PLEASE HELP! HID ???s

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-09, 10:52 PM
DJSirkit13
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PLEASE HELP! HID ???s

well I have a H11 HID kit for my lo beams from mobilehid.com love them,
but i need a kit for my fogs i tried to order a kit from mobilehid again, but for some reason their website but it seems as if they don't sell 9006 kits anymore or any kits for cars. anyone know whats going at mobilehid?

Since i can't get one from mobilehid I am thinking about going with DDM tunings slim ballast 35W hid kit anyone have any experience with their kits.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=101&parent=85

For the ppl with Hids in their fogs did you use a wire harness? I did for my low beams but don't knw if i need one for my fogs.

Last How do i take the bumper off to get to the fogs. i have seen the thread on here on how to get the bumper of but the pic only points to a few screws on top and then says there are 10 more 10mm bolts underneath. Where underneath like all the way at the bottom are they talking about the bolts that connect the splash guard to the bumper.

If anyone has some pics it would be appreciated

Thankyou in advance looking to have this done before it gets too cold which leaves me a short window here of about a 4 days so a quick response would be great.

Thankyo once again

Last edited by DJSirkit13; 12-14-09 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-14-09, 11:19 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got DDM slim ballasts in my car and they're awesome! Can't beat the lifetime warranty. There's some other people on this forum with them. They have the non-slim ballasts for super cheap now, and they're still lifetime warrantied.

Dude, you don't need a harness. It's only 35watts and the amp draw isn't that high.

If you google ddm hid review, you'll find it used a lot in lotus elise, civic, and subaru forums. All positive reviews. I did my research before I bought them.
Old 12-14-09, 11:23 PM
DJSirkit13
Driver

Originally Posted by shui3000
I've got DDM slim ballasts in my car and they're awesome! Can't beat the lifetime warranty. There's some other people on this forum with them. They have the non-slim ballasts for super cheap now, and they're still lifetime warrantied.

Dude, you don't need a harness. It's only 35watts and the amp draw isn't that high.

If you google ddm hid review, you'll find it used a lot in lotus elise, civic, and subaru forums. All positive reviews. I did my research before I bought them.
Thats good to hear im always scared to buy some products that are priced real low. due to bad experience in the past.
How did you install your kit and where did you mount the ballast?
Old 12-14-09, 11:48 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

i only have the lowbeams installed. the fogs will be my next project.

if you're asking about how i did my lowbeams, i followed the install guides and mounted them wherever it would fit and not not pull on the wires.

i'm gonna install the foglights via the wheel well. seems like less of a hassle instead of taking off the bumper. just ziptie or double side tape the ballast to wherever it'll fit without pulling on the wires.
Old 12-15-09, 01:35 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shui3000

it's not about overloading on the amps, it's more to do with keeping the power supply a consistent voltage so that the bulbs don't flicker and shorten the life on the bulbs.

i was browsing mobilehid a short while ago. and yeah, don't know why they stopped selling HID for cars.
Old 12-15-09, 02:13 AM
shui3000
Pole Position

HID ballasts will automatically adjust their operating voltage depending on the voltage level on their input. Even if the voltage were to dip a full volt or two at the input, they compensate for it. So the lower voltage drop benefit is nil. So the actual concern IS current draw, BUT:

The instantaneous power burst at startup is not sufficiently long enough to actually heat the wiring enough to hurt it. Besides, there's a fuse there for a reason. If the wiring were truly being overloaded, you'd be popping fuses all the time.

Long story short... If it really makes you feel that much more comfortable to add a relay to trigger your HIDs, then go for it. It certainly won't HURT anything. But in the interest of ease of installation, and keeping the engine bay clear of unnecessary wiring, you can get away without installing one.
Old 12-15-09, 02:42 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

I did not install a relay harness on my fogs, just to keep things cleaner, though I have one on my headlights

I run two 55w ddm ballasts and two 35w ddm ballasts down low. In roughly 9 months I've had one ballast not fire once for a brief period

Overall, i recommend them.
Old 12-16-09, 01:58 PM
phil9892
Driver

I didn't use a wire harness on my fogs HIDs either,but I got mines from HIDextra . Also, there's a youtube video on how to remove the bumper, hope that helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebp0Os7K1vM
Old 12-16-09, 04:07 PM
DJSirkit13
Driver

thnx for the video link and the input ordered the 35w 9006 6k hids frm ddm
Old 12-16-09, 04:23 PM
dsm3FIDDY
Driver

DDM kit for my lows and fogs on my IS. Also got a kit on my GSXR600, i like 'em.