IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ah, the Stealers (I mean Dealers)...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-09, 11:38 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
just playing the part of the devil's advocate, but maybe they really didn't know. not all service advisors have the same knowledge - even though many of us (and myself at one point in time) assume them to have it.
If only they had some kind of way to look up that Information when I customer brings it up, I dunno, some kind of... System... maybe even from Toyota...

They could call it TIS!

Oh, wait, they've had one for years.
Old 12-07-09, 02:37 AM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lexus of bellevue did it for me NO PROBLEMS...maybe just a dumb adviser, just go to another one there
Old 12-07-09, 08:16 AM
Torched
Driver School Candidate

Did anyone have the brakes changed to the new less dust shoes. My dealer said the new ones squeak real bad and said they change them if I wanted. Seemed like not much of a choice at time dust or noise. Let us all know how the new brakes work out.
Old 12-07-09, 09:15 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Torched
Did anyone have the brakes changed to the new less dust shoes. My dealer said the new ones squeak real bad and said they change them if I wanted. Seemed like not much of a choice at time dust or noise. Let us all know how the new brakes work out.
If they squeak they installed them wrong.
Old 12-07-09, 09:26 AM
P34R1
Rookie

^^absolutely. i'll be taking my car to my dealer soon about reduced brake dust brakes. hope i dont have to pull the tsib out, but i'll b in the glove box just in case
Old 12-07-09, 09:58 AM
penone
Driver

hey p34r1 - which dealer do you go to? the one i went to was lexus queens and they were no help.

-P.
Old 12-07-09, 10:11 AM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am gonna be honest here.... I doubt I will buy another Lexus as the cars are excellent but the Dealers are not.....

When there is a Bulletin out on the brakes and it is a hit or miss with the Dealer willing to fix the issue, that says very little about the Customer service. And I thought Harley was bad...
Old 12-07-09, 10:40 AM
IShokie
Driver School Candidate

I got my break pads replaced about six months ago. I have a 2008, after about a month of driving my breaks started to sqeek and i was really annoyed with the break dust. I took it to my service adviser explained to him that my breaks should not be sqeeking (since it was a brand new car) and asked if he could do something about the break dust. He got me low break dust pads and no sqeeking, all under warranty!

regardless, not all stealerships are bad!
Old 12-07-09, 10:41 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98023IS250
I am gonna be honest here.... I doubt I will buy another Lexus as the cars are excellent but the Dealers are not.....

When there is a Bulletin out on the brakes and it is a hit or miss with the Dealer willing to fix the issue, that says very little about the Customer service. And I thought Harley was bad...
so, because of one person jerking you around, you don't like the whole brand? that's pretty lame.

just find another dealer where there's no idiots. pretty much every brand will have morons, but i think lexus has less than most brands.

go in the pacific section of the forum and ask the washington guys which dealer they go to.
Old 12-07-09, 11:14 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

maybe i too should exercise my sense of entitlement as a 2is owner?

we're talking about brake dust, not some possibly catastrophic recall. but seeing as to how you've already formulated your own opinion, enjoy your 2is ownership experience and your stay here.
Old 12-07-09, 11:31 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jetfire
just find another dealer where there's no idiots. pretty much every brand will have morons, but i think lexus has less than most brands.

It's not like the typical dealer for any other brand is gonna be any better

Mostly it's people who got about 9 minutes of training, kinda vaguely glanced at the brochure for what they're selling or supporting, and figures most customers will be even dumber and just take their word for everything.
Old 12-07-09, 12:04 PM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetfire
so, because of one person jerking you around, you don't like the whole brand? that's pretty lame.

go in the pacific section of the forum and ask the washington guys which dealer they go to.
if you read through and I am sure there are more, I am not the only being jerked around by the Dealer about this issue.
Old 12-07-09, 03:38 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people at dealerships suck in general. i've never had a good experience. the vocation attracts the highly incompetent (minus the managers, they're there for a reason).
Old 12-09-09, 08:28 AM
LexusRuss
Pole Position

You guys get waaaaay too caught up at dealerships. The way to deal with a dealership is simple. Be polite, be stern and when you know you're right, ask to speak to the General Manager. That's where the buck stops.

Salesman, service advisors etc are all commission based so their job is to make money. Don't waste your time with them if they play dumb, try to tell you bs or simply have no clue.

The GM is ALWAYS the route to take for a quick and correct resolution.
Old 12-09-09, 08:41 AM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

My dealer changed mines no hassle no charge..just find a different dealer

Quick Reply: Ah, the Stealers (I mean Dealers)...