IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wrecked IS350 w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 10:02 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok. Some serious rear damage there, whatever decision you make is yours to make. Apparently some would disagree, but it's not our decision to take. Hope all works out well
Old 02-09-10, 10:08 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sorry to hear about your car
Old 02-09-10, 10:11 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope it works out for you man, especially since you didn't call the police - hope you took some pictures at the scene or have some kind of evidence or admission of guilt.

I just went through this whole drama about a month ago - some kid (like 17) rear-ended me on the freeway. I actually did call the cops but they said since there are no injuries and it's a relatively minor accident we should just swap insurance info and figure it out later. At the scene of the accident, the kid tried to say I cut in front of him and slammed on the brakes (yeah right, like I would do that after buying this car like 3 months ago). Anyway, after a month of stalling the kid finally gives his official statement to the insurance company and says I was driving backwards and ran into him at a gas station. WTF!?!? I was so blown away - such a stupid lie. Anyway, long story short, after some threatening letters from my lawyer and the overwhelming evidence (pictures at the scene, the 911 call with a location trace, no witnesses at a gas station (he couldn't "remember" which one it was at anyway), he finally folded and paid me off. I learned my lesson - get the police report and NEVER trust anyone.
Old 02-09-10, 10:12 AM
holyking
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG~! U DIDN"T call the cops !!???? man, better watch out... now is ur word vs. her word.
unless you have witness... my dad got rear end on freeway by a 20 year old kid who has no INS... so i think my dad try to take the advantage of this; therefore, he didn't call the police. ITS totally bad IDEA !!!!!! My dad talk to our ins agent, she told him there NO proof on that accidents. we can't files a uninsurance liability claim. even though you want to call the police after a few day, police might not accept the case. because you didn't call them when the accident happen, you have no police report!! but anyways, the 20 years old kid try not to deny the damage, lucky my dad were able to scared him to pay ^^. i think you gone to be long story follow this ...
Old 02-09-10, 10:15 AM
holyking
Rookie

Originally Posted by brociouz
I hope it works out for you man, especially since you didn't call the police - hope you took some pictures at the scene or have some kind of evidence or admission of guilt.

I just went through this whole drama about a month ago - some kid (like 17) rear-ended me on the freeway. I actually did call the cops but they said since there are no injuries and it's a relatively minor accident we should just swap insurance info and figure it out later. At the scene of the accident, the kid tried to say I cut in front of him and slammed on the brakes (yeah right, like I would do that after buying this car like 3 months ago). Anyway, after a month of stalling the kid finally gives his official statement to the insurance company and says I was driving backwards and ran into him at a gas station. WTF!?!? I was so blown away - such a stupid lie. Anyway, long story short, after some threatening letters from my lawyer and the overwhelming evidence (pictures at the scene, the 911 call with a location trace, no witnesses at a gas station (he couldn't "remember" which one it was at anyway), he finally folded and paid me off. I learned my lesson - get the police report and NEVER trust anyone.
NEVER trust ANYONE NOR OUR Insurance~~~
Old 02-09-10, 10:26 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

California? It's the law - over $750 in damage without a police report is no accident to claim.

Best of luck with this. Odds are not good it will turn out well. Sounds like you didn't want to call the police too? This will definitely hurt the wallet.

Any further discussion of insurance fraud will cause this thread to be closed. It's dumb. It can get you sent to prison. It's just plain wrong.
Old 02-09-10, 10:30 AM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rukkus2IS
You wrecked my car, I wreck your wallet
lawl you wont do **** kid.
Old 02-09-10, 10:34 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by holyking
NEVER trust ANYONE NOR OUR Insurance~~~
Amen to that.

The most outrageous part of my ordeal was that after I told him on the phone that I have all this evidence and I just want to get it over with he quips "Oh yeah, where's the police report?" I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle him. It's like he planned the whole thing because I was willing to wait for the CHP but he said he was rushing to the hospital. Always gotta look out for number one.
Old 02-09-10, 10:42 AM
spicaly
Driver

dibs on the toolkit in the trunk
Old 02-09-10, 11:11 AM
sandwiches
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, awesome license plate. Are you in internet marketing? Anyhow-- I have to chime in and say you should have called the cops. No good deed goes unpunished-- I hope you don't have to learn this lesson the hard way.
Old 02-09-10, 11:24 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm just glad an admin finally stepped in about insurance fraud...
Old 02-09-10, 11:24 AM
jackblack7
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
Wow I see the pics now.... dude that's a pretty bad accident... the only reason not to call police is if u were drunk...
+1 It just doesn't make sense not to call the police after such a serious accident. You might even be required to per your insurance company or state law. The pic smiling next to the damage doesn't help either.
Old 02-09-10, 11:27 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jackblack7
The pic smiling next to the damage doesn't help either.
I didn't even think about that. Might want to get rid of those pics...
Old 02-09-10, 11:57 AM
Wish
Pole Position

Im glad that you are fine most important thing, but when I had my accident for days I felt so bad that I lost smthin that I really liked and invested alot of money in that easy!
Why u didnt call the police? find this very strange? what about insurance they should pay you the insured car value!

arent u interested in getting your money back from insurance?

Last edited by Wish; 02-09-10 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-09-10, 12:24 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow glad your ok but like everyone else you should of called the police,
not just to file the report but to protect other drivers on the road from getting into an accident with the alleged drunk woman.

Quick Reply: Wrecked IS350 w/pics