IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-12, 10:40 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont wanna talk back but look this forum is to help out other people is correct then why other people said oh my god ur car too low or oh my god the supercharge dont gain that much horsepower on IS?? Do u know how complicate people give comment on their ride... That's why I dont like it
Old 09-02-12, 10:40 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there will always be something on someones car that they did , like a mod because they seen it somewhere else first! there is no one on this forum who has 100% mods that no one else has. at some point you will have seen something on another members ride that you liked and decided to do it to yours. copycat.....lol on his high horse. im willing to bet he did something to his car that he seen on another, maby didnt do it exactly the same but took the ideal or look of of, now thats still copying.
Old 09-02-12, 10:43 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by laobo979
I hear you bro but little thing like this can be kept to his self . When it comes to car issue like breaking down stuff like that we all lend a helping hand. That I can understand if he said I know what wrong but I can't help you.
I was just reading all the messages, thought it was nuttin too, but I knew it'll become something with the word "copycat". wrong choice of word thats all
Old 09-02-12, 10:52 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
+1

We all get inspiration from somewhere. We take whats already out there, add our own ideas, modify old ones a bit, and put it all together to turn it into something that we love.
Yep when I first started modding I almost got the OEM spoiler til I saw Mariano's car in a feature and found him on here. Got info directly from him that he had his Authentic Wald Spoiler molded and the quarters raised. I went ahead and bought a rep and molded and raised the quarters myself from the pics he provided me. I was the second person to raise the quarters with the molded wald spoiler now just about everyone has it, so what? There was another member on here that I saw that even used Marianos car as a platform. I've had a ton of members messaging me about both my LFA's and my RC10's when I got them. Along with how to wrap the roof and other mods that I've done myself. And I'm always happy to help them bc at one time I didn't know nothing about this car.

Originally Posted by VIS250P
I dont wanna talk back but look this forum is to help out other people is correct then why other people said oh my god ur car too low or oh my god the supercharge dont gain that much horsepower on IS?? Do u know how complicate people give comment on their ride... That's why I dont like it
ummmm...
super charger doesn't gain much hp for a 250 or 350 and I'm sure most members know that by now and I don't see how its related to helping others out but ok? Well good luck to you I hope your custom secret off sets gets you alot of compliments on your ride man. BTW I swear I didn't copy u by buying Starfire pearl

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 09-02-12 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-02-12, 10:56 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MyIS350G
I was just reading all the messages, thought it was nuttin too, but I knew it'll become something with the word "copycat". wrong choice of word thats all
^ what Jon said. I'm not trying to be a "copycat" on your fitment VIS250P, im just trying to get some ideas on how to fit my wheels right (they are already lying in my garage)

hence, i appreciate that you would share your wheel spec with the rest of CL members, but if you don't thats cool if you want to keep it to yourself the purpose of this forum is to help each other out so that everyone could enjoy modding their car without bumping into the same issues (and waste time and money) which prior members encounter

Last edited by rookieIS; 09-02-12 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-02-12, 11:01 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Back to what this thread is supposed to be about bc those wheels were posted in the wrong thread anyways since this thread is Pic of your 2IS right now not your Wheels with Top Secret off sets.

Lookin pretty Boss Fellas! can't wait to see all the photos from the shoot!

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
guys read vis250p's sig

anyway me and rasta out on a mini shoot tonight

Old 09-02-12, 11:03 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Well rookie tell us what your running and we'll tell you what needs too be done.But that what the will these wheel fit threads for.
Old 09-02-12, 11:03 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Lookin good max havent seen u posted in a while except for that teaser pic a few pages back. Looks like you've been doing pretty well since that accident and getting the IS F front bumper. Keep the mods comin

Originally Posted by 149MAX
Molded wald spoiler. Waiting for to install the wald lower lip...

For those interested, here's a top view.

Old 09-02-12, 11:09 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Yep when I first started modding I almost got the OEM spoiler til I saw Mariano's car in a feature and found him on here. Got info directly from him that he had his Authentic Wald Spoiler molded and the quarters raised. I went ahead and bought a rep and molded and raised the quarters myself from the pics he provided me. I was the second person to raise the quarters with the molded wald spoiler now just about everyone has it, so what? There was another member on here that I saw that even used Marianos car as a platform. I've had a ton of members messaging me about both my LFA's and my RC10's when I got them. Along with how to wrap the roof and other mods that I've done myself. And I'm always happy to help them bc at one time I didn't know nothing about this car.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Man, all this talk about wheels ... I wish mine would get here already!

The wait is always the hardest part!!!
Old 09-02-12, 11:13 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by laobo979
Well rookie tell us what your running and we'll tell you what needs too be done.But that what the will these wheel fit threads for.
I did post it in the "Will those wheels fit?" thread

Mannn Raj, I cant wait to see your wheels on your car. I'm just as exited as you are
Old 09-02-12, 11:14 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Raj I know how you feel, I waited 2 weeks for my LFA reps, and I waited 5 months for my rohanas! The worst part is when you get the tracking number. I checked it like 50 times a day. And it gets really bad on the day you know its supposed to arrive. At night I was anxious and couldn't sleep and in the morning I woke up early! Then you just stare at the clock until they arrive thinkin to yourself WTF is the delivery truck?!
Old 09-02-12, 11:25 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rookieIS

Mannn Raj, I cant wait to see your wheels on your car. I'm just as exited as you are

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Raj I know how you feel, I waited 2 weeks for my LFA reps, and I waited 5 months for my rohanas! The worst part is when you get the tracking number. I checked it like 50 times a day. And it gets really bad on the day you know its supposed to arrive. At night I was anxious and couldn't sleep and in the morning I woke up early! Then you just stare at the clock until they arrive thinkin to yourself WTF is the delivery truck?!
LOL!!! Yes, I'm EXACTLY like that! I'll stay home and not go anywhere just so I don't miss the delivery truck!

For my wheels, Its been 7 weeks so far (ETA to build was 6-8 weeks)
Old 09-02-12, 11:31 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn Raj, new wheels??? gonna be ready for Lexus Evolution?
im getting 22s too
Old 09-02-12, 11:33 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

im getting 22s too
Old 09-02-12, 11:40 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

im getting 22s too
Yup... current wheels are curbed to death and slightly bent - not worth fixing. So I ordered new ones

They should defiantly be here by then (Knock on wood).

And am I reading that right, 22"?!?! Can't wait to see it

Quick Reply: Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!