IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HIDextra 6k lows don't match 6k fogs. solution anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 02:23 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default HIDextra 6k lows don't match 6k fogs. solution anyone?

hey guys,

i got this kit back in the fall. i purchased 6k lows and fog kit from them and the d4s lows are purple. there are some other people that have the same problem. i was wondering who had factory hid with afs that has purchased aftermarket hid 6k and are they white with a hint of blue? if so what brand?

my fogs are perfect! i will post pics tonight to show the difference.

thanks,

bryan

Last edited by BS ISF; 03-18-10 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-18-10, 02:46 PM
LycheeXD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EGI IS350
hey guys,

i got this kit back in the fall. i purchased 6k lows and fog kit from them and the d4s lows are purple. there are some other people that have the same problem. i was wondering who had factory hid with afs that has purchased aftermarket hid 6k and are they white with a hint of blue? if so what brand?

thanks,

bryan
i have the same exact problem! did you get it from hidxtra? if so you can contact them and they will replace it, im trying to get mine replaced right now too
Old 03-18-10, 02:51 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

6000K shouldn't look purple. It should be white with a hint of blue like your fogs. But yeah let HIDextra know about it and hope everything gets worked out bro.
Old 03-18-10, 02:52 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Originally Posted by LycheeXD
i have the same exact problem! did you get it from hidxtra? if so you can contact them and they will replace it, im trying to get mine replaced right now too
yes. michelle already told me they don't have anything that will match perfectly. so that's why i'm seeing what other brands come out the right color.
Old 03-18-10, 03:05 PM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

Initially got my HIDs from HIDextra was very dissatisfied with color and also the lights kept flickering off. My friend told me to order 55w slim ballast from http://www.ddmtuning.com/. got 6k lows and fogs. Very satisfied up to this day.
Old 03-18-10, 03:09 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Originally Posted by rukkus2IS
Initially got my HIDs from HIDextra was very dissatisfied with color and also the lights kept flickering off. My friend told me to order 55w slim ballast from http://www.ddmtuning.com/. got 6k lows and fogs. Very satisfied up to this day.
thanks for the info but just looking for the low bulbs to match. my fogs already look right on. does ddmtuning's 6k low look white with a hint of blue?
Old 03-18-10, 03:11 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rukkus2IS
I hope that you are not using kit bulbs with the 55w ballasts. Because it will burn up the chrome in the projectors.
Old 03-18-10, 04:54 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 6000K kit for both my fogs and low beams from HIDExtra. They were purchased at different times and they both match, color wise, perfectly. Did you check to make sure that the kits they sent you are both 6000K?
Old 03-18-10, 05:27 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL, this thread is hilarious

The lows go through the projector and it is changing the color. Just like any other light prism.
You will have to get 5k lows and 6k fogs to match.

I'd say if your standing far enough away they will look the same now.
Old 03-18-10, 06:51 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the reason with your color inconsistency is due to the inferior production and product quality of those D4S bulbs, as inferior production quality will lead to inferior quality bulbs, which leads to these inferior-quality bulbs producing a mismatched light color/color temperature rating.

on the other hand, high-quality D4S bulbs will produce the proper light color output/color temperature rating. they may be slightly more expensive, but the price differential is worth it imo.

i'd try spending more money on higher quality bulbs. so far, aside from the oem D4S bulbs manufactured by philips and the philips ultinons (which are not retailed in the US and will cost a LOT to get), the only other brand i've seen that are not just of high quality but actually produce the properly-rated color temperature/light color output are the Garax D4S bulbs.

i believe CL vendor CLT (carlighttrends.com) are retailing the Garax D4S bulbs. i'd return the bulbs from HIDextra and ordering a set from CLT.
Old 03-18-10, 07:56 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Originally Posted by EGI IS350
hey guys,

thanks,

bryan
^^ Dang I had the same problem you have. I ordered the 6000k d4s bulbs from Hidxtra. They told me they're were white. When I installed them they were purple.
I returned them imediately,
Pm them and tell them.
That they are selling 6000k purple bulbs NOT WHITE 6000k !!!
Old 03-18-10, 08:36 PM
albis350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damm I have a set of HIDExtra in my lows and they are white and bright as hell...now I'm scare of buying my fogs and not matching...also find weird HidExtra hasnt replied to this thread their customer service is pretty good, anybody post this problem in their threads to c wat they say about it...
Old 03-19-10, 01:35 AM
LycheeXD
Driver School Candidate

wow... in a way im kinda glad im not the only one with this problem... did anyone send in their purple 6000k and get back another one with the right color?
Old 03-19-10, 01:51 AM
isejay
Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
the reason with your color inconsistency is due to the inferior production and product quality of those D4S bulbs, as inferior production quality will lead to inferior quality bulbs, which leads to these inferior-quality bulbs producing a mismatched light color/color temperature rating.

on the other hand, high-quality D4S bulbs will produce the proper light color output/color temperature rating. they may be slightly more expensive, but the price differential is worth it imo.

i'd try spending more money on higher quality bulbs. so far, aside from the oem D4S bulbs manufactured by philips and the philips ultinons (which are not retailed in the US and will cost a LOT to get), the only other brand i've seen that are not just of high quality but actually produce the properly-rated color temperature/light color output are the Garax D4S bulbs.

i believe CL vendor CLT (carlighttrends.com) are retailing the Garax D4S bulbs. i'd return the bulbs from HIDextra and ordering a set from CLT.
+1 I had purchased bulbs a few months ago from HIDextra also and received d4s bulbs in 6k with a purple hue. I wasn't satisfied so I ended up purchasing the garax d4s bulbs in 6k from CLT and they were pure white, no purple hue.
Old 03-19-10, 10:15 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

thanks for all the replies. i'm just going to return them and buy a higher quality d4s bulb.

Quick Reply: HIDextra 6k lows don't match 6k fogs. solution anyone?