IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Which one would you guys pick on a silver 2is?
Work Schwert SC1 BP with blue center cap
76.74%
F-Sport with the blue F sport center cap
23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Work VS F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-09, 01:20 PM
dsm3FIDDY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SC1's ! anyone selling a set of 19's?
Old 11-25-09, 04:54 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by primecut
Works! But who makes the F-sport wheels for Lexus?
Five Axis designed the wheels for F-Sport. I'm not sure who manufactures them, but they are made in the US.

Originally Posted by dappy
I believe BBS makes them.
That's true for the factory wheels on the ISF and LFA only.
Old 11-25-09, 05:38 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
wheels are accessories. certainly necessary, but you can take a set of wheels off and put on another set. as such, they're "interchangeable" given the same bolt pattern and specs - thus, they're "accessories". being that, they have to match what "style" you're going for. otherwise, you'll have a clash of styles, and something will simply look out of place.

the work wheels are more classy and would look out of place on a plain-jane 2is. on the other hand, the f-sport wheels look more sporty and would not look out of place on a plain-jane 2is. that, and if you're looking to outfit your car with the entire f-sport catalog, going with the f-sport wheels would make more sense.

if you're considering the work wheels, i hope you have more planned for your 2is than an f-sport intake and a bunch of f-sport badges. otherwise, it'll simply look out of place. btw, when i use the word "planned", i mean realistically planned, not just "i want this and that" planned.

mind you (and everyone else), the work wheels are very nice and classy, but if you don't get what i'm saying take look @ dappy's pic of SeOuLiS250's 2is. that's no plain-jane 2is if you ask me. now, take those rims and slap them on a stock 2is, and imagine what they would look like.

/opinion

yeah i actually do have a plan, instead of just an intake and few badges. so,far purchased the wald rear lip and quad exhaust. thank you so much kenny for hooking me up! right now thinking about getting bigger rims, paint brakes, change rotors when have to change brake pads. and the rest of the plan will have to wait until i come up with more cash...

i don't plan on dropping my car anytime soon, due to i kept scratching the bottom of my car on my OEM 18", guess i have to be more careful before i can drop...

i saw SeOuLiS250's 2is manytimes before, as a matter of fact thats where i first saw the Work Schwert SC1 from, but that was when i was still really into F-sport rims. i just wanted to see how the Work Sc1 would look on a silver 2is right now. Can anybody do a photoshop for me?

thank you guys for uploading all those F-sport wheel pictures just to show me how they look like. i have to say i am really digging the blue F sport caps over the white ones, i think the white caps look ugly now...

Can anybody please chop these?

and put them onto this?

Last edited by someboy; 11-25-09 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-25-09, 08:43 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

you know it is not like i didn't try to do it in my head, i tried man. maybe i am dumb, but in my head it is just blurry. so i would like to see a picture of it, i mean if anybody is nice enough to help me with it.
Old 11-25-09, 08:48 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Uhg, is your TP that much different then the the light colored white you have picture above? I mean really, is it THAT mucha-difference?

No. Its not.

IMO, you SHOULD be able to picture those wheels on your car, if not then you really need all of us to hold your hand in each individual decision you make.

Listen son, get the SC1's as much as the Works 3 month wait sucks, otherwise you'll end up like this guy: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...and-locks.html
Old 11-25-09, 10:56 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll hold your hand for this one lol.

they look more like 20's tho ROFL

Last edited by k4fu; 11-25-09 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-26-09, 01:07 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

thank you so much for the photoshop!
Old 11-26-09, 01:48 AM
k4fu
Lead Lap

no problem. and i realized the chopped rear is running a flat LOL.

if ya got the wald rear and exhaust, i assume you're gonna go full wald? might as well save up for the sc1's as the fport wheels would not go well with the wald kit imo
Old 11-26-09, 09:07 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i'm gonna go against the grain (again) and say you need a set of volks.

and that wald bumper with the rest of your stock 2is...

to each his own.
Old 11-26-09, 02:17 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

well you know the economy is not good, and i lost a lot of money recently... so gotta do things 1 step at a time. got any pix of the volks you suggested? name of the volks plz?

no problem. and i realized the chopped rear is running a flat LOL.

if ya got the wald rear and exhaust, i assume you're gonna go full wald? might as well save up for the sc1's as the fport wheels would not go well with the wald kit imo
aww i was thinking about keeping my plan somewhat a secret until i got all of the mods... anyways i am thinking artisan spirit front, wald side, wald rear. might look kind of weird...but iono, i really like the front of the artisan spirit.

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
look wise,,Work SC1 hands down for sure (I'm little biased..lol)
BUT, like projectdna mentioned,
it will look out of place if you don't have other necessary accessories to compliment the rims
just dropping the car on the SC1s with stock bodykit will make it look little off IMO
if you plan to get bodykits and stuff, then definitely go with SC1
if you want to keep the stock bodykit or even add GFX, then I'll go with F-Sport

but I thought you already bought the bodykits
yeah thanks for hooking me up, still waiting for the exhaust right now. i guess i wouldn't mind having the SC1 and have my car look a lil weird for now. hey just wondering what tires do you have? i was thinking about michelin pilot ps2, but a set is going to be out of my budget...

Last edited by someboy; 11-26-09 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-26-09, 03:05 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Toyo Proxy 4
225/35 and 255/35
Old 11-26-09, 04:57 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by someboy
got any pix of the volks you suggested? name of the volks plz?
here's the official US distributor of Volk Racing wheels:

http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/rays/volk.html

you'll be able to find many models of Volk Racing wheels (TE's, CE's, etc.).

there's also the "official Volk Racing owner's thread" where you can find 2is's w/ Volks so you can see what other 2is owners are running without having to use your imagination:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rs-thread.html
Old 11-26-09, 06:28 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

i like the Volk CE28N in Titanium Gunmetal myself =)
Old 11-26-09, 07:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Someone please slap me if I start asking dumb questions.
Old 11-27-09, 09:37 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

There's an awful lot of "experts" in here posting smart-aleck comments and not willing to help. All of us were newbs at one point, and it sure doesn't convey what this forum is about when these type of posts litter a perfectly innocent thread from a new member asking for help. If you're not here to help, you're more than welcome to take your "expertise" elsewhere to other forums where that type of behavior is condoned.
Originally Posted by dappy
I believe BBS makes them.
BBS does NOT make the F-Sport wheels. The F-Sport wheels are private labeled for Lexus out of Taiwan, as evidenced by the "Made in Taiwan" stamp on the inside of the wheel.

Javier

Quick Reply: Work VS F-sport