IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My purchase of CPO lexus is350

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 02:33 AM
e92kz0rs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My purchase of CPO lexus is350

Hello everyone. I have just purchased a CPO 2007 IS350 at jim falk lexus.
My bmw 335i got lemoned so I wanted a reliable car therefore I bought a lexus. Just want to know what you guys think about the deal and would like some inputs of what actions I can do.

I bought the CPO 07 Lexus IS350 @ 46k miles for $27,300 w/ 3.9 48 month financing deal. ( Navigation, back up camera, X package included ) The kbb value of the car was 30k so I thought I got a good deal on it.

However, when I purchased the car and took the car home there were nasty swirls, rock chips, and scratches on the hood. Therefore, I called the dealer and they said they will repaint it for me. They had the car for a week and half and they told me that the car was "repainted" twice but when I received the car it just looked as if they just polished the car. I was furious.

Afterwards I was told by the guy who worked on the car that the car was repainted TWICE, but there were still scratches visible and he said he will repaint it if I leave the car for two weeks but no loaner will be provided. I'm like WTF?! So I drove back home him telling me to call him in 2 weeks.

On my way home driving, I realized that my rear window doesn't go down. I'm like wow this is some bull****. CPO car 161 point inspected car didn't check if windows are functional. Furious. I go home and check the car fax and the service record detail number looks different than what I saw at the dealer when I bought the car. 33 records shown @ dealer and ONLY 12 records shown when I pull it up myself at carfax.

Now I feel as if they just fixed a car that was salvaged and they just fixed it paying cash or something or I feel that they somehow framed the carfax. I want to know if there is anything I can do in this situation as I am ****ing furious. Thank you for hearing my rant but I want to know if there is anything I can do. Thank you guys.

Best Regards,
Kevin

Last edited by e92kz0rs; 02-16-10 at 02:37 AM. Reason: edit
Old 02-16-10, 02:53 AM
dsm3FIDDY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as the windows in the rear, you might have to reset them by going to the actual controls at the rear for each door or any door you can't roll down the windows, roll them down half way and back up till its closed and hold for about 3-5 seconds. After that, you should be able to control all windows from the driver side. I believe this happens when the battery is disconnected.

I hope you get everything else figured out with the dealership.
Old 02-16-10, 07:49 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Carfax shouldn't be expected to show all service records, it rarely does. If service was performed at Lexus dealership, they have have better visibility of service history.

Interesting first post.
Old 02-16-10, 09:45 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome Kevin. Congrats on the new user car. If the car is already having so many issues off the bat, is there a way to return the car for a full refund? I'm thinking maybe you can get a refund and continue to look for another used IS.
Old 02-16-10, 10:57 AM
shui3000
Pole Position

it's normal to have more service records from lexus's database than carfax. lexus would be more accurate than carfax for in house service records.

they should provide a loaner though
Old 02-16-10, 11:36 AM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

seems like they're not really taking care of you...i would maybe try another dealership and see if you can get some better service from them :\
Old 02-16-10, 11:38 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think there's enough info here to reach any conclusion. Let's hope he updates us.
Old 02-16-10, 11:39 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus
Forum Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Don't know if you checked this out already or if this will help, but here is the CPO warranty: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/warranty.html

gl
Old 02-16-10, 11:43 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Wow that's crazy... no loaner is not acceptable they should take care of everything if its a CPO... you might have somethin to work with if u take the carfax u got up to the dealership. If u wanna give it back and get another
Old 02-16-10, 03:15 PM
njmurvin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No loaner for a repaint? Wow! I get a loaner for the asking when doing a simple oil change.
Old 02-16-10, 03:25 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

not having a loaner for a repaint is wrong! they shouldve offered one to you, as they were gonna repaint anyway. hopefully this gets resolved soon. as for the rear windows, it could be because the battery was disconnected. as a member already here stated, you might have to go through the controls of each window. that should reset it. best of luck!
Old 02-16-10, 03:37 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I got a loaner for over a week on a repaint of the hood on a CPO car. It was the usual ES350.
Old 02-16-10, 06:45 PM
e92kz0rs
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for your inputs and the welcome message to this forum. ^^
I just checked it with the body shop and they did tell me they painted it but done a ****ty job. So I'm going to definately get that thing repainted w/ a loaner of course. If they don't I will throw a *****fit haha. Will let you guys know what happens.

Cheers,
Old 02-16-10, 07:07 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I lost all faith in CPO when I bought my 2006 330i. It was fine on the smooth test drive roads. But when I got it out on the highway, it would pull. And on rough city streets, the suspension was really crashy, even by BMW standards. I took it back to the dealer to have the suspension and alignment re-inspected. They performed an alignment and said everything was fine. The problems still persisted, so I took it to a third party shop for a quick second opinion. They found a cracked control arm bushing and bent strut. I went back to the dealer with this info. They inspected it AGAIN, acknowledged the issue and finally fixed the car.

So I can relate to your pain. CPO my ***. Basically CPO means a nice car wash/detail and a used car warranty. I really don't think they do much of an inspection.
Old 02-16-10, 07:38 PM
Tmirk
Pole Position

They are being extra generous here IMO. You signed for and took delivery of the car, a USED car and then afterwards noticed the blemishes. Seems top me they are trying to make it right, when they really don't have to. You were expecting a brand new perfectly flawless paint job on a "used" car and they are going way out of their way to service you. CPO doesn't equal new car. In fact go back to the dealer and check out the "new" cars paint.....

Granted I'll give you that after the first repaint, it should have been detailed, and been close to flawless. However, you will quickly learn that with paint these days flawless is totally unobtainable the second the car gets washed.

As far as windows that is an easy fix that happens when battery is disconnected. Just roll down and up each window from the direct window switch on all the passenger doors. All the way up, and all the way down. Same goes for moonroof.

Quick Reply: My purchase of CPO lexus is350