IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Will those wheels fit? START HERE.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-13, 03:30 PM
350Nva
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been thinking about the enkei rpf1 in 19s staggered. whats the best size and offsets to go with? and will they even clear the is350 front calipers?
Old 02-03-13, 08:55 PM
MR2QIK
Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
i wouldn't consider spacers in the rear.

1. the sidewalls for a 245 or 255 will be upright on a 8.5"-wide wheel.
2. to run spacers to effectively reduce the offset of the wheels, you'll need to run stretched tires. on a 8.5"-wide wheel, you'll need run at least 215 for starters.

i would recommend starting with the standard +1 sizing for the 2is: 225/35-19 + 255/35-19.

if you really want to run spacers, 5mm is about it until you have to modify the fenders for tire clearance.

those will not fit.

1. ISx50's run 5x114.3, so those won't bolt up without adapters.
2. even if they could bolt up, you'll need to run stretched tires due to the widths and aggressive offsets.

look elsewhere for something that actually fits.
Thanks for the advice. In that case, I'll just mount the 255/35's & see how it looks without any spacer.
Old 02-04-13, 12:38 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

2007 RWD IS250, will these fit? I'm looking to drop on BC coils as well.

18x9.5 offset +12
19x10.5 offset +0
215-40-18 fronts and 245-35-19 rears
Old 02-04-13, 12:59 PM
NormandyIS
Rookie

Hey CL!

Im thinking about going with Linea Corse LC818s for my is350 and on wheeldude.com they only come in
19x8.5 +30
19x10 +38

I'm also going to lower my car on BC Coils to just cover the wheel gap and I was wondering whether or not this would work, would it rub, would I need to roll my fenders, and if they do rub how bad would it be?
Thank you! Any input would help.
Old 02-04-13, 01:04 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaydemm
2007 RWD IS250, will these fit? I'm looking to drop on BC coils as well.

18x9.5 offset +12
19x10.5 offset +0
215-40-18 fronts and 245-35-19 rears
Oh wow interesting setup. I'm interested in the end result if you choose to go with it.
But for your question, those specs are very aggresive on our cars, the tire sizes you chose are perfect and will be necessary. Extreme stretch on the front but you can do it. You will need to do the whole package of shaving your fenders down, pulling your fenders (you'll probly need a pretty aggresive pull). I had my fenders pulled for my offsets and they aren't nearly as low as yours and I barely clear. On top of that, you'll for sure need to shave out the bumper/fender tabs located in both the front and rear fender well. It all depends on how much you pull really, but after that it also matters on how low you want to go. I know you say coilovers but are you going slammed? Or mild drop? Or tucking tire?
Old 02-04-13, 01:07 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NormandyIS
Hey CL!

Im thinking about going with Linea Corse LC818s for my is350 and on wheeldude.com they only come in
19x8.5 +30
19x10 +38

I'm also going to lower my car on BC Coils to just cover the wheel gap and I was wondering whether or not this would work, would it rub, would I need to roll my fenders, and if they do rub how bad would it be?
Thank you! Any input would help.
Those offsets are good. I don't believe you need a roll because you wont be slamming your car so you should be fine but it also depends on what tire sizes you will be going with? I would do 215/35 Front and 245/35 Rear. And with that, you should be good.
Old 02-04-13, 01:10 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RVCAis250
Oh wow interesting setup. I'm interested in the end result if you choose to go with it.
But for your question, those specs are very aggresive on our cars, the tire sizes you chose are perfect and will be necessary. Extreme stretch on the front but you can do it. You will need to do the whole package of shaving your fenders down, pulling your fenders (you'll probly need a pretty aggresive pull). I had my fenders pulled for my offsets and they aren't nearly as low as yours and I barely clear. On top of that, you'll for sure need to shave out the bumper/fender tabs located in both the front and rear fender well. It all depends on how much you pull really, but after that it also matters on how low you want to go. I know you say coilovers but are you going slammed? Or mild drop? Or tucking tire?

I live in so cal and the streets and freeways by me are a bit bumpy, so i want to be able to have a good stance, not too slammed, but a little more than a mild drop. I'm looking for it to be flush with the fenders or a little tuck. Not too sure yet.

These are the rims that the guy is selling to me. I just wanna make sure it'll be able to work with the IS. I don't mind fender rolling and pull.

Old 02-04-13, 01:31 PM
ThreeFive0
Pole Position

I live in so cal and the streets and freeways by me are a bit bumpy, so i want to be able to have a good stance, not too slammed, but a little more than a mild drop. I'm looking for it to be flush with the fenders or a little tuck. Not too sure yet.

These are the rims that the guy is selling to me. I just wanna make sure it'll be able to work with the IS. I don't mind fender rolling and pull.

Those are some serious offsets! You will have to run some serious neg. camber or else they will stick out more than an inch. Im running 10.5 +22 with a neg. camber of 3.4-3.7 which really runs through tires. You have another 22 mm's that you will have to adjust for depending on how low you want to go, (im sitting at one finger gap). You will need a good pull on your rears. The same goes for you fronts. Did these come off a nissan 240, g35? Those offsets would be aggressive on those cars, lol.
Old 02-04-13, 01:40 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ThreeFive0
Those are some serious offsets! You will have to run some serious neg. camber or else they will stick out more than an inch. Im running 10.5 +22 with a neg. camber of 3.4-3.7 which really runs through tires. You have another 22 mm's that you will have to adjust for depending on how low you want to go, (im sitting at one finger gap). You will need a good pull on your rears. The same goes for you fronts. Did these come off a nissan 240, g35? Those offsets would be aggressive on those cars, lol.
Yeah the guy said it was off his G35
Old 02-04-13, 02:22 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I'm in SoCal too. Freeways are not that bad but could be better haha.
Those wheels are nice though I like the color. Anyways, if you are willing to pull and modify your fenders I'd say go for it. Just keep in mind you will have camber. idk about ^^^ threefive0 ^^^ but I have practically the same offsets, slightly more aggressive, and I surely don't have -3.7 camber. I have -1.9 which is still something but nothing to freak out about. It all depends on how well you pull and shave/roll your fenders really. You probly will need to add camber arms unless you do a huge pull but there's only so far you can pull it without fracturing paint in the quarter panel. The fronts aren't too bad, it's just the back that I'm afraid is to aggressive on our 2IS. But like I said. Enough pull &/or camber will make it work.
Old 02-04-13, 03:29 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what kind of modifications am I looking at for the rear of an IS350 if I went with:

19 x 10+25 rim
265/35/19 tire

If i lower to 1 or 2 finger gap? Can i get away with just natural camber and rolling, or would relocation of the rear bumper tab be required.
Old 02-04-13, 03:41 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by edgeucated
what kind of modifications am I looking at for the rear of an IS350 if I went with:

19 x 10+25 rim
265/35/19 tire

If i lower to 1 or 2 finger gap? Can i get away with just natural camber and rolling, or would relocation of the rear bumper tab be required.
I would go with 255/35. 265 is a little too beefy unless you wanted to. If you go with 255 you should be fine with natural camber and if you pull then you should have no worries if you don't go lower than 1-2 finger gap
Old 02-04-13, 04:19 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go with 255/35. 265 is a little too beefy unless you wanted to. If you go with 255 you should be fine with natural camber and if you pull then you should have no worries if you don't go lower than 1-2 finger gap
If i want to go with a 265 would I still require a pull, or can I get away with a roll?

Would it be easier to fit a 275/30 tire on the rear as compared to a 265/35?
Old 02-04-13, 04:46 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by edgeucated
If i want to go with a 265 would I still require a pull, or can I get away with a roll?

Would it be easier to fit a 275/30 tire on the rear as compared to a 265/35?
Not necessarily. 265/35 will not be a stretch on those rims so as far as it being 'easier' I don't think it'll make much of a difference. It's just personal preference at that point. If you use 265/35 I'd definitely roll but you shouldn't have to pull. It'll naturally pull itself slightly when you roll it.
Old 02-04-13, 05:32 PM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Yeah I'm in SoCal too. Freeways are not that bad but could be better haha.
Those wheels are nice though I like the color. Anyways, if you are willing to pull and modify your fenders I'd say go for it. Just keep in mind you will have camber. idk about ^^^ threefive0 ^^^ but I have practically the same offsets, slightly more aggressive, and I surely don't have -3.7 camber. I have -1.9 which is still something but nothing to freak out about. It all depends on how well you pull and shave/roll your fenders really. You probly will need to add camber arms unless you do a huge pull but there's only so far you can pull it without fracturing paint in the quarter panel. The fronts aren't too bad, it's just the back that I'm afraid is to aggressive on our 2IS. But like I said. Enough pull &/or camber will make it work.
i really appreciate the help. This is the exact rims/color i wanna get for my SGM, but i don't wanna do major work to my rear fenders. So i'll probably wait til i find another good deal or save up for a brand new set. Or maybe if i can get the price down i'll see what i can do. The guy is asking $1000 with somewhat new tires. Varrstoen te37 reps

Quick Reply: Will those wheels fit? START HERE.