IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 08:01 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is mee and i looked at that blue is and yeah it definately looks like a rep to me...first thing that through it off was the vents and then the center of my lip sticks out low and extends out
Old 06-03-13, 08:02 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rookieIS
^ RDIS250AWD cant get enough of that front lip man.. uber clean

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
looking good
appreciate it fellas
Old 06-03-13, 08:06 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LiLS

this is mee and i looked at that blue is and yeah it definately looks like a rep to me...first thing that through it off was the vents and then the center of my lip sticks out low and extends out

wow thats actually a significant difference
Old 06-03-13, 08:16 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

ISF Police has just cited you a ticket. Good day sir.

Old 06-03-13, 08:49 PM
Pyramid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-03-13, 09:26 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
if its a rep and someone feels the need to claim its authentic for whatever reason then
This .
Old 06-03-13, 09:27 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow serious guys? I can't believe I have to actually post proof of me buying it lol.....

Somebody mentioned that I deleted my h/l washers. The bumper came with them but I had my body shop delete them as they're pretty useless and everytime you use your windshield washers they come on.

Here's me buying it.

Here's them shipping it about a week later. I assume it came from Japan first? Pretty sure it gets shipped to them and forwarded to me.

Here's what a local member confirmed with me.

So unless they sold me a rep piece (which I highly doubt) it looks pretty real to me....

Could not believe I actually had to post all this.
Old 06-03-13, 09:31 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Who cares if it is or not. I have non-JDM visors, I like it, all people outside of CL likes it but theres always some CL elitists who thinks otherwise. But hey, keep spreading the hate I guess.
Old 06-03-13, 11:12 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 149MAX
Wow serious guys? I can't believe I have to actually post proof of me buying it lol.....

Somebody mentioned that I deleted my h/l washers. The bumper came with them but I had my body shop delete them as they're pretty useless and everytime you use your windshield washers they come on.

Here's me buying it.

Here's them shipping it about a week later. I assume it came from Japan first? Pretty sure it gets shipped to them and forwarded to me.

Here's what a local member confirmed with me.

So unless they sold me a rep piece (which I highly doubt) it looks pretty real to me....

Could not believe I actually had to post all this.

Max by all means I was not calling you out at all, just suggested the idea of you posting this bc everyone seems to find it to be such a big deal and do all this detective work and get on your back about it.

Your car looks awesome and its come a long way. An inspiring and unique build. Mad props on the time and money invested.

Like I said
Authentic or rep IMO as long as it looks good then
if its a rep and someone feels the need to claim its authentic for whatever reason then

My bumper is a OEM GS Bumper that was hacked up to replicate the Five GS Axis so its not 100% Authentic either so what?

I have OEM, Authentic, custom, and replica parts on my car. I'm not gonna be a tool/fanboy and support big companies that cares only about my money just to brag that its authentic. Somethings are worth spending more money on and some aren't. Cars depreciate and its a bad investment.

I respect you whether its authentic or rep. As long as it looks good and you like it. Your money, your car. Lookin forward to seeing what you do next.
Old 06-03-13, 11:49 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

post a pic of the paypal item ordered info. you cut off the important part. that could be any item. i would just try and get your money back if you really think you got the real deal.
Old 06-04-13, 12:13 AM
stanced
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juvi22003
Crappy pic, picked up 1st place for best VIP car at slammed society / Formula drift event this weekend...good way to end the run with my IS as the part out begins

Final pics of how the car currently sits

YOO!! This is clean homie! I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a ings+1 kit and your pics are helping lol.
Old 06-04-13, 05:49 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Like I said
Authentic or rep IMO as long as it looks good then

My bumper is a OEM GS Bumper that was hacked up to replicate the Five GS Axis so its not 100% Authentic either so what?

I have OEM, Authentic, custom, and replica parts on my car. I'm not gonna be a tool/fanboy and support big companies that cares only about my money just to brag that its authentic. Somethings are worth spending more money on and some aren't. Cars depreciate and its a bad investment.

I respect you whether its authentic or rep. As long as it looks good and you like it. Your money, your car. Lookin forward to seeing what you do next.
I agree 100%.

I will never understand why some people will buy replica parts and try to pass them off as authentic. THAT is the real problem.

I know some people love their authentic parts and supporting the industry and all that good stuff. Thats great and all but not everyone can afford (or wants to blow their money) on a $2k authentic body kit for example. Ive had personal experience with companies claiming that other companies are making replicas of their parts when they werent the first ones to make them in the first place.

At the end of the day, people will buy whatever they want to feel exclusive but its not worth it to me. Just my opinion
Old 06-04-13, 08:04 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

149MAX purchased it from a legit and authorized retailer, doubt they'd sell knockoff parts
He has both rep and authentic parts on his car, and for those parts that he knows are rep he tells straight up that they're rep
The China rep is a one-piece bumper and Wald rep together, I think his is 2 piece bumper and lip molded together
Yes he has rep fenders/sides which he made that clear, because they're FRP (fixable)
His old ebay conversion rep bumper was destroyed from ice and could not be fixed which is why he went with the rep that came in FRP

IF somehow this retailer decided to squeeze in some replicas in their inventory (which I still doubt), then well OP doesn't even know it.
Then can we blame OP in this case?
There's a difference between constructive and helpful criticism and "calling people out"
Maybe some just need to mature up

Last edited by reyoasian; 06-05-13 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-04-13, 08:57 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I mean seriously? some of you guys need to go work for the FBI, who cares if its rep or authentic....buy whatever you can afford and enjoy it smh ! Im trying to see some "CARS RIGHT NOW" not who has rep or authentic kit.....
Old 06-04-13, 09:23 AM
dangy
Lexus Champion

I have fake IS350 brakes.

Quick Reply: Pic of your 2IS - RIGHT NOW!