IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS F front bumper swap on a ISX50

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-09, 11:22 AM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need some very aggressive wheels, also, the big empty space beside the fog light, anyway you can fill them? i see is-c also has that empty space wonder what they are used for.
Old 12-26-09, 11:58 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Cool , you should throw on the IS-F side skirts and rear bumber and buy some IS-F badges and say it is an IS-F....
FUNNY!

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
doesnt look bad
but only because ISF looks nice

it's too aggressive for your setup IMO, and why not just get the F
Thats what he should do!

Originally Posted by rule1223
you need some very aggressive wheels, also, the big empty space beside the fog light, anyway you can fill them? i see is-c also has that empty space wonder what they are used for.
that empty space is for the air ducts to cool the brakes and engine.
Old 12-26-09, 11:59 AM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just like I post on another threads, too much empty space behind the bumper and next to the fog housing; and I would just get the IS-F rather than spending $$$$ to make it look like an IS-F, but to his/her own, and nice job done.
Old 12-26-09, 12:21 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this just mildly irritates me, and i'm sure other ISF owners. i would not even park next to this at a car meet. and i'm sure at least one d-bag will smoke you and think he beat an F.

this is no different from back when base eclipse/supra unimaginative owners where bolting on high spoilers and slapping on turbo decals then getting smoked left and right few years ago. why?
Old 12-26-09, 12:40 PM
Signal_jp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by malujerry
this just mildly irritates me, and i'm sure other ISF owners. i would not even park next to this at a car meet. and i'm sure at least one d-bag will smoke you and think he beat an F.

this is no different from back when base eclipse/supra unimaginative owners where bolting on high spoilers and slapping on turbo decals then getting smoked left and right few years ago. why?
i dont think he will be racing his IS. i can see where your coming from but its his car. i use to be apart of the tuner scene but no more. i got my lexus to slow down and look good while doing it.

i give him props for being the first to do it.
Old 12-26-09, 04:41 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rule1223
my wheels are for sale
Old 12-26-09, 07:54 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry
Dude, that's just harsh.

Anyway, putting an IS-F bumper on a car is no different than mustang owners putting roush/saleen/etc parts on their car.

Heck, what if LEXUS decided to offer an F package where you get the appearance without the drivetrain. No different than the M-style body kits that BMW does.

It's for VISUAL IMPROVEMENT only.....just like a wald kit or something else. Now, if he slaps F emblems all over the car and then claims it to be something that it's not, then that's another story.

to the OP: I think you're off to a good start, but you need to get the stance and wheels right so it doesn't look out of place (read: too aggressive right now)

Last edited by mikes rx; 12-26-09 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-26-09, 09:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx

Heck, what if LEXUS decided to offer an F package where you get the appearance without the drivetrain. No different than the M-style body kits that BMW does.
In Canada they do:

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience...ategory=option

Though it doesn't include the Fs bumpers, it does include the Fs grill among other things.

Lou
Old 12-26-09, 10:20 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

looks good man.
Old 12-27-09, 01:58 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

imo it looks pretty nice. i dont think hes trying to trick people into thinking his car as an IS F. and for all the people jumping to the conclusion that he just wasted money, what happens if he got into an accident and the insurance is going to cover it. why not get an ISF bumper? this is no different than the regular bmw guys getting M-style body kits. its just that the BMW guys do it alot more often than then us lexus guys.
Old 12-27-09, 02:21 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

At least we know it can be done! LOL

I don't think I would do this, cause my ISF buddies would clown on meh LOOLOL!
Old 12-27-09, 03:21 AM
LEXtegra
Driver

It's something different. Its kinda like when honda/acura guys do civic type-r and integra type-r conversions and still are running D16's and B18B's. Or Lancer's with Evo rear wing.Everybody is not gonna like it but as long as the OP likes it, that's all that should matter. Don't be "that guy", you know the one that see's somebody else' car on here or any other site and then goes and buys the EXACT same stuff. That's so not cool. You get an A for effort and a B for ballz in my book. You just gotta work on some of the other areas of the car ie. wheels and suspension. Everybody keeps saying why not just got an IS-F. I'm sure if it was a realistic option he would have. As would all the people that say that who don't have an IS-F.
Old 12-27-09, 06:16 AM
murrin95
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate all the positive feedback about the swap. I thought long and hard before i did this knowing it may offend ISF owners or others, but i wanted to do something different and body kits and lips i really couldn't make my mind up on so i did this. I use to have my own company and i built GM'S SEMA cars for years and once i stopped doing that i still had a "itch" to do something. I'm int the works with five axis rt now and plan to put the bronze wheel they used on there isf the built for lexus suspension i'm really torn about because i don't wanna sacrafice my ride quality, the wald rear is a strong possibillity for the rear but not sure if gonna do with the isf rear or my stock bumper. Steveo88 was the first to do the rear swap i did the front i didn't get into a accident i just went to my lexus dealer one day and looked up all the parts needed and decided im gonna try this. I spent like $1200 for all the parts and thats at employee price because i work for toyota then paint. As many people have different tastes and opinions on things i again appreciate all the positive feedback provided on this swap.
Old 12-27-09, 08:29 AM
MIA IS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not my taste but good job!
Old 12-27-09, 01:39 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

not again..

lol
jk