IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

??? Calling all dyna owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-10, 11:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw, consider changing to low dust front pads, it's worth the trouble and they are free while the car is under warranty.
Old 03-22-10, 11:37 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

PM wheeldude and see what he can do.....GL
Old 03-22-10, 11:46 AM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
btw, consider changing to low dust front pads, it's worth the trouble and they are free while the car is under warranty.
well i had them change to the low dust ones long time ago. But they got bad. They were screeching like crazy and were messing up my disk. I went and bought new pads from Lexus dealer about 3 months ago and installed them.. turns out the sold me the Old super dust pads... I tried to tell them i wanted the low dust pads but they could not even find the regular ones (they actually sold me 250 pads and i had to go back to trade them) ...

This is why i don't do anything to my car myself anymore. NOTHING i ever do come out right... Not exaggerating. In my life EVERY SINGLE time i did an oil change on my other cars i had one of the following problems: wrong filter, wrong tools, wrong jack, wrong socket, filter too tight, filter out of reach, Drain plug too tight, drain plug wont grab.....

Thats why on my lex i never do anything my self anymore... but to safe some cash (brake service is well in the $600 range) i did it my self.. Removed everything. Cleaned it all out with brake cleaner. Put grease in the chims. right when i was ready to put them on i noticed the pads were the wrong size... when i came out of the dealer again after finding a ride, it was like 30 degrees and like 30 mph winds that kicked in.. boy it was awful....
Old 03-22-10, 12:22 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

mxis350 - Sorry to hear about all the bad experiences with Lexus dealer, time to get start using another one.
Old 03-22-10, 02:04 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS-SV
mxis350 - Sorry to hear about all the bad experiences with Lexus dealer, time to get start using another one.
I wish! It the only Lexus dealer in town.

I remember when I still had warranty. I got a loaner once. I had to do a trip to AZ. I asked them if it was ok for me to take the loaner sense my Lexus was at the dealer because i took it in for something and a day later my entire fuze box and harnesst burned and left me on the side of the road. Anyway they told us NO. I understand and was ok with it. Got my car back. Went back for something else wrong. got fixed. then my wife was scheduling another visit for ANOTHER thing wrong with the car. The guy on the phone told her we were not going to get a loaner. My girl asked why. Then another guy got on the phone and started literally screaming at my wife!! Telling her "YOU WILL NEVER AGAIN GET A CAR FROM US BECAUSE YOU TAKE THEM TO PHOENIX!!" I was driving and even i could hear him. I got pist off because we NEVER went out of town on the loaners. My wife hung up the cell and called the manager. The manager was better but you could tell he was on the dealers side. Later that week when we took our car in, our service advisor deeply apologized.

But my service degraded much over time when i had warranty.. I think its because my car had quite a few problems big and small and they just got sick of us complaining. I think we reached their max $$/pre customer for warranty cover....
Old 03-23-10, 12:53 AM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
of course, you can get the waffle weave type, use nothing but mf on your car, NO CALI WATER BLADE/NO LEATHER/NO TERRYCLOTH... only mf towels and always do one section then rinse even if you just washed the car, frequent rinsing ppl... always fold the towels and as they get dirty turn to a clean side.

time to go shopping for some mf towels lol. shamwow shall be used for cleaning countertops LLOL

mxis350: hope wheeldude can do something about it! GL
Old 03-23-10, 09:43 AM
mxis350
Lead Lap

I bought a pack of 8 MF towels and 3 Short hair MF buffing towels!! There is this foam CONE at autozone, i think i will be buying it and wrapping it with a MF towel! To put it on my drill and make things a little faster.
Old 03-23-10, 09:53 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

I'm not too sure I'd use the cone and I'm not sure how it would be faster. If you clean your car often enough, you should just be able to rinse with water and soap, then clean with MF towel. Anything more than that is not really necessary and could cause scratches, etc.