IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-13, 02:46 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Nice wheels man, were they like that or is that a custom finish?

Looks like these!!!

Yup same rims! Well kinda, due to a cracked rim and needing three new tires ASAP I was forced to spend what I was saving for rims on ISF reps with 4 brand new tires... Price was unbeatable, literally I tried. As far as the color goes I've read somewhere, but can't find any pictures that this is the finish that the JDM ISF wheels come in. They turned out great, especially with the somewhat aggressive offsets, just needs moar low!!!!
Old 01-17-13, 02:47 PM
MadMorry
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
^^ Look good, Are you going to drop more or that's all?
I might drop it a fraction more but i think its the plastic inner guard liner thats rubbing heaps, so ill have to sort that out or just let it wear through.
Originally Posted by Alias
Turned out really nice morry, just add a lip kit and some tint and you'll be all good.
Tint is next on the cards mate, dont think ill worry about a kit for now, love the clean stock look atm
Originally Posted by peyman
really nice wheeeels. whats next ?
Just tint and maybe lower it a touch more once i sort out a bit of slight rubbing mate
Originally Posted by rookieIS
Looks just like mine! Except mine are SSR's
I love the SSRs but there are a HEAP of them floating around the car scene here in Brisbane so i thought the S1Rs would look just as good without being too common.
Old 01-17-13, 04:20 PM
Ramonst3r
Driver School Candidate

Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!-a7tk8.jpg

Did a little photoshoot of my IS and the Chicago skyline today.
Old 01-17-13, 04:25 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks great. I've got to play with my camera and figure out how to do some different effects. I had a buddy tell me that using instagram gives you lots of options on pics, but haven't tried it yet.
Old 01-17-13, 04:35 PM
leadfoot83
Driver

Originally Posted by Slammer1
That looks great. I've got to play with my camera and figure out how to do some different effects. I had a buddy tell me that using instagram gives you lots of options on pics, but haven't tried it yet.
yea instagram has alot of cool effects you can use.
Old 01-17-13, 04:39 PM
Ramonst3r
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Slammer1
I just used a filter on the front of my lens and Canon t3i
Old 01-17-13, 05:23 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I gotta get a SLR camera....
Old 01-17-13, 08:02 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
The Concavos are clean, but do look almost exactly like Vossens.
No, they are not, they look alike, but Concavo CW-5 is much nicer and deeper concave compare to CV3
Originally Posted by iRyan
naw they are Concavo CW-5..when you see them they look nothing like the CV3s
He is correct
I like them a lot. Just saying in pics a lot of people are always going to think they look the same. I'm sure if I bought them everyone would think I put CV3s back on. Even the finishes are the same, matte silver with machined face and matte black with machined face. Thats what Vossen already offered lol. I would rock them for sure on a sponsorship.
only people see the CV3 in the pics and never see them up close or in person, therefore they can't really focus on the different and detail of the Concavo CW-5, I did ordered the Vossen CV3 while back when it first pop up in the forum, and I said WOW, they look nice on someone car's, so therefore, I ordered one, when they are arrived (CV3) i open the box, oh man it wasn't impress me, the spokes look plan, no detail on them, just plan 5 spokes, and the paint job on that wheels look flake off like not smooth paint or someting? so therefore I return them, sorry Vossen CV3 fan's, I am here not to said negative to the other company, just try to tell the different between the two wheel's design, and one biggest thing to me is the CW-5 concave is deeper even front or back
on
Old 01-17-13, 08:10 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
That's to be expected. Like confusing a set of HRE 540R with VSXX. They are the same style design. Vossen chose great color schemes, but they were definitely not the first to offer that. BTW Vossen silver is silver, Concavo grey is grey.

They might confuse them for TSW Rivage's instead of Vossens. After all TSW had this design out before the CV3's came about.

Damn the Concavo actually look just like those TSWs. Your right about a lot of wheels looking similar. A concave 5 spoke wheel can only look so many different ways.
Old 01-17-13, 08:35 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
No, they are not, they look alike, but Concavo CW-5 is much nicer and deeper concave compare to CV3

He is correct

only people see the CV3 in the pics and never see them up close or in person, therefore they can't really focus on the different and detail of the Concavo CW-5, I did ordered the Vossen CV3 while back when it first pop up in the forum, and I said WOW, they look nice on someone car's, so therefore, I ordered one, when they are arrived (CV3) i open the box, oh man it wasn't impress me, the spokes look plan, no detail on them, just plan 5 spokes, and the paint job on that wheels look flake off like not smooth paint or someting? so therefore I return them, sorry Vossen CV3 fan's, I am here not to said negative to the other company, just try to tell the different between the two wheel's design, and one biggest thing to me is the CW-5 concave is deeper even front or back
on
I still own a set of CV3s so I can say that the Concavos are a bit deeper in the rear and are actually concave in the front. There is more detail to the CW-5 vs the CV3 but they are also similar wheels. Both sets look good IMO but it all comes down to personal preference
Old 01-17-13, 08:46 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

I like how the Concavo is more concave in the front. But I wish both companies offered more width and offset selections. Like a 9.5 or 10"
Old 01-17-13, 08:49 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I like how the Concavo is more concave in the front. But I wish both companies offered more width and offset selections. Like a 9.5 or 10"
Well I know Concavo does offer more aggressive offsets. I think they have a +24, Im not 100% sure. And I know Vossen has a +32
Old 01-17-13, 09:14 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Oh thats good to know. When I had CV3 they were +32 but I added a 5mm spacer and still had room. I think +25 would be perfect.
Old 01-18-13, 05:10 AM
MadMorry
Rookie

few more pics from tonight.
Attached Thumbnails Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!-img_8981.jpg   Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!-img_8976.jpg   Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!-img_8961.jpg   Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!-img_8966.jpg  
Old 01-18-13, 06:10 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ nice shots

Quick Reply: Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!