IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

06 IS250 vs 06 Accord V6

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-10, 12:28 AM
duyl27
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

already raced my friend... his 2 door accord smoked me!!! sadness o well i have a lexus... roll in style!!!
Old 01-08-10, 12:31 AM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duyl27
already raced my friend... his 2 door accord smoked me!!! sadness o well i have a lexus... roll in style!!!
Glad that you are all safe.
Old 01-08-10, 01:31 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

rent IS 350 with the same color of your car and change the badge and tell him that you'll only race for money. JUST KIDDING...he'll definitely smoke you...but i tell you this...ask him who gets more P....(if you know what i mean..) and see what he say...ahhh maybe he can't afford a lexus just like yours....GL
Old 01-08-10, 04:06 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
a drag strip will only solve the question of whose car is faster. allow me to suggest a more realistic competition: ask your friends whose car would they rather be driving/riding in.

end of competition, thanks for reading.
I couldn't have said it any better
who cares which car is faster?

can you say that your car (honda) is BETTER when you race and win against a Ferrari who is driven by a grandmother???
Old 01-08-10, 05:11 AM
SteveTango
Driver School Candidate

Nice post everyone - Thanks!

LOL Yeah I believe it is too much jealousy because every time we go out all my friends are always saying "bring the lexus! bring the lexus" even though we can't fit in it haha

For the question if I bought my car to race - Definitely not. I bought the car because my wife admires the IS Style and for me I believe our IS has magnetism and charm for the ladies LOL shh don't tell my wife. Even before buying my IS I've research it and our car has a good safety rating and I need that for my 2yr old daughter

I love how our acceleration "kicks in" you'll definitely feel the power of the lexus and the luxury of it, very smooth and the engine roars calmly <-if that make sense

I guess I need to get -just kidding- about that I know this is out of topic but could we simply install nos on our IS250?
Old 01-08-10, 08:14 AM
MJB_LEX
Rookie

As the owner of an 06 250AWD, I would say that if you want to go around racing people, then you bought the wrong car. I recommend the 2010 Audi S4 if you want to race people and need AWD. As others have pointed out, the IS350 is plenty quick if RWD meets your needs.

That having been said, the Lexus offers so much more than the Accord, I would choose it again over an Accord, even the current 270HP Accord. The IS250 great commuter car which is quiet at high speeds with a smooth ride, solid handling and great brakes, it's just at the bottom of the class when it comes to power/torque. It is also MUCH more technoglically advanced as it offers direct injection, a 6-speed automatic, keyless start, backup camera, heated AND cooled seats, etc. I'm not being a hater as Accords excellent cars, but totally different market and mission vs. the IS250. Also, I hate high powered front wheel drive cars, they are hard to drive smoothly and the front end plow in high speed corners is dangerous and annoying. So, even if the Accord is faster in a straight line, which I'm sure it is, I think overall the Lexus is a more enjoyable car to live with. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-08-10, 08:28 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just race him already! (ofcourse on a closed track) put just disconnect a couple of his plug wires first! u can win then! if not get the LFA!
Old 01-08-10, 09:18 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I heard around that the Accord V6 would beat an IS250 and I guess this topic confirms that for me...

Wow, I wouldn't like that guy as a friend. I really really don't like those kind of people!
Old 01-08-10, 10:57 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveTango
Nice post everyone - Thanks!

LOL Yeah I believe it is too much jealousy because every time we go out all my friends are always saying "bring the lexus! bring the lexus" even though we can't fit in it haha

For the question if I bought my car to race - Definitely not. I bought the car because my wife admires the IS Style and for me I believe our IS has magnetism and charm for the ladies LOL shh don't tell my wife. Even before buying my IS I've research it and our car has a good safety rating and I need that for my 2yr old daughter

I love how our acceleration "kicks in" you'll definitely feel the power of the lexus and the luxury of it, very smooth and the engine roars calmly <-if that make sense

I guess I need to get -just kidding- about that I know this is out of topic but could we simply install nos on our IS250?
you're a grown adult and you have a young daughter. even more of a reason to not race

the more you don't give into racing your "friend" the more choked he'll get. you can just smirk at him.
Old 01-08-10, 11:13 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its common sense now-a-days that Honda owners will hate on Lexus for some odd reason. Seems like you have class and smarter then your friend! Lets keep it that way and you already know whats up. So dont loose face and dont allow your friends ti feel better. Its not what you drive, its who you are in the long run. Make him curious and envy you, cause in the end you'll always be on top of your game.. lolz

Last edited by Phil888; 01-08-10 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-12-10, 02:12 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KAKA if you have an IS250 RWD then you'll get a chance to beat him....WAIT! everyone let me finish!........ Topspeed on accord 06 is 130mphs n topspeeds on IS250rwd is 140mph.. after you past 120..the damn accord will take long to get up to 130 to max out. You get your chance right there... KAKA Correct me if I'm wrong..Did research already V6acc top speeds 130mphs......DEPEND ON YOU GOT A GUT OR NOT!..........MInd as well get yourself a IS370???...kaka in next two years or IS350 now!...Don't think too much..your friend is stupid. He's just jealous cuz u got a nicer car...! BTW dont' race!
Old 01-12-10, 02:51 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

is250 is nice but good LORD its a turtle... its fast if u drive crazy like me! but its still slowww
Old 01-12-10, 02:54 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanV
KAKA if you have an IS250 RWD then you'll get a chance to beat him....WAIT! everyone let me finish!........ Topspeed on accord 06 is 130mphs n topspeeds on IS250rwd is 140mph.. after you past 120..the damn accord will take long to get up to 130 to max out. You get your chance right there... KAKA Correct me if I'm wrong..Did research already V6acc top speeds 130mphs......DEPEND ON YOU GOT A GUT OR NOT!..........MInd as well get yourself a IS370???...kaka in next two years or IS350 now!...Don't think too much..your friend is stupid. He's just jealous cuz u got a nicer car...! BTW dont' race!

lol que?
Old 01-12-10, 05:15 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Neither car is an ideal drag racer.

Just be glad you have a Lexus.
Old 01-12-10, 06:30 PM
GoGators
Rookie

I got my Lexus after a Jack@@$ ran a redlight and totaled my Honda. I luv my Lexus. Who cares what is faster? Its a Lexus. No more needs to be said. Lexus......everyone else.

Quick Reply: 06 IS250 vs 06 Accord V6