Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-11, 09:46 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Kj....looks good. I'm jealous now!! Only thing is I chanced all my led's to white on my unit. Congrats. How hou like the camera and view?
Old 07-30-11, 09:50 PM
kjpadilla8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man! The camera is very clear and helps out alot. Very clear view at night as well. I ended up buying a camera from securitycamera2000.com (I think that's the domain name). It looks nice and low-pro on the car.
Old 07-30-11, 09:58 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Yup, that's the same one I got. Looks OEM and does loom good at night.
Old 07-31-11, 08:43 AM
baypistol
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice!
Old 07-31-11, 09:53 AM
str8hust1a
Pole Position

was gonna grab a regular navi system at futreshop that could be around 200 bucks but just flyin thru these forums and came across this. is the price for this still 1999 or has it dropped? any more in stock for 06 is350? thanks. and how much would installation cost?
Old 07-31-11, 10:40 AM
DenIS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kjpadilla8
It's been more than 24 hours since I've owned this 2nd gen unit and I'm very impressed with it. Everything seems pretty fast on loading, but I never played with a 1st gen unit so I have nothing to compare this to. I'm loving the iPod playlist feature and the bluetooth functionality. I had the installer put the bluetooth microphone in the OEM location and so far everyone I've called said it's very clear. The installer also put the GPS antenna under the dash and it's still getting signal, so it's hidden. The installer also tested the iPod functionality with his iPhone4 and it works pretty well. The out-of-the-box GPS software is pretty intuitive but has kind of a Windows XP feel (yes I know it's Windows CE based). I've been tinkering all day trying to get the iGo Primo to work with it but so far no luck, but I think it's just me downloading the wrong software or using the wrong options in the configs ( If anyone wants to help out I'd gladly appreciate it! ).

David from CLT has been helpful yesterday and today in guiding me through the initial setup and answering questions over the phone right after I send him an email, like changing the temperature from celsius to farenheit and pairing the bluetooth to have my contacts show up, even down to the wiring of this unit. He knows this thing inside & out and quick to respond, so I give him a lot of credit.

I put up two videos of the different menus and other features. The second video goes through the iPod playlist functionality, which I accidently left out on the first one. I hope this helps everyone who plan on buying this unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR5XMzjejE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8Dkb3NRAQ
thanks for the review and videos. unit looks great. where does the rear camera go? and is there any drilling needed?
Old 07-31-11, 11:56 AM
lexudv
Pole Position

Nice kjpadilla8!

Any issues with temperature accuracy? Loading issues? It would be great to see the mp3 interface, is it the same as the ipod interface where you can search? Is the radio reception good? I've heard that flyaudio units sometimes have weak radio receivers. Any other issues that you see?

Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited by lexudv; 07-31-11 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-31-11, 03:16 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Noticed you got the flyaudio startup logo. You're still able to change that to the Lexus logo, right?

Did I hear two short beeps when the unit was starting up? Is that from the unit?
Old 08-01-11, 12:10 AM
kjpadilla8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexudv
Nice kjpadilla8!

Any issues with temperature accuracy? Loading issues? It would be great to see the mp3 interface, is it the same as the ipod interface where you can search? Is the radio reception good? I've heard that flyaudio units sometimes have weak radio receivers. Any other issues that you see?

Sorry for all the questions!
No loading issues for me. I've been trying to get this thing to crash but I haven't succeeded yet, I'm just the type of person who likes to try to make software crash. I haven't tested out the MP3 interface except for the iPod yet. I haven't listened to the radio much ever since I got this so I haven't really noticed anything. At this point it got me using my iPod again and glad I'm not flipping into a radio station playing Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber :P.

Last edited by kjpadilla8; 08-01-11 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-01-11, 12:12 AM
kjpadilla8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Noticed you got the flyaudio startup logo. You're still able to change that to the Lexus logo, right?

Did I hear two short beeps when the unit was starting up? Is that from the unit?
I was told that you aren't able to change the logo anymore. I tried going into the setup and holding the gear thing for 8 seconds, but no dice. I kinda like the red FlyAudio logo, so I don't really mind.

The two short beeps is my radar detector.
Old 08-01-11, 01:26 AM
giangy11
Driver School Candidate

it would be great if someone could take the second generation firmware and put it on first generation hardware.

i think it's fully compatible, and could resolve bluetooth and ipod bugs of first version!
Old 08-01-11, 02:04 AM
kjpadilla8
Driver School Candidate

Finally got the iGo working... just had to change the baud port and speed
Old 08-01-11, 03:52 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Finally got the iGo working... just had to change the baud port and speed
When you get a chance, can you post a video of the iGo maps? I want to see what the rave is about. Thanks.
Old 08-01-11, 09:49 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

All PMs answered
Old 08-02-11, 07:00 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was told that you aren't able to change the logo anymore. I tried going into the setup and holding the gear thing for 8 seconds, but no dice. I kinda like the red FlyAudio logo, so I don't really mind.

The two short beeps is my radar detector.
Hopefully this will work on yours as it did on mine. I was told the feature was disabled but I got it to work with the method below after playing with my unit for some time.

Main menu >>> set up>>> once on that screen tap and hold on the gear next to "set up" for 8 seconds>>> depress and push the menu button. The Lexus log is on the 3rd page if i remember correctly.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350