IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Alarm system needed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-09, 02:22 PM
Scotty
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 8 Posts

Well besides getting a gun, the Viper 5901 is an excellent alarm/remote start with 2-way paging capabilities. It also has very good range and the 2-way capability has saved me from having to pay for some door dings in the past.

You can also add the Viper SmartStart VSM100 unit for iPhone control of the locks, remote start, trunk release, and panic. In the near future the SmartStart will also have 2-way capability with the iPhone for alarm notification from anywhere.

That all would be a pretty high end setup, but is worth it in my opinion especially in an area prone to crime.
Old 12-14-09, 02:49 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how the hell is this alarm going to deter someone who already isn't afraid of breaking into cars equipped alarms?

unless this alarm system has a flame thrower, don't waste your money.
Old 12-14-09, 02:58 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Yooni, these groups of people are preying on us. Let me clarify, the area that I live in is montgomery country. This county is one of the most richest county in the state. These events occured not on my house, but at my parents buisness which is located in the city (Kiladelphia). The buisness is barricaded with barb wire fences, but sometimes when we park our cars, I dunno how these monkies climb over the fence but eventually climb over the barb wire fence and try to jack our rims on our Lexus's! All of these events occured at the city, not at my neighhborhood lol. I don't think I should use guns to settle these problems, I don't want to be labeled as the next " V TECH shooter" in my county. Like I said, I should invest in buying some cats in the car for security =D. But anywhoo, thanks guys for the comments and feedbacks. Seems like the only alarm system available from the isx50's are guns xD
Old 12-14-09, 02:59 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scotty6486
Well besides getting a gun, the Viper 5901 is an excellent alarm/remote start with 2-way paging capabilities. It also has very good range and the 2-way capability has saved me from having to pay for some door dings in the past.

You can also add the Viper SmartStart VSM100 unit for iPhone control of the locks, remote start, trunk release, and panic. In the near future the SmartStart will also have 2-way capability with the iPhone for alarm notification from anywhere.

That all would be a pretty high end setup, but is worth it in my opinion especially in an area prone to crime.
Thanks Scotty! I will look into that.
Old 12-14-09, 04:24 PM
simple
Pole Position

Viper 5902, a 12 gauge, and one or two of these-

HAHAHA...
Attached Thumbnails Alarm system needed!-dog.jpg  
Old 12-14-09, 10:24 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

i got amtrix 12.5 installed in my car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PMI8ZQpwQ
Old 12-14-09, 10:54 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shui3000
how the hell is this alarm going to deter someone who already isn't afraid of breaking into cars equipped alarms?

unless this alarm system has a flame thrower, don't waste your money.
Your right, it doesn't deter them but it alerts you when your alarm goes off. I have a Viper 5901 installed on my IS350 few months ago. It has saved me from getting my window broken into a few times. Few weeks ago I saw some *thug/gangsta* peeking inside my window since it has tint to see what I got. (My 9500i inside) Luckily, I have proximity and it made a loud beep which alerted when I was inside my friends house. I immediately press the siren button on my alarm and scared him off.

Also, nice sound system you got there Lexusis. What kind of subs are those?
Old 12-14-09, 10:59 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Your right, it doesn't deter them but it alerts you when your alarm goes off. I have a Viper 5901 installed on my IS350 few months ago. It has saved me from getting my window broken into a few times. Few weeks ago I saw some *thug/gangsta* peeking inside my window since it has tint to see what I got. (My 9500i inside) Luckily, I have proximity and it made a loud beep which alerted when I was inside my friends house. I immediately press the siren button on my alarm and scared him off.

Also, nice sound system you got there Lexusis. What kind of subs are those?
Thanks. i should have chosen a better Screen name for CL lol, but there called AlumaPro BP-12" Car Subwoofer. Not really a well-known brand, but they hit hard and clear bass wise. I couldn't resist them when i saw them at one of my friends sound shop.
Old 12-15-09, 10:39 AM
outlaws
Rookie

This is what you need bro

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDrzMGdYWZc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDrzMGdYWZc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 12-15-09, 03:18 PM
Honorebel
Driver

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
Yes Yooni, these groups of people are preying on us. Let me clarify, the area that I live in is montgomery country. This county is one of the most richest county in the state. These events occured not on my house, but at my parents buisness which is located in the city (Kiladelphia). The buisness is barricaded with barb wire fences, but sometimes when we park our cars, I dunno how these monkies climb over the fence but eventually climb over the barb wire fence and try to jack our rims on our Lexus's! All of these events occured at the city, not at my neighhborhood lol. I don't think I should use guns to settle these problems, I don't want to be labeled as the next " V TECH shooter" in my county. Like I said, I should invest in buying some cats in the car for security =D. But anywhoo, thanks guys for the comments and feedbacks. Seems like the only alarm system available from the isx50's are guns xD
For someone who claims to not be a racist that "these monkies" statement was pretty racist.....
Old 12-15-09, 03:46 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ +1.

to the OP, just a few pieces of advice:

1. don't leave any valuables in the car, PERIOD. locking it up in the glove compartment or leaving it in a secure location (the trunk isn't, fyi) or out of sight sometimes work, but if car thieves want to break into your car, they will do so without your invitation.
2. park in a secure area where the car will not be easily accessible. if you have to park on the street, make sure you have some preventive measures to prevent the car from being stolen (i.e. steering wheel club, gas pedal lock, etc.).
3. drive a less eye-catching car. if that means something pre-owned and and obviously used condition, so be it.
Old 12-15-09, 07:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Honorebel
For someone who claims to not be a racist that "these monkies" statement was pretty racist.....
Agreed, VERY inappropriate. Even for the original post crime is crime, no matter the color of the skin of the person who is the criminal.

Thank you to members who reported it. This thread is closed, please don't make similar comments again on our forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_membership
Membership
Only one Club Lexus account is allowed per person. We reserve the right to delete any membership without prior warning. You agree, through the Terms of Service, that you will not use Club Lexus to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory of any kind, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, racial, stereotypical, sexist remarks threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violation of any law.

Members can have their access removed from Club Lexus either temporarily or permanently for violating forum rules or Terms of Service. Moderators generally will provide private and/or public warnings before taking this action, but should the member continue to violate forum rules access will be removed without warning or notification.