IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Man am I mad but shaken

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-10, 05:05 PM
Wish
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad that your fine, Since my last accident which is like one month ago. I still have this scary feeling, although I'm driving good but no more maneuvering between the cars or speeding. I really don't feel confident.
Old 02-20-10, 09:05 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad about the car, but looking at the glass half full, be thankful it was a minor accident, and it will always make you more mindful of your surroundings to hopefully avoid such things in the future.
Old 02-20-10, 09:12 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I'm kinda curious to see the damage if u don't mind lookin at the pics again... and sharing
Old 02-20-10, 10:23 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to hear your ok man, sorry to hear about it.
Old 02-21-10, 12:22 AM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're okay. I can relate to your accident. Similar thing happened to me with my previous car. I was just driving to work then when I was about to pass the a 2 way stop intersection since I had right of way. Some idiot jumped out and thought he'd beat me to the other side before I got there. There are drivers out there who make horrible decisions. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-21-10, 07:10 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good thing you are ok. No worries on telling her what to say--it's a rare instance, barring running a red light, when someone is making a left turn in cross traffic where the accident is NOT their fault.
Old 02-21-10, 08:31 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by totalstu
There are plenty of stupid drivers out there. Luckily there we no physical injuries. The shakiness will pass. It's like riding a bike. You fall off, are a bit shakey, but need to get back on

Can we talk about the rattles being fixed. What dealer did you get it done at? My car rattles and drives me crazy. Not that I want but I'm just about at the point of getting rid of it. I've had the dealer try like five times but the rattles persist (Dash noise kit TSB, replaced vents, etc.)

Thanks
This was far from my first visit to fix the rattles. However, Lexus on the Park finally came through for me. Hopefully my car will be fixed soon and I'll have a rattle free beautiful IS 350 again to drive.

I know I was in the right as I was going through a green light, I was just worried that they were going to concoct (sp.) a story implying that I had run a red light which I had not. I was clearly had the right of way.
Old 02-21-10, 08:32 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
I'm kinda curious to see the damage if u don't mind lookin at the pics again... and sharing
Here's one of the front end of my car. Hopefully the front fenders are OK, but the hood certainly isn't.
Attached Thumbnails Man am I mad but shaken-photo-7.jpg  
Old 02-21-10, 08:59 AM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know that your OK
Old 02-21-10, 09:03 AM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Stuff happens, a bent car isn't much in the fabric of your life. Shake it off, get it fixed, and move on. Don't dwell on it, it isn't going to make the situation any different.
Well said.

Some young kid backed into my car and it had about the same damage. New headlight, grill, grill surround. front bumper and hood. i think it was about 5k to fix. His insurance aid the bill. It was a inconvenience, and i was pissed when i sent in a car payment for a car i didn't drive for that month, but... My front bumper had a ton of rock chips anyway so i got the respray i wanted for free.

Last edited by redline201; 02-21-10 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-21-10, 09:27 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by redline201
Well said.

Some young kid backed into my car and it had about the same damage. New headlight, grill, grill surround. front bumper and hood. i think it was about 5k to fix. His insurance aid the bill. It was a inconvenience, and i was pissed when i sent in a car payment for a car i didn't drive for that month, but... My front bumper had a ton of rock chips anyway so i got the respray i wanted for free.
Yes I realize that the most important thing is that no one was hurt. That was the first thing I thought after the impact, hey I'm OK and the airbag didn't deploy, lucky me. Then when I found her to be alright without any injuries, I was more relieved. However, it was still an accident that didn't need to occur. I realize that my car will be fixed in the end.
Old 02-21-10, 10:37 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

If you had been on a motorcycle, the outcome would have been far different. What was the person's reason for making a left turn in front of you?
Old 02-21-10, 01:53 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
Here's one of the front end of my car. Hopefully the front fenders are OK, but the hood certainly isn't.
That's US$12 grand, minimum. I had to swerve out of the way of a car coming at me, and slammed into a 12" high curb, and had similar damage, but without any damage to the hood, and it was just shy of US$10,000. Make sure her insurance company cuts you a check for diminished value too, if you don't lease. My insurance co. didn't really help me at all with that claim, but put me in touch with the other driver's insurer.
Old 02-21-10, 01:55 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoIS

Wow that sucks. At least you can get a new bumper and not get the ugly license plate frame drilled in. Be optimistic. Ish happens....
Old 02-22-10, 04:40 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

I've never heard of an insurance claim here getting extra money for diminished value. Yes I do own my car outright, no money owed to anyone.

The amount of damage in dollar value doesn't surprise me, I figured Lexus parts would be very expensive.

I assume she turned in front of me because she didn't see me coming.

The new front bumper will have to have a front license plate mounted on it again, we have to have them here in Ontario.

Quick Reply: Man am I mad but shaken