IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

For those of us with factory sport pedals.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 07:06 PM
amoney805
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshis408
i hope they discontinue the sport pedals so i can pick some up cheap

+1!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-10, 07:21 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ enjoy the wait.

in case those of you waiting haven't read ANYTHING Kurtz has posted in this thread (or anywhere else, as a matter of fact), there is NOTHING wrong with the 2is pedals. dealerships may have instituted "recall fixes", but they're hardly that. if your floormats are of the proper size and are installed properly, you don't qualify for the recall.

end of discussion, thanks for reading.
Old 02-16-10, 07:25 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know its just a floor mat issue with our cars rather than the gas pedal. I was being a cheap a$$ and told them I didn't need it. And also about them cutting the sport pedal......NO WAY!
Old 02-16-10, 07:32 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

I repeat. Nothing has been announced as to plans on the IS. They are already doing the modifications I mentioned to the ES. The IS will not be exempt.
Old 02-16-10, 09:59 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Didn't we get a recall letter months ago on our ISx50's. Based on an actual dealer service visit, what was the action taken by Lexus service?
Old 02-16-10, 11:14 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
if your floormats are of the proper size and are installed properly, you don't qualify for the recall.

end of discussion, thanks for reading.
Not so fast there. All IS's qualify for the recall, it doesn't matter if your mats are correctly installed or not. Lexus, with a big push from NHTSA, came up with this foolish remedy so if you allow them to do the service work they will install a new pedal assembly that is about 3/4" shorter on the bottom, and they will reprogram the system so if the throttle and brakes are applied at the same time the brakes win out. The fix is not required except for moron's who don't know how to install floor mats or aren't smart enough to reach over and slip the tranny into 'N' if anything happens with the floor mats. It's too bad the trooper and family were killed, but it was a one off mistake. They should sue the dealer and get on with life. But the Trial Lawyers (see John Edwards) see this as the biggest jackpot since breast implants litigation and they will milk it (pun intended) for all it is worth. The floor mat accident led to the equally silly sticking pedal recall and the even bigger 'Toyota is hiding something' hysteria of SUA. They will never prove SUA as the likely cause of these incidents is driver error; driver is standing on the gas when he thinks he is braking. That has been happening since Stanley Steamers roamed the byways of America. It is all a colossal waste of time and money, and a deliberate plan to try to damage a top company (see Obama Administration and the UAW).

Last edited by Evitzee; 02-16-10 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-17-10, 07:41 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Has anybody actually taken their ISx50 in and what was done via Lexus service?

We've heard all the usual internet stuff, but so far not one poster has chimed in with an actual service visit result, interesting.
Old 02-17-10, 08:14 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Has anybody actually taken their ISx50 in and what was done via Lexus service?

We've heard all the usual internet stuff, but so far not one poster has chimed in with an actual service visit result, interesting.
The IS campaign is towards the back of the line for the official fix (new pedal assembly and software reprogramming). They are working on the ES and other cars first, then the IS which is why we haven't received a followup letter from the one we received late last year. If you are concerned about driving your car Lexus will physically mutilate your pedal and shave off some of the pedal on the bottom, and they will zip tie any mats to the seat. It's a dog's breakfast of a fix and certainly not up to the Lexus image. Proceed at your own risk.
Old 02-17-10, 09:25 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evitzee
The IS campaign is towards the back of the line for the official fix (new pedal assembly and software reprogramming). They are working on the ES and other cars first, then the IS which is why we haven't received a followup letter from the one we received late last year. If you are concerned about driving your car Lexus will physically mutilate your pedal and shave off some of the pedal on the bottom, and they will zip tie any mats to the seat. It's a dog's breakfast of a fix and certainly not up to the Lexus image. Proceed at your own risk.
Has anybody experienced that lame mutilation of pedal and zip tied mats or is this what we know via the internet? Of course that's a lame solution.

We have several owners of these cars so maybe one will chime in with a real/actual dealer service experience.
Old 02-17-10, 09:43 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Has anybody experienced that lame mutilation of pedal and zip tied mats or is this what we know via the internet? Of course that's a lame solution.

We have several owners of these cars so maybe one will chime in with a real/actual dealer service experience.
Haven't seen a pedal mutilation but check the second page of this thread for a Canadian brethren who had his floomats zip tied without his approval (with pics). Painful.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ther-mats.html

Last edited by Evitzee; 02-17-10 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 09:46 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Haven't seen a pedal mutilation but check the second page of this thread for a Canadian bretheren who had his floomats zip tied without his approval (with pics). Painful.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ther-mats.html
Amazing what the lame dealers and their creativity come up with, because zip ties and hole punches are not the official fix.
Old 02-17-10, 11:43 AM
kl323
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My floor mats were zipped tied when I took delivery of the car.

They withheld the all weather floor mats from me.
Old 02-18-10, 02:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

The speculation ended for me at my local northern CA Lexus service department (I went there today) regarding IS250/IS350 cars:

1. No zip ties applied to any mats
2. No sawing off or modification of pedals, sport pedals or regular

28 posts later, we have a straight answer.
Old 02-18-10, 05:23 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The speculation ended for me at my local northern CA Lexus service department (I went there today) regarding IS250/IS350 cars:

1. No zip ties applied to any mats
2. No sawing off or modification of pedals, sport pedals or regular

28 posts later, we have a straight answer.

No, you have the answer your dealer gave.

Other dealers (and customers of other dealers) have mentioned both 1 and 2 at various points.

At least 2 mentions in this very thread of point 1 for example for 2 different people at 2 different dealerships.
Old 02-18-10, 05:25 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 123 Likes on 48 Posts

+ Theres pictures of zip ties

Quick Reply: For those of us with factory sport pedals.