IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Will those wheels fit? START HERE.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-13, 10:07 PM
Woowee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
first of all, this has been covered in previous posts in this thread. people get tired of reading about the same questions regarding the same wheel specs over and over and over again. search is your best friend. seriously. /rant

having said that, please follow the recommendations carefully or you will **** up your fenders, fender liners, tires and/or even wheels - and i sure as hell will not be held responsible because you're a dumb**** (i'm not saying that you are; just that there have been those who were dumb****s).

front: rolled + naturally-pulled fenders, remove fender bolt, shaved fender tab (this tab is metal and is the part bolted to the bumper tab), trimmed-down bumper tab (this tab is plastic and is bolted to the fender tab). you'll need a self-taping metal screw to hold the bumper corner to the fender.

rear: rolled + naturally-pulled fenders, shave down fender/bumper tab (no need to remove rear fender/bumper bolt)

225/35-19 + 245/35-19. you may be able to get away w/ 255/35-19, but that is if you have enough clearance.

DO NOT RUN SPACERS. these are aggressive enough. running spacers will push the wheels out more, which means you'll have to run uber-stretched tires.

if you already have adjustable front and rear camber, then fine. but you don't need it to run these wheels and my recommended tire sizes w/ the fender modifications.
This is a silly question, but wha is naturally-pulled fenders mean? Will any shop that specialize in fender rolling know what that means?

thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-13, 10:09 PM
ThreeFive0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Woowee
This is a silly question, but wha is naturally-pulled fenders mean? Will any shop that specialize in fender rolling know what that means?

thanks in advance.
Nothing really. Just roll your fenders and it will naturally pull them without actually having to do anything at all. Just roll them.
Old 01-21-13, 10:31 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Woowee

thanks in advance.
see below.

Originally Posted by ThreeFive0
Nothing really. Just roll your fenders and it will naturally pull them without actually having to do anything at all. Just roll them.
naturally-pulled fenders is just that. when you have your fenders rolled, the force of the fender roller wheel will not only push the fender edge flat, but it will also slightly "pull" the fenders. this kind of a pull - a "natural" pull - is more preferable and is less work-intensive than other types of fender pulls.

as far as your questions (via your PM) are concerned, i would recommend stiffer spring rates for aggressive wheel fitment, but note that your ride quality will be affected. the stiffer spring rates are that so suspension travel is limited and that your wheels/tires don't end up doing a number on your fender (fender liner is okay, since it's just hard plastic).

i ran megan racing LP's, and they were very good @ 12k/8k. unless you are running uber-aggressive wheels and super-stretching tires, or are tracking your ISx50, you won't need super-high spring rates. 14k/12k on an ISx50 is getting pretty stiff, so i would consider going with softer spring rates.

hope this helps.
Old 01-21-13, 10:38 PM
ThreeFive0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
see below.

naturally-pulled fenders is just that. when you have your fenders rolled, the force of the fender roller wheel will not only push the fender edge flat, but it will also slightly "pull" the fenders. this kind of a pull - a "natural" pull - is more preferable and is less work-intensive than other types of fender pulls.
Yep, just what I said.
Old 01-22-13, 03:21 AM
koksik
Lead Lap

Whats the most agressive set up I can fit if my fenders will be shaved and pulled ( Im on air so by this Im getting bit negative camber as well
Im on 19x9+30, 19x10+25

Last edited by koksik; 01-22-13 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-22-13, 06:44 AM
ThreeFive0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by koksik
Whats the most agressive set up I can fit if my fenders will be shaved and pulled ( Im on air so by this Im getting bit negative camber as well
Im on 19x9+30, 19x10+25
I dont know the most aggressive, but I see a few people running 9.5 +22 10.5 +22. You will need to relocate your fender tab.
Old 01-22-13, 09:54 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

ordered my wheels today.

18 x 9.5 +30
18 x 10.5 +30

i didnt want 19"s in fear of excessive rubbing. now question is what kind of tire so i dont rub ? Im using Megan EZ's to lower the car. originally had the LP but reviews regarding the pillowball scared me. Now reviews regarding the Soft spring on the EZ are scaring me......might as well go BC BR ?
Old 01-22-13, 10:35 PM
Uda880
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Offspring
ordered my wheels today.

18 x 9.5 +30
18 x 10.5 +30

i didnt want 19"s in fear of excessive rubbing. now question is what kind of tire so i dont rub ? Im using Megan EZ's to lower the car. originally had the LP but reviews regarding the pillowball scared me. Now reviews regarding the Soft spring on the EZ are scaring me......might as well go BC BR ?
Regarding your wheels, it wasn't the fact that they were 19s, but rather the offsets were pretty low at 22. At those offsets, and slamming it with coilovers, you'll have to do some pretty extensive modifications to your fenders for them to fit.

Your current 18" setup is still slightly aggressive at +30 (mid-30s to low 40s is considered more conservative). At those widths and offsets, you'll definitely still have rubbing on your front plastic fender liners on turns, the rear *should* be fine, but it's closer than what I would call comfortable (I'll let others who have lowered cars chime in on this).
Old 01-22-13, 10:36 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ordered my wheels today.

18 x 9.5 +30
18 x 10.5 +30

225/35/18
245/35/18
this will be a setup for stretched tires which is best if you are trying to avoid rubbing issues. You shouldn't have that many issues as long as you at least roll your fenders. you might need a slight pull in the back. and if it were me i would play it safe and relocate the fender&bumper tabs. but if you don't want to run 'too' stretched go with
235/35/18
255/35/18

and IMO you should be fine with Megan's as long as you don't slam it to the ground. Even then, they are still decently good coilovers.

Last edited by RVCAis250; 01-22-13 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added more advice
Old 01-22-13, 10:57 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RVCAis250
225/35/18
245/35/18
this will be a setup for stretched tires which is best if you are trying to avoid rubbing issues. You shouldn't have that many issues as long as you at least roll your fenders. you might need a slight pull in the back. and if it were me i would play it safe and relocate the fender&bumper tabs. but if you don't want to run 'too' stretched go with
235/35/18
255/35/18

and IMO you should be fine with Megan's as long as you don't slam it to the ground. Even then, they are still decently good coilovers.
ill be leaving a 1 finger GAP or less. Not completely slammed. I agree about rolling my fenders if i can find a bodyshop willing to do it. Nobody from the memphis area are on this forums that i could ask/pay to roll my fenders properly.

Thank you for the tire suggestion. Ill wait for 1 or two more people to chime in and then ill pull the trigger on the megan EZ's
Old 01-22-13, 11:58 PM
ThreeFive0
Pole Position

ill be leaving a 1 finger GAP or less. Not completely slammed. I agree about rolling my fenders if i can find a bodyshop willing to do it. Nobody from the memphis area are on this forums that i could ask/pay to roll my fenders properly.

Thank you for the tire suggestion. Ill wait for 1 or two more people to chime in and then ill pull the trigger on the megan EZ's
I would steer away from EZ's. They are too soft and will travel a bit too much leading to rubbing issues. You might rethink the LP's or some BC BR's. I wish I got the stiffer springs on my BC BR's because I still rub on hard turns and dips on the highway, but then again, I am riding on a bit more of an aggressive setup. The above tire selection is right on.
Old 01-23-13, 12:22 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Only reason I didn't go Megan lp is the pillow all joint and the noise issue. Im OCD when it comes to these matters. Sounds like I'm better off with the bc br. Now for the spring rate.suggestions?
Old 01-23-13, 12:37 AM
ThreeFive0
Pole Position

Only reason I didn't go Megan lp is the pillow all joint and the noise issue. Im OCD when it comes to these matters. Sounds like I'm better off with the bc br. Now for the spring rate.suggestions?
Mine are 10k/8k and I rub on hard turns and dips; Im sittin with one finger gap. I wish I got something stiffer like 12k/10k so that I could go a bit lower.
Old 01-23-13, 12:58 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

12k/10k sounds about right. I might even go stiffer and just soften the dampening a bit.
Old 01-23-13, 02:13 PM
busychild
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2008 IS350 with 40k with stock suspension. I am wanting to use my Enkei RP01s on the car. I am more worried about the fitment than the asthetics. (running optional stock 18s) Here are the specs.

17 x 8, All around, +35

Additionally, if this will work, what tire size would be feasible.

Thank you in Advance.

Quick Reply: Will those wheels fit? START HERE.