Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 05:54 AM
texas02118
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still waiting on that review! Can't wait for Saturday!!!!
Old 07-08-11, 02:40 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

UPS dropped it off today, I'll be posting sometime this weekend. I'm just waiting on the weather now.
Old 07-08-11, 03:04 PM
DenIS250
Pole Position

^^awesome! yes weather has been horrible down here
Old 07-08-11, 07:43 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Here's my new second gen flyaudio IS navigation. I've got to work tomorrow so after work I'll be installing it.

You can tell that's its the new second generation unit, because of the cooling fan on the back. Also it looks totally different from the other pics that I have seen.

Name:  FlyAudio_FA039NAVIBOX.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  37.1 KB

Name:  FlyAudio_FA039NAVI.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  30.9 KB

Last edited by 2jzism; 07-09-11 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-08-11, 08:41 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ohhhhhhhhh damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 07-08-11, 11:04 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will this fit on the 08 isf too??
Old 07-08-11, 11:16 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

car light trends the only place that carries the 2nd gen?
Old 07-08-11, 11:26 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't wait for the review... !!!
Old 07-09-11, 10:05 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Originally Posted by panda327
car light trends the only place that carries the 2nd gen?
panda

Yes car light trends is the only place to get the 2nd gen flyaudio navigation. I was talking to David from car light trends and it turns out the he is FlyAudio's Florida sales rep, that is why he can get us the 2nd gen units.

I'm at work now and I'll be getting off later today, the weather here in Miami is non stop rain. Its been raining for the last four days, I'm going to have to use a friends garage to do the install. I need to get this in today because I'm taking the wife and the little ones up to Orlando for a couple of days.

So this road trip will be a good way to test it out.
Old 07-09-11, 01:00 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2jzism
panda

Yes car light trends is the only place to get the 2nd gen flyaudio navigation. I was talking to David from car light trends and it turns out the he is FlyAudio's Florida sales rep, that is why he can get us the 2nd gen units.

I'm at work now and I'll be getting off later today, the weather here in Miami is non stop rain. Its been raining for the last four days, I'm going to have to use a friends garage to do the install. I need to get this in today because I'm taking the wife and the little ones up to Orlando for a couple of days.

So this road trip will be a good way to test it out.
If you're heading up to orlando let me know!!! I'd like to check it out in person if you don't mind
Old 07-09-11, 08:51 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

waiting for review
Old 07-10-11, 06:43 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

OK here'a my initial review on FlyAudio's second generation navigation unit for the Lexus IS250/350.

I got home work yesterday, and rush over to a friends house that has a garage. The install was straight forward pretty easy I would say, mind you that I was rushing so I have to mount the gps antenna in a better place(its just sitting on the dash for now) and hookup the back-up camera.

The fam and I drove up from Miami to Orlando last night, and I played two movies on the way up. The resolution is extremely good, and the sound is really good also. When I got into Orlando I switched back to the navigation and it worked perfectly! From reading other post and going on line I'm going to look into getting GO8, but don't misunderstand me the navigation software worked perfectly. I just think that it cool that with FlyAudio you have the option of running other navigation software.

Paring my original classic iPhone(yeah don't laugh I got it on launch day back in 06) was easy and fast, the bluetooth is really strong I noticed that I picks up my phone even from 6-10 feet from my car! Sound quality is very good when talking to someone, and calling is straight forward and easy. It has your phone contacts, and sim contacts button as well.

I have to be honest I'm extremely happy with the fit and finish it looks exactly like my oem radio, its funny when I got back home from installing it my wife came outside to look at (from packing for the trip) and the first thing that she said was "what happened why didn't you install it" not realizing that she was looking at the new FlyAudio unit! I don't know how they "FlyAudio" did it but when you place the OEM radio you can not tell the difference in color, color finish its just perfect! The a/c controls are built into the interface and work perfectly, do only thing that I noticed is that its in celsius but other than that is just perfect I could not be happier with my new navigation from FlyAudio. Man even the way the LED color matches exactly to my dash is amazing, I have to give them credit!

Well I've got to go, the wife and kids are rushing me to get over to the Magic Kingdom. I'll have the wife drive down and I'll play around with it on the way back to Miami. For all of you that are looking to get this for your Lexus I would say go for it, it works and it works well it looks perfect and the performance is great. In other words it works like it should and I could not be happier!
Old 07-10-11, 09:45 AM
n8236
Pole Position

I will start with a few of the million dollar questions.

1. Does your stock digital clock function?

2. Have you gotten any seat belt or SRS related lights?

3. Can you explain more about the contact list / address book function? Does it scan through your phone and grab the entire thing? When a recognized caller calls you, does the system say its name?

4. Have you driven on city/highway roads to test the Bluetooth reception and call quality both ways? How was it?

5. Have you found any bugs or stuff you didn't like, thus far

6. Do you know, off the top of your head, what added features this one has over the first generation?

Old 07-10-11, 10:13 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

most important is the clock and Bluetooth function :P

and whether or not they coded the phone pick up with the steering wheel button
Old 07-10-11, 01:50 PM
texas02118
Driver

People need to get over that green ugly clock that comes stock with the car. I have the older version of the flyaudio unit and I am just glad that I don't have that 1980's toyota clock showing. Also, the bluetooth option with my flyaudio unit works flawlessly everytime I get in my car.

The only thing I want to know is if the new system has a phone book and if it has real time traffic info.

Also, does the FM station you are playing display at the top of the screen constantly? This is one of the worst bugs I have found with the older version.

Btw, congrats on your new navigation system!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350