IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Big A$$ Turkey Flew In To My IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-10 | 05:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tromly
At least it was a real turkey, I got hit by a BMW a few years ago, now that driver was a turkey !
At least the real turkey only messed up the one mirror and he died doing it.
Old 03-23-10 | 08:22 PM
Hoovey689

Sorry to see that (although I did laugh when I read the word "explode" lol). Yeah we have a fair few amount of wild turkey and deer around the Mt. Diablo area
Old 03-23-10 | 11:24 PM
dembou
Rookie

Considering no one has been hurt (except for the turkey, rabbit and birds) and damage was minimal, I have to say that I have LMAO reading these posts. I ran over a cat once because like the rabbit, it apparently wanted to die. These animals always decide to move toward danger instead of away from it, good thing we don't ride motorcycles... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4HauJvRtE4
Old 03-24-10 | 12:42 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

this reminds me of when a veyron crashed into a lake to avoid a bird
Old 03-24-10 | 01:24 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dembou
I ran over a cat once because like the rabbit, it apparently wanted to die.
That's not good.

My cat once got hit by a car. Came home badly wounded. Had surgery on his umm.. rear left paw and thankfully he's fine now. That was a few years ago.

It was really awful to see that and to think what kind of a driver would do that. My cat is big and white, there is no way you could not see him when you're driving

ok, got that out of my system
Old 03-24-10 | 09:39 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by lex
That's not good.

My cat once got hit by a car. Came home badly wounded. Had surgery on his umm.. rear left paw and thankfully he's fine now. That was a few years ago.

It was really awful to see that and to think what kind of a driver would do that. My cat is big and white, there is no way you could not see him when you're driving

Ya that's very sad. I'm not for hitting cats or dogs, obviously, but turkeys and deer that are blatantly just standing in the middle of traffic...it's very odd and makes you wonder, "do they have a death wish?". Obviously we're driving on THEIR land, I guess you could argue, but not only can it be traumatic when you kill an animal, depending on who you are, but it can seriously screw up your IS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-10 | 09:40 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I accelerate when I see turkeys, when driving my Jeep.
Old 03-24-10 | 12:12 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Dang flying turkeys!!! lmao, that sucks but atleast your ok.
Old 03-24-10 | 12:15 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-J
Dang flying turkeys!!! lmao, that sucks but atleast your ok.
Part of the problems is those dang turkeys don't fly very well.
Old 03-24-10 | 01:55 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbo_LX
hmmm... put it this way. You should be set for this year's thanksgiving.
Assuming he has a Big *** freezer to store it in.
Old 03-28-10 | 07:41 AM
dembou
Rookie

Originally Posted by lex
That's not good.

Everybody loves their pets, some as much as a family member. Obviously we dont want to run into no kind of creature either for emotional reasons or damage to the vehicle, or both! Sometimes it is just inevitable, its not like we are looking to run over something, but if something gets in the way theres not much one could do... In my case the cat just ran towards the car at last second and even with time to react, the only option was to crash into a house in a narrow street... what would you have done?

Sorry about what happend to your cat but I am pretty sure it was not on purpose and maybe you should not leave it loose woundering around in the first place.
Old 03-28-10 | 01:02 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Turkeys are actually supposed to be pretty smart guys. Benjamin Franklin even wanted to make them our national bird. Maybe this one was just retarded. To the OP: Be glad it was just a mirror, my brother creamed a deer and it took out his entire front bumper and windshield. He was paranoid for about 3 months and still doesn't like driving at night.
Old 03-29-10 | 09:32 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by brociouz
Turkeys are actually supposed to be pretty smart guys. Benjamin Franklin even wanted to make them our national bird. Maybe this one was just retarded. To the OP: Be glad it was just a mirror, my brother creamed a deer and it took out his entire front bumper and windshield. He was paranoid for about 3 months and still doesn't like driving at night.
Oh no, I feel veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrry lucky. After getting the car back and really taking a look at what COULD have happened, I was thankful. The cost was still way too much, but it is what it is. I don't drive that way to work anymore for that exact reason, I am way too paranoid still. I'm sure I'll be over it soon, but the thought of blowing close to $1000 again on some stupid bird doesn't get me excited.