IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Alignment Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-09, 03:15 PM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Help

Alright so i got my alignment today after i notice my steering wheel leaning a little to the left. after everything was done the service guy told me that they can't adjust my camper anymore cause its at the max and they can't adjust it anymore with the system they have. he then told me that with how it is right now i'll be experiencing faster wear on my tires. he then ask if i recently lower my car, i told him i did, and he told me that's probably the reason why. The thing is that this is the second alignment after i lower my car. the first time i did it they didn't say anything. here's the print out of my alignment.

i'm not to familiar with these stuff, please let if there is anything i should be worry about? thanks in advance
Old 12-16-09, 03:55 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There isn't an adjustment for camber at all on our vehicles, not in the front or in the back. The only adjustment angle that's possible is TOE at all four corners. The tires at the front of the ISX50's WILL naturally wear quicker on the insides quicker than the outside of the tread because of the suspension design. Lowering the vehicle will only make help this uneven treadwear process right along..but hey who am I to talk, I dropped my car about 2.5inches all around haha the price you pay for good looks I suppose..
Old 12-16-09, 11:41 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

For the rear, Megan Racing makes a rear camber kit. You can find them on eBay.
That way, you can correct the rear camber to factory specs to eliminate uneven wear due to negative camber.

For the front, you really don't have a choice. There is no camber adjustment kit available on the market as of now. Maybe in the future. Choice A is to buy new tires in front once the inner side of the tires were out. Choice B is to raise you car in front, which is possible for people with coilovers/adjustable suspension. Since you are lowered on springs with a somewhat aggressive drop on the TEIN S-techs, you will have your front tires worn out in about 20k (roughly a year depending on your mileage driven).
Unless you change to coilovers and will be able to raise the front a bit to your liking, you are pretty much stuck with negative camber wear in front.

However, it is known the camber is only the 2nd worst enemy for tire wear. Toe is the #1 cause of uneven tire wear. If that has been adjusted within the specs/range, then you have pretty much done all you can at this time.
Old 12-21-09, 07:03 AM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

thanks guys for all your help, i'll definitely look into the rear camber kit.