the install. Thanks again.
Anytime Greg, I will give you a call early next week and we can talk about the install a little bit.

Originally Posted by NemeGuero
I think there should be a thread sometime in the future about all the tips and tricks of the system.

like changing clock/temp formats
changing splash screen
uploading 3rd party software

etc

etc
Great idea Evan, I will get a list together and start a thread in the next couple of days.

Originally Posted by badboy513
Yes, I want a picture of my *** on the start up.

No, all joking aside, that's an awesome tip , Mat. How did you find that out?! What else do you know?
Most of the questions I have had about this system have been answered by the guys at Fly Audio. They know this system very well and have alot of great information to share. Alot of times on Internet forums we forget that sometimes the best way to find an answer is to pick up the phone and call someone who knows. I spend about an hour each day on the phone with Edward and Victor asking them questions so that I can share with our clients. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call me or the guys at Fly Audio, that is usually the best and fastest way to get an answer.
Old 12-16-09, 10:13 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

For me, the biggest request I have is playlist function on ipod. It's killing me to do it manually on the ipod.
Old 12-16-09, 11:07 PM
tigabalm
Rookie

Regarding uploading 3rd Party software... would I be able to install a Korean navigation program? I'm having my IS shipped over here (thats a long story for another day), and having a US map would be pretty useless.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any help guys

thanks
Old 12-17-09, 06:24 AM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just drooled watching the videos, the unit looks great! Whenever the software updates come out I may just have to purchase it! Everything looks great though, OP, awesome job with the review and pictures!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350