IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I love my IS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-09, 02:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BballMike
I know this is a lame topic, but I just wanted to post how much I love my car. I get compliments from everyone I know, and as much as I find myself surfing M3 forums and dreaming about my next car, at the end of the day I couldn't be happier with my choice. Sure, there are a few little cracking noises and maybe even a squeak, but compared to the major engine/electrical problems that the competition is plagued with, this car has been perfect and lived up to the reputation. I can't even complain about the 6MT - it has taken some time to get used to, and I am still excited about getting some F sport mods to make it better, but as it stands, I think we all are lucky to have such a well-rounded automobile. Thanks for reading, and I hope this encourages anyone on the fence to consider an IS and I look forward to hearing other positive thoughts from owners. Sorry this is a little long - I was just feeling extra happy today.

Thanks for reading!
That's really nice. I feel the same way about my car, and feel lucky for having such an awesome vehicle.
Old 12-16-09, 02:24 PM
hybridanim
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BballMike
X-package was sandwiched between the leather/moonroof package and the sports package. You get the sport suspension, unique 18" rims, the adaptive headlights and illuminated door sills. The sport adds cooled seats, power steering wheel and it's own set of 18" rims. Drive-wise they should be the same...X-package is just not quite fully-loaded. Did I miss anything?
thanks man!! what package is the bumper sensor with the headlight wipers?
Old 12-16-09, 02:27 PM
Lambini
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice... I love my car also. The MT in the Isx fine, no grinds, noises, no jar of marbles,
I test drove an AWD is250 and I felt like it was lackiing power. But the 250 is MT is nice. Just enough power. )
Old 12-16-09, 02:36 PM
Needler56
Driver

i'm right there with you! if i don't drive it for a weekend for whatever reason it feels great driving it even on a monday morning! yes, i too dream about and see other cars on the road, but i'm completely happy with what i got
Old 12-16-09, 02:46 PM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mv350
what are you doin with your car^^^^
She is sleeping till sping... I got a couple new goodies coming tho
Old 12-16-09, 08:43 PM
kbkura
Driver

Originally Posted by kickin8
another 6MT owner!

get the F Sport Quick shifter.....a MUST have item!
STRONGLY 2nd that opinion... Quick shifter made a WORLD of difference! Totally worth it.

I also love my car, but I've been a little annoyed lately. Because of the crappy roads here in N.O., my camber has gone to crap and I get uneven tire-wear. My camber was off before, but even after I got it fixed (they actually put her up on some chassis-machine and pulled the camber back into alignment), the problem has somewhat returned after I got my F-Sports on Hankooks (I assume partially because of potholes and partially because of wear because I'm rubbing MASSIVELY on the driver front tire - a very unexpected thing... I promise I'm not really fat!). I've never had this kind of problem before with other cars and I've driven on similar roads my whole driving life.

Anyway, in the long run, it's a small problem and I still enjoy my car everyday. Good to hear your awesome experience!
Old 12-16-09, 09:07 PM
Doushiyou
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kickin8
another 6MT owner!

get the F Sport Quick shifter.....a MUST have item!
isnt it a pain to install?
Old 12-16-09, 10:00 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I didn't realize how much I liked my car until I was away from it for 2.5 weeks. What a nice thing to return to!
Old 12-16-09, 10:12 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

^everytime im away for an extended period of time, the first thing i go see is my ride. what a wonderful feeling- not only to have it, but to admire it for its beauty!
Old 12-16-09, 10:27 PM
Bobby206
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice man, glad you love it.
Old 12-16-09, 11:20 PM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

I love my 2IS too man. Fell in love the first time I saw 2IS, never really thought one day I could own one. When I bought my 2IS last year, I couldnt believe I own one..and I still dont! Lol. Nothing can compare to 2IS..

Last edited by ijulmimi; 12-16-09 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-17-09, 12:06 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok... there is a major reason why my car is always clean, i dont drive my car car cept on fri *1mi round trip to the bank and back home*/sat to CL meets/sun only if theres a CL meet. YET i always wipe car before and after i drive cuz... the real reason... i smoke cigs outside of my house in my garage and im ALWAYS just staring at my car
Old 12-17-09, 12:27 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Old 12-17-09, 12:36 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Ok... there is a major reason why my car is always clean, i dont drive my car car cept on fri *1mi round trip to the bank and back home*/sat to CL meets/sun only if theres a CL meet. YET i always wipe car before and after i drive cuz... the real reason... i smoke cigs outside of my house in my garage and im ALWAYS just staring at my car
what's your DD
Old 12-17-09, 01:51 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
what's your DD
a '01 caravan when i need to drive that is, i work out of the house SMALL BUSINESS OWNER FTW!!!

Quick Reply: I love my IS!