IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Wheels-----:)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-10, 07:50 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice wheels, looking forward to seeing them on the car.
Old 01-25-10, 08:58 AM
DasNutz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Nice wheels, looking forward to seeing them on the car.
thanks, I know I can't wait myself, will post picks as soon as they are on..
Old 01-25-10, 09:00 AM
DasNutz
Driver

Originally Posted by datplayaz
Good looking wheels, I'm a big fan of the TE look, i already went through 3 set for the IS already, you'll be able to fit the +20 all around without too much work, if you roll or shave the rear you might even be able to run a 245/35 in the rear.
Thank you sir I know I was gonna try to do the 245 but I think I will start off with the 235. WOW three sets Baller......
Old 01-25-10, 11:01 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DasNutz
I believe that +20 is do able with alittle work not impossible. I plan on rolling fenders front and back, actually I already started to do that. Gonna run some 225/35/19 and 235/35/19. I saw a person running a flat black IS with TE's with a +22 all around so what's 2mm and he had no probems so if he can do it I think I can too plus there are others in here running more aggressive set ups than this if anything +20 is conservative now. I will post pics as soon as I get them on. Thanks for all compliments guys.
ah i gotcha, you should shave the rear fenders at least. and yea i saw someone's matte black IS w/ gold TE37's +22 all around, same widths as us. but it popped out of the fender just a tad much for me, i want it straight flush, like perfectly w/ the fenders not sticking out a lil bit more. i'm just more conservative, since i don't want to be rubbing everywhere. i'll probably make the offsets +25 or +30 with spacers
Old 01-25-10, 11:17 AM
DasNutz
Driver

Originally Posted by xuningshen
ah i gotcha, you should shave the rear fenders at least. and yea i saw someone's matte black IS w/ gold TE37's +22 all around, same widths as us. but it popped out of the fender just a tad much for me, i want it straight flush, like perfectly w/ the fenders not sticking out a lil bit more. i'm just more conservative, since i don't want to be rubbing everywhere. i'll probably make the offsets +25 or +30 with spacers
That's cool, I've ran other wheels also and stuck spacers with it and had the flush with the fenders look already, I guess I want a new look to it now. the set up you are going for will look good as well guaranted.
Old 01-26-10, 07:49 AM
LilMan23
Lead Lap

post up some pics soon! cant wait to see what ur car will look like with them new wheels on =]
Old 01-26-10, 09:06 AM
DasNutz
Driver

Originally Posted by LilMan23
post up some pics soon! cant wait to see what ur car will look like with them new wheels on =]
your tellin me, I'm trying to look for some deals on tires right now. Can't wait also..will post up some pics soon as I can.
Old 01-26-10, 09:58 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

^^ how come you didn't go thru JBL motorsports? they gave a good deal on tires and mounting/balancing. etc
Old 01-26-10, 11:00 AM
DasNutz
Driver

Originally Posted by xuningshen
^^ how come you didn't go thru JBL motorsports? they gave a good deal on tires and mounting/balancing. etc
did not have enough cash to do it so I am trying to find some used ones right now or just wait and save up..
Old 01-26-10, 11:02 AM
DasNutz
Driver

here's a couple of pics of the fronts mounted on. I did it this morning, cars a little dirty from rain...please forgive the crappy pics, it was the best I could do..

New Wheels-----:)-a1.jpg

New Wheels-----:)-a2.jpg

New Wheels-----:)-a3.jpg

New Wheels-----:)-a4.jpg

New Wheels-----:)-a5.jpg
Old 01-26-10, 11:22 AM
KvnChu
Driver

Originally Posted by DasNutz
Sorry bro but I have more important things for the rest of funds , I love my car but I love my family more and this gives me Best of Both worlds car and family vacations. Not all of us are ballers.
oh dude please, that's not even what i meant... i would be saying that even if you didnt get reps.. i really wasnt trying to say anything else, i really just meant that our cars will look the same.. haha sorry if you got the wrong impression

it looks good, but you should really get the lexus brake decal, makes it look 100x better
Old 01-26-10, 11:36 AM
DasNutz
Driver

Originally Posted by KvnChu
oh dude please, that's not even what i meant... i would be saying that even if you didnt get reps.. i really wasnt trying to say anything else, i really just meant that our cars will look the same.. haha sorry if you got the wrong impression

it looks good, but you should really get the lexus brake decal, makes it look 100x better
Oh I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and what I was stateing was not to put it in any way bad, ya you know I probably gonna go back to putting the calipers back to black and putting the lexus decal on it, thanks for the advice.
Old 01-26-10, 07:58 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Can't wait to see it with tires on.... Did it come with center caps?
Old 01-26-10, 08:55 PM
DasNutz
Driver

Originally Posted by ISBU
Can't wait to see it with tires on.... Did it come with center caps?
Ya it came with center caps, plain ones but they look good. I got some titanium grey rays lugs but I was thinking of getting some red lugs, I already ordered some red valvestems so I think all combined it will look good.
Old 01-26-10, 10:48 PM
jecko714
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good size lips...

Quick Reply: New Wheels-----:)