IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

??? Calling all dyna owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-10, 01:45 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? Calling all dyna owners

Hey guys i have a problem. I have owned some Lenia Corse Dynas for about 3-4 weeks now. Everyone keeps telling me that one of my rear wheels is "too light and different color" (i have all hyper black btw) I keep telling them it just looks that way because of the extreme brake dust of our cars in the front.

But the other rear looks just like the fronts???

Here are some pics. tell me if you see a difference in color and if this is just normal of the build prosses.

Ok here are the pictures. The 2 front and this one rear wheel look like this.

One of the rears looks like this.... keep in mind the pictures were taken just 2 minutes ago. I took the picture on the shade side of the car then turned the car around and took the other picture as close to the same position as i could.

Is this such a bid difference that i should be trying to get this wheel replaced?? People don't notice until they stop and really look at the car. Most don't say anything but then i ask if they see a difference and they say "yea i did't want to say anything because i thought thats just the way they are supposed to be, but they do look different"

Last edited by mxis350; 03-21-10 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 02:23 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

pics are up! what you guys think? definitely different right??
Old 03-21-10, 02:25 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

definitely looks lighter than the other 3. you should prolly call up wheeldude and see what they can do about it. didn't you notice the difference when you first got them?
Old 03-21-10, 02:26 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 293 Likes on 232 Posts

Can you post a picture of your car?
Old 03-21-10, 02:33 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shuturmout
definitely looks lighter than the other 3. you should prolly call up wheeldude and see what they can do about it. didn't you notice the difference when you first got them?
Well when i got them i had a few problems installing them and it was late. Then day i finally got them installed literally at 9 p.m. and i hit the road from AZ to NM. By the time i got to my house in NM people would point them out but i would just blame the front brake dust. Then for no reason i looked at the other rear tire and definitely saw the difference even after i washed them all..
Old 03-21-10, 02:34 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 different finishes!
Old 03-21-10, 02:37 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Here is another pic. The rear is the bad on. compare it to the front. its hard to see but look at the spokes were the light hits them.. you can tell the rear is kind of missing a shade of black. Did not take pictures of the full car because the camera wont capture the difference

and more pics.

Last edited by mxis350; 03-21-10 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 02:46 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

also. anyone know how i can clean my wheels whit out scratching them?? look at the first picture. I used a Sham WOW to clean it and it left tiny scratches already..... im considering buying that puff ball that goes on the drill... Is that any good??
Old 03-21-10, 02:51 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it's that bad really but it's worth a shot to see if he'll replace it for u...
Old 03-21-10, 03:05 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mxis350
also. anyone know how i can clean my wheels whit out scratching them?? look at the first picture. I used a Sham WOW to clean it and it left tiny scratches already..... im considering buying that puff ball that goes on the drill... Is that any good??
omg... never ever use a shamwow on ANY PART OF YOUR CAR... EVER~

to clean your rims, put some car soap in a spray bottle and fill with water, same amount ratio as washing your car with a bucket. spray with soap and ONLY USE microfiber towels, THATS IT. no chemical rim cleaner sprays from meguiers/mothers NOTHING, just car soap n water n mf towels.
Old 03-21-10, 03:14 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Thanks!! got it!! How bout the drill ball to clean hard to reach places??
Old 03-21-10, 03:39 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
omg... never ever use a shamwow on ANY PART OF YOUR CAR... EVER~

to clean your rims, put some car soap in a spray bottle and fill with water, same amount ratio as washing your car with a bucket. spray with soap and ONLY USE microfiber towels, THATS IT. no chemical rim cleaner sprays from meguiers/mothers NOTHING, just car soap n water n mf towels.
lol i just bought two rolls of shamwow...

do you use microfiber towels to clean and dry your car as well?
Old 03-21-10, 03:40 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
I don't think it's that bad really but it's worth a shot to see if he'll replace it for u...
lol it's bad when other ppl can point out the difference to you
Old 03-21-10, 04:01 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mxis350
Thanks!! got it!! How bout the drill ball to clean hard to reach places??
get a popsicle stick (or even a plastic something, like toothbrush), drape the mf towel over it and use that. I use this on the rim face/barrel bolts, from swissvax :

Originally Posted by shuturmout
*ignores first part*...do you use microfiber towels to clean and dry your car as well?
of course, you can get the waffle weave type, use nothing but mf on your car, NO CALI WATER BLADE/NO LEATHER/NO TERRYCLOTH... only mf towels and always do one section then rinse even if you just washed the car, frequent rinsing ppl... always fold the towels and as they get dirty turn to a clean side.

Last edited by llamaboiz; 03-21-10 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-22-10, 11:26 AM
mxis350
Lead Lap

so its nice and sunny outside. Wheels are clean. OHHHH yea they are for sure not matching... left wheeldude a p.m. se what happens next!

Quick Reply: ??? Calling all dyna owners