IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Want The Is-f Needles Look, How Do I Take Off The Cluster?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-10, 03:41 PM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a nice mod
Old 08-19-10, 03:52 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Do you guys know the steps to taking off the clear cover for the cluster? There is some kind of residue on the inside that I would like to wipe away. Thanks.
Old 08-19-10, 05:14 PM
MiiK350
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPNinjA
Do you guys know the steps to taking off the clear cover for the cluster? There is some kind of residue on the inside that I would like to wipe away. Thanks.
+1, 10char is annoying
Old 08-21-10, 08:36 AM
tru350z
Rookie

Originally Posted by tru350z
Do you have to program isf cluster to make it work? Or simple plug and play? Does it has to be new or used? How about gear display 6sp Auto vs 8sp Auto?
Do you have to adjust speedo?

Thanks in advice!
Anyone know answer to this question please?
Thanks,
Old 08-21-10, 12:07 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

to take off the cluster, u first take the 2 screws on the top, then u remove the trim below the start button (it has the traction button on)..do the same for the other side (it helps if the doors open)...then there should be a screw on each side behind the trim, use a flashlight to find them and use a long philips, just make sure u dont drop the screw..when the bezel is removed, u wiggle the cluster out..there should be a clip on the top so use ur fingers to unclip it...once u get it out, make sure ur steering wheel is all the way down and out..then unplug and slide the panel face down out the side facing the door (make sure the doors open)
Old 08-21-10, 12:36 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vinconist
to take off the cluster, u first take the 2 screws on the top, then u remove the trim below the start button (it has the traction button on)..do the same for the other side (it helps if the doors open)...then there should be a screw on each side behind the trim, use a flashlight to find them and use a long philips, just make sure u dont drop the screw..when the bezel is removed, u wiggle the cluster out..there should be a clip on the top so use ur fingers to unclip it...once u get it out, make sure ur steering wheel is all the way down and out..then unplug and slide the panel face down out the side facing the door (make sure the doors open)
thanks for the info...
Old 08-23-10, 08:48 PM
tru350z
Rookie

Originally Posted by vinconist
Thanks for your help. So it is plug and play. no need for program correct?
Old 08-23-10, 09:19 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

^It's plug and play, but the oil temperature gauge won't work. Also the LED gear indicator won't display which gear you're in if you're in sport mode - it will just show "M" (as in "manual" mode on the IS-F).

Javier
Old 08-23-10, 09:20 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey javy. What year did you pull the f gauge off of. I'll try to see which wires are for the oil temp and gear selection.
Old 08-23-10, 09:21 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

^2008.

Javier
Old 08-24-10, 03:44 AM
vinconist
Pole Position

and if u wana change the color of the needle, take a sharpie, color it in, and then some nail polish remover and wipe it..the nail polish remover cant remove all of the ink so ur left with a very thin coat that equal and noticeable...getto/cheap/it works
Old 08-24-10, 08:52 AM
ptran
Rookie

I ******ed up my cluster for open it up. Right now the needle is stay below zero and I have to add 25mph to whatever on the reading so I hope you think twice before you start messing with it!
Old 08-24-10, 12:49 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You most likely went ahead of yourself, therefore you messed up. Opening the cluster will not cause it to break. The procedure you used to open it probably did.
Old 08-24-10, 06:57 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

to open it i think u need to remove the clips on the side and to remove the silver trim u need to unscrew the back if i rememeber correctly...i decided to spay paint the silver trim flat back and it looks pretty good
Old 08-24-10, 06:59 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

buy does anyone know if the isf ceiling hub would work with the isX50...like would the moon roof work?

Quick Reply: Want The Is-f Needles Look, How Do I Take Off The Cluster?