IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Owner...new accident...new wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-10, 11:07 PM
JParadise
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner...new accident...new wheels!

First off, this is my first post and I am new to the car world.I've been a lifted vehicle guy my entire life with jeeps for crawling to super dutys so big they are just stupid. My most recent was a Tacoma that I did a simple 3" lift on one Sunday afternoon and honestly fell in love with it. I dont know what it was about that truck but I loved it...but I moved from TX to GA and sold all my toys and didnt need the truck anymore.

Given my profession and clients that would be riding with me I decided either a BMW 5 series or Tahoe LTZ/Yukon Denali would replace the lifted Tacoma. Well I got to the BMW dealership but I never even made it to driving the 5 series becasue my fiance/wife hated the interior and just thought it looked like an old mans car (im 29 and she's 25). That was the end of that...and I dont like any acuras infinitis or mercedes within my price range. My parents have an es350 and ls460and I loved my toyota so I decided to stop by the lexus dealer to see the GS. Again, the significant other called it an old man car(no offense to you GS owners out there) We both decided test drove the is350 at the salesman recommendation...sold!

I did a bit of shopping and found an 07 IS350 in black with nav and went with it...the first problem is I looked like every other IS owner on the road with the bone stock car and those silve rims. So I started looking into mods but I really want to keep this streetable so it seems 20's and coilovers are probably out of the question. Those staggered Vossens without a lip are the sexiest wheels ive seen on an IS and I want them so bad but we're buying a house also so my cash is going elsewhere right now unfortunately. but...

2 weeks after I bought the car, a girl is yapping/texting on her cell and decides to cut over 3 lanes without looking and takes out my front fender, screws the light, rim and bumper. All state insurance adjusted it at 2800 in damages. First question, since its so low will it show on the car fax as an accident? Im guessing yes but the same thing happened in my tacoma and it never showed up on car fax...but then again I never got the tacoma fixed at a body shop, I just took the check and fixed it myself with aftermarket parts.

Anyways my main point, I decided that since I had to get 1 rim repaired, I might as well get it done a bit different right...along with the three others...and find a way for her insurance company to cover it...its the least they can do given the loss I'l take trying to resell the car. So the car is black and I chose a very dark hyper silver finish for the wheels. They are going to be powder coated black then 3 coats of the hyper silver applied to make them pop...similar to the is-f but darker from what the wheel guy said?? Im nervous as hell about how its going to turn out. I have the 10 spoke rims and should hopefully have them back by this weekend. Ill post up pics

Anyone have any pics to share of something similar?
Old 03-25-10, 04:58 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome to CL..
Old 03-25-10, 10:54 AM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to CL!..
Old 03-25-10, 11:10 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

welcome to CL.
Old 03-25-10, 11:40 AM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pics?........
Old 03-25-10, 11:47 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by JParadise
First off, this is my first post and I am new to the car world.I've been a lifted vehicle guy my entire life with jeeps for crawling to super dutys so big they are just stupid. My most recent was a Tacoma that I did a simple 3" lift on one Sunday afternoon and honestly fell in love with it. I dont know what it was about that truck but I loved it...but I moved from TX to GA and sold all my toys and didnt need the truck anymore.

Given my profession and clients that would be riding with me I decided either a BMW 5 series or Tahoe LTZ/Yukon Denali would replace the lifted Tacoma. Well I got to the BMW dealership but I never even made it to driving the 5 series becasue my fiance/wife hated the interior and just thought it looked like an old mans car (im 29 and she's 25). That was the end of that...and I dont like any acuras infinitis or mercedes within my price range. My parents have an es350 and ls460and I loved my toyota so I decided to stop by the lexus dealer to see the GS. Again, the significant other called it an old man car(no offense to you GS owners out there) We both decided test drove the is350 at the salesman recommendation...sold!

I did a bit of shopping and found an 07 IS350 in black with nav and went with it...the first problem is I looked like every other IS owner on the road with the bone stock car and those silve rims. So I started looking into mods but I really want to keep this streetable so it seems 20's and coilovers are probably out of the question. Those staggered Vossens without a lip are the sexiest wheels ive seen on an IS and I want them so bad but we're buying a house also so my cash is going elsewhere right now unfortunately. but...

2 weeks after I bought the car, a girl is yapping/texting on her cell and decides to cut over 3 lanes without looking and takes out my front fender, screws the light, rim and bumper. All state insurance adjusted it at 2800 in damages. First question, since its so low will it show on the car fax as an accident? Im guessing yes but the same thing happened in my tacoma and it never showed up on car fax...but then again I never got the tacoma fixed at a body shop, I just took the check and fixed it myself with aftermarket parts.

Anyways my main point, I decided that since I had to get 1 rim repaired, I might as well get it done a bit different right...along with the three others...and find a way for her insurance company to cover it...its the least they can do given the loss I'l take trying to resell the car. So the car is black and I chose a very dark hyper silver finish for the wheels. They are going to be powder coated black then 3 coats of the hyper silver applied to make them pop...similar to the is-f but darker from what the wheel guy said?? Im nervous as hell about how its going to turn out. I have the 10 spoke rims and should hopefully have them back by this weekend. Ill post up pics

Anyone have any pics to share of something similar?
I could be wrong, but I think if there is an insurance claim it will show up on Carfax
Old 03-25-10, 12:26 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EJC
I could be wrong, but I think if there is an insurance claim it will show up on Carfax
Not true in most cases.
Old 03-25-10, 01:03 PM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pics of your old truck? I've always wanted a toyota truck.