Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 08:18 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
hmmmm? you sure bro?

telling by recessed fog light , grille insert next to fog lights and also the dimensions of the front bottom portion of the lip, looks like you got this one man..... i have a good eye for these things

I'm with you, something is off. And when did Wald start making a "non-carbon fiber" version of the Black Bison??? Just seems like his parts keep changing the more people question, just as it was OEM ISF bumper and fenders originally. Where did he find aftermarket fiberglass fenders and bumper (besides from what ISFPower posted...)?
Old 06-03-13, 08:19 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by juvi22003
Crappy pic, picked up 1st place for best VIP car at slammed society / Formula drift event this weekend...good way to end the run with my IS as the part out begins

Final pics of how the car currently sits
Looks dope. I want your photographer to take shots of my car, crazy skills!
Old 06-03-13, 09:06 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Looks dope. I want your photographer to take shots of my car, crazy skills!
thanks man, i'm sure he would love to just have to come down to Florida...
Old 06-03-13, 12:23 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmmm? you sure bro?

telling by recessed fog light , grille insert next to fog lights and also the dimensions of the front bottom portion of the lip, looks like you got this one man..... i have a good eye for these things

Yea I already figured this was the case. Wald only makes one Black Bison lip for the ISF. There's no non carbon version that's made by Wald. The real lip is over $2k by itself plus molding cost to the "other" bumper if that was the case. That full replica bumper is higher off the ground and doesn't look the same as Wald.
Old 06-03-13, 12:33 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

^ thats exactly what I thought. Look right underthe headlight. Bumper is molded exactly the same on the blue one. No two people mold the front lips the same, there is always variation. But if OP claims it is legit I wont argue
Old 06-03-13, 01:08 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol just saw this. I've seen that kit before, a local member PM'd me about that a week ago... it recently came out didn't it?

I know what I bought and would gladly taken pics for you if you guys are doubtful... I saw the wald stamp/logo on it before it was molded too.

Wald actually does come without the cf inserts, they are simply pieces if you get that option and gets bolted on, you can it get with out without, without being cheaper.

Mutiple local members have seen my car and the lip in person, so I unno why you are so skeptical. If it was rep I would say so, my mod list just was not updated to show the FRP bumper etc and I updated it when a member pointed it out. At no point did I claim it that was real. So not sure who is saying I'm changing my stories? lol

Anyway here's some of the results of a recent shoot.

Old 06-03-13, 01:14 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

hmmmm? you sure bro?

Woah... What kit is that?! lol.

I kinda want those sides!
Old 06-03-13, 01:59 PM
janis300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over the weekend i got my megan coil overs installed!!!

Name:  null_zps65918e65.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  210.4 KB
Name:  null_zps8f107188.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  198.2 KB

Last edited by janis300; 06-03-13 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-03-13, 02:32 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went on a drive with my car club, had to sit behind the v10 R8 with Capristo exhaust all day... My ears are still ringing
Old 06-03-13, 04:11 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 149MAX
Lol just saw this. I've seen that kit before, a local member PM'd me about that a week ago... it recently came out didn't it?

I know what I bought and would gladly taken pics for you if you guys are doubtful... I saw the wald stamp/logo on it before it was molded too.

Wald actually does come without the cf inserts, they are simply pieces if you get that option and gets bolted on, you can it get with out without, without being cheaper.

Mutiple local members have seen my car and the lip in person, so I unno why you are so skeptical. If it was rep I would say so, my mod list just was not updated to show the FRP bumper etc and I updated it when a member pointed it out. At no point did I claim it that was real. So not sure who is saying I'm changing my stories? lol

Anyway here's some of the results of a recent shoot.
you're right, wald does have non cf, i posted a few weeks ago for a member who was interested. but here are a few things that shows it's not authentic.

1. take note of that real wald non cf area next to the fogs. it's a sharp rectangular angle. yours is squared off.

2. just a normal replica isf bumper on ebay looks just like the normal isf with the sharp rectangular lines(next to fog housing) and fog light housing is even spot on like the isf. So basically if you had a real wald put on that ebay bumper, why would you square off that area next to the fog and use a diff type of fog light housing and put in a grille that is identical to the white rep bumper i posted up?

Old 06-03-13, 07:30 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to side with ISFPOWER right now and say it's a rep, for these imo, conclusive reasons.

So 149MAX, you used your ISF rep bumper to mold an "authentic" Wald right?

1. The upper and lower grille is different, one has a triangle shape and the rep wald bumper has a circular shape, and I guess you deleted your headlight washers too?

2. The side so-called inserts are also the exact same as the rep? You only have 2 vents across it, whereas the authentic wald has 3 non-existent ones. It doesn't actually ventilate anything, but yours do.

Old 06-03-13, 07:47 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

MOTHER OF GOD WE HAVE DETECTIVES IN THERE. I LOVE IT

And just for the sake of the thread, here's a pic of my car. Not sure who the white integra belongs to but it kinda ruins the picture

Old 06-03-13, 07:52 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by InspireME

And just for the sake of the thread, here's a pic of my car. Not sure who the white integra belongs to but it kinda ruins the picture

Haha. Looking sharp though Nelson. I can barely see that license plate frame. When are you getting your Vossen'sssssss?
Old 06-03-13, 08:00 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by infate
Haha. Looking sharp though Nelson. I can barely see that license plate frame. When are you getting your Vossen'sssssss?
Thanks haha. Maybe in a year when I graduate, or maybe soon on my birthday . I'm also slowly piecing together authentic wald rear/sides I really hate this mod bug.
Old 06-03-13, 08:01 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by InspireME

LOL at the detective post lookin good inspire

Authentic or rep IMO as long as it looks good then
if its a rep and someone feels the need to claim its authentic for whatever reason then

149Max car looks great regardless for all the doubters just post a copy of your receipt to end the ones that doubt u haha

Quick Reply: Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!