IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Beware of Valet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-09 | 12:59 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

its partly valet's fault that my wheels are hard to sell now...
Old 12-11-09 | 02:10 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SoCal35
I guess if you really wanted you could go this route. Personally, I'd save myself the headache (especially if the valet doesn't wanna take responsibility).

If the valet doesn't wanna own up to it I'd make a complaint to the valet's manager/owner and if that doesn't work, I'd just suck it up save some money and pay for the repair.
i disagree with the sucking it up part. no way should you ever lay down and get f'd right in the **** like that. it's the valet's is responsible for the damages he's done onto the wheels. if the valet doesn't own up, he's just being an arsehole. yes, go make a complaint to the manager or whoevers in charge, and tell them about their irresponsible valet. if they give you (OP) the cold shoulder, send that letter.
Old 12-11-09 | 02:58 PM
cjlazar84
Pole Position

as far as legal action, i kinda screwed myself. My lexus is my baby and just like my gf if anyone messes with her i get really expressive. I already had a deathly screaming match with the manager. The dude had short mans syndrome. Not like i helped matters, i just get protective and i believe that integrity is everything. So o well.... I was thinking about getting some Works rims anyhow. They are better then the ones i have now. Well i learned my lesson the hard way. thanks for the words of wisdom.

Lazar
Old 12-11-09 | 03:42 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by redline201
when i valet i tip him in advance and tell him to watch the wheels. i know when it comes out of my mouth i sound like a tool bag. but i try to say it as polite and non douche sounding as i can.
That's a actually a great idea. I wonder though if it's usually the same guy who pics up the car when you leave four hours later.
Also, sometimes when I'm late to an engagement or club, circling around for a spot can take up way too much time. While I prefer to park my own car, sometimes you're in a bind and have little choice. This is especially true in Hollywood.
Old 12-11-09 | 04:35 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

sorry about that man, but thats why i choose my own parking spot. goodluck with finding your works bud
Old 12-11-09 | 11:49 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cjlazar84
as far as legal action, i kinda screwed myself. My lexus is my baby and just like my gf if anyone messes with her i get really expressive. I already had a deathly screaming match with the manager. The dude had short mans syndrome. Not like i helped matters, i just get protective and i believe that integrity is everything. So o well.... I was thinking about getting some Works rims anyhow. They are better then the ones i have now. Well i learned my lesson the hard way. thanks for the words of wisdom.

Lazar
that doesn't change anything. they are still liable for any damages done to your car. whoever hired the valet company (hotel, restaurant, etc.) will put pressure on the valet company if they received a complaint like that (if they care about customer service). talk to a manager at whatever establishment you were at. if that doesn't work, THEN get someone to send a letter out.

the letter is usually enough to scare them. but if it doesn't, go to small claims court. pretty easy to do.