IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Give IS-C a subcatagory?
yes
80.95%
no
19.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Request for IS-C subcategory...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-10, 08:12 PM
Plit
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm all for your freedom, voted yes!
Old 01-26-10, 09:10 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how 8 people so far have voted no and only 1 person spoke up enough to say why regardless of how off there information was.
Old 01-26-10, 09:12 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

I voted yes. Different car. Different parts.
Old 01-26-10, 09:15 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But one thing. If the IS-C have its own subcategory, don't expect to have so many replies, most likely it'll be dead.
Old 01-27-10, 04:09 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

^^ Exactly....just like the IS-C category on my.is ......... I find myself just looking at the regular 2IS section on my.is anyway.

Personally, I don't like how the IS-F has a different section on here, because even though they are different the platform is the same and therefore there are things that would be applicable to both. But, the way it is now, you have to search both to hope to find an answer.

Personally, I think maybe search tags like the For sale thread has where you put in if you have an IS-C or IS-F would be the best way to do it ---> change and keep every thing under 2IS.

Although, part of the problem is that there really isn't much out there for the IS-C right now

Last edited by mikes rx; 01-27-10 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-27-10, 06:54 AM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

yea they are differences, but the suspension, engine/drivetrain, headlights, hood, front seats, radio/dash, etc... are all the same. Its exactly the same car just a 2 door Hardtop convertible version. Yea the tail lights, side skirts, rear bumper, are different but thats pretty much it. IDK if that deserves an entirely new forum? I guess I really dont care that much because it doesnt have any affect on me.
Old 01-27-10, 01:22 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

I voted no just because I'm sure people who appreciate the ISX50s like the ISC if not as much, then about the same as the sedan version. And I'm sure the same can be said vice versa.

From what I noticed, most threads are about exterior mods (kits, wheels, slam, and more wheels) and plenty of photoshoots. It would be much easier to generate the most replies and views if it stays in this forum. As much as I like the IS-F, I find it a hassle to go into their subforum everyday (yeah yeah I'm sure some of you guys are guilty too!). However, if the ISC owners start taking over the ISX50 forum, then kick them out.
Old 01-27-10, 01:44 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
^^ Exactly....just like the IS-C category on my.is ......... I find myself just looking at the regular 2IS section on my.is anyway.

Personally, I don't like how the IS-F has a different section on here, because even though they are different the platform is the same and therefore there are things that would be applicable to both. But, the way it is now, you have to search both to hope to find an answer.

Personally, I think maybe search tags like the For sale thread has where you put in if you have an IS-C or IS-F would be the best way to do it ---> change and keep every thing under 2IS.

Although, part of the problem is that there really isn't much out there for the IS-C right now
Point well said!
now that other people have spoken, I can see their side and agree to a certain extent.
Old 01-27-10, 02:01 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by RpmSteve
yea they are differences, but the suspension, engine/drivetrain, headlights, hood, front seats, radio/dash, etc... are all the same. Its exactly the same car just a 2 door Hardtop convertible version. Yea the tail lights, side skirts, rear bumper, are different but thats pretty much it. IDK if that deserves an entirely new forum? I guess I really dont care that much because it doesnt have any affect on me.
inaccurate

only body panel shared is the hood
suspension = different (different bracing in rear, different spring/struts as confirmed via f-sport.com)
fronts seats = different (IIRC they are thinner to allow more room....also they have a lever to tilt them on the upper part)
rear seats completely different

the basic platform is the same, but just like the IS-F almost everything is different.....they didn't just chop off the top and call it a vert. But, since it is the same platform, I will say that there are many things that are applicable to both it and the sedan.
Old 01-27-10, 02:49 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

bah humbug, let em have it then. I'm glad the ISF forum is separate because I avoid it like the plague. Looking at ISF's just makes me crunch numbers that shouldnt be crunched
Old 01-27-10, 05:03 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I vote for the IS-C subcategory.
Old 09-03-10, 04:09 AM
GuyFromFL
Driver School Candidate

i think there's enough differences that it makes sense, or will in the future when there are more vert owners. yes for me!
Old 09-04-10, 12:19 PM
ddotderek
Driver School Candidate

I am shocked by this, I wish the Moderators would at least consider it. I hate having to do all these weird type of searches and shuffling through a bunch of information just to find IS-C related threads. It's completely different car with different suspension as none of the suspension components from the IS work on the IS-C.
Old 09-04-10, 03:20 PM
djMaru
Lead Lap

ii wanna it vote yes too.
Old 09-04-10, 05:09 PM
Deros
Driver

I agree we need a cat. It is hard to determine if something that works for the IS will work with the ISC.

Quick Reply: Request for IS-C subcategory...