IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

holy moly 18" wheels for $59 each!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-10, 12:06 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's funny as hell!! Brembo brakes with Rota's?!?! hahaha

I've heard or Rials before and they actually have one set that looks pretty good. And they come step lip!

Last edited by iSuxeL; 03-25-10 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-25-10, 12:07 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
not to mention the offset is 0. I hope you like your wheels sticking out past your fenders.
no, the offset is 40 and 45 for the other one, as stated on the site.
Old 03-25-10, 12:15 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think anything under 400 per wheel is pretty crap lol
or like tenzo quality

unless its on a sale or somthing
Old 03-25-10, 01:32 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shuturmout
...a forum member just bought new wheels for $159 each (made in china) and posted pics, and cl guys gave him props. so why hate on these wheels (made in turkey, if that makes any difference, i don't know lol) when they were $179 originally?
i never give props on knockoff wheels, you should review who are the members are who gave 'him' props, meaning check their bonifides to see if their opinions should be listened to or not~... im not trying to sound like some elitest just saying, becareful of who you take your advise form here...

do not buy those rims, save your money for real deal rims.
Old 03-25-10, 01:50 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

I know I'm going to regret this, but ...

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/rial/rial-wheels.jsp
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21349

I know it's popular to hate on wheels if they aren't expensive or don't come from the big 3 wheel manufacturer's talked about here, but there are a number of reviews on this company (which is over 30 years old), and most of the reviews are fairly positive. Simply Google the company and start reading the reviews....

Personally, these wheels aren't my style, but most of the feedback you are currently getting has nothing to do with the company, the construction, or personal experience with the wheels. To be frank, many of the comments I've heard are just biased and somewhat snobby) feedback justifying their own purchases/expenditures.

I'd say do your own research and decide because although I love this forum when it comes to wheels ... this is not a place to get objective feedback
Old 03-25-10, 06:11 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I don't think they look that bad and for the price you really can't beat it. Personally I wouldn't buy them because if I were to buy wheels, I would prefer to go bigger than my stock 18's. They may not be the best quality, but for $59 a wheel, WTH. Give them a try.
Old 03-25-10, 06:22 PM
Toymota
Pole Position

They are on closeout and there aren't enough in stock to get a full set of four...
Old 03-25-10, 11:07 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually let me correct myself, i've been giving this subject some thought... these rims would be PERFECT when you need to take your car into the dealership, so if the lot monkeys damage it = nothing to worry about.
Old 03-25-10, 11:35 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rebs

I know it's popular to hate on wheels if they aren't expensive

most of the feedback you are currently getting has nothing to do with the company, the construction, or personal experience with the wheels. To be frank, many of the comments I've heard are just biased and somewhat snobby) feedback justifying their own purchases/expenditures.

I'd say do your own research and decide because although I love this forum when it comes to wheels ... this is not a place to get objective feedback
yeah that's what i've been noticing when it comes to wheels. there seems to be a biased opinion about inexpensive wheels. e90 guys didnt say a bad thing about the rial wheels, while cl guys views here are quite... obvious lol.

like i said, i am not trying to buy wheels right now. since i've never seen this kinda price i was curious to see what your views on a $59 wheel was, , and i got them quite clearly hahaha.

but i would definintely consider the wheels that isuxeL posted. that one looks niceee haha
Old 03-26-10, 01:17 AM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

To each their own, not everyone can afford baller wheels do what ever makes you happy i say. Its your car and your vision
Old 03-26-10, 02:43 AM
king06
Rookie

Originally Posted by L-S-D
i think anything under 400 per wheel is pretty crap lol
or like tenzo quality

unless its on a sale or somthing
So im gussing you devised a cost basis function to determine this price? Or did you choose that number because the forgestar f10s that you just ordered happen to barely make the cut?
Old 03-26-10, 05:20 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the design....AND I would rock em for a drag setup if they were lighter. But, they only come in 8" width and that aint gonna cut it.
Old 03-26-10, 11:03 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 314 Likes on 273 Posts

I got some Rial Azuka wheels for my son's rice cooker about 5 years ago and they were just fine. Unless you're prepared to shell out $400 to $600 for BBS and the like, most of the aftermarket wheels are the pretty much same and perfectly adequate for general use. I've had as many problems with OEM name brand rims as I have with aftermarket rims over the years. Most of the naysayers don't know what they are talking about.
Old 03-26-10, 10:24 PM
korupt1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rebs

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/rial/rial-wheels.jsp
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21349

I know it's popular to hate on wheels if they aren't expensive or don't come from the big 3 wheel manufacturer's talked about here, but there are a number of reviews on this company (which is over 30 years old), and most of the reviews are fairly positive. Simply Google the company and start reading the reviews....

Personally, these wheels aren't my style, but most of the feedback you are currently getting has nothing to do with the company, the construction, or personal experience with the wheels. To be frank, many of the comments I've heard are just biased and somewhat snobby) feedback justifying their own purchases/expenditures.

REBS I jst wanted to say that was a very well formulated opinion and I personally agree with you 100%. We all started with cheap wheels and for soe of us Tenzos used to be awesome. Frankly I think paying $1,000.00 + per rim is absurd but the quality is undeniable at that price. I personally know of some companies that put out forged wheels that are not super light but still maintain great craftsmanship and do not cost as much as the 4 main brand names that are over hyped on forums. Jst wanted to give PROPS for a great hate free post
Old 03-27-10, 06:06 AM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
That's funny as hell!! Brembo brakes with Rota's?!?! hahaha

I've heard or Rials before and they actually have one set that looks pretty good. And they come step lip!
brembo brakes with rotas because the brembo is oem

Quick Reply: holy moly 18" wheels for $59 each!