Lip wont fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 12:16 AM
mTalion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lip wont fit

Hey everyone,
I just received my front lip spoiler from Bayson R motorsports today. I bought the 09 version but it doesn't seem to fit on my car. When I put it on, the indents for the foglights seem about right but when I put one side on first, the other side ends up being about 1inch short. I was just wondering what I should do?
-See if a bodyshop can make it fit?
-Ask Bayson for another lip?
Old 03-26-10, 12:20 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

take a pic and send it to manufacturer
Old 03-26-10, 12:21 AM
mTalion
Driver School Candidate

I was going to do that tommorrow morning, will they refund the whole thing? And do I have to pay to ship the defected lip back?
Old 03-26-10, 12:24 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why didn't you have them test fit it on the spot?
Old 03-26-10, 12:25 AM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a pic, might be normal and you had to bend the bumper a little bit so you can have the lip snap on with a perfect fit.
Old 03-26-10, 12:27 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i'm not trying to be rude, but what did you expect out of a replica lip - spot-on fitment?
Old 03-26-10, 12:28 AM
mTalion
Driver School Candidate

Well someone said they went down and it fit perfectly, I don't live near San Jose so I had it shipped. =/
Old 03-26-10, 12:38 AM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

I went there in person, the lip I purchased also the one used for test fit was perfect on my car. Give Bayson a call and see what they can do.
Old 03-26-10, 12:45 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

you can get in touch with them and see why it doesn't fit.

but imo, when you bought it, you implicitly understood the risk of buying a replica lip and any fitment issues that may/may not arise, and accepted it when you tendered your payment.

what the shop will do is anyone's guess, but getting in touch with them would be the first thing you should do.

btw, let this be a lesson learned: don't assume that just because there were no fitment issues for that one 2is that there won't be any fitment issues for every single 2is - including your 2is.
Old 03-26-10, 01:06 AM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to home depot and get a heat gun. soften up the material by warming it up and snap it on
Old 03-26-10, 01:09 AM
mTalion
Driver School Candidate

I knew that, and thats why I read the bold print stating that "We will exchange items only if the item is dounf defective on arrival". I'd say a improper fitment is considered defective. And if it fits his IS, why wouldn't it fit mine...unless every lip they make is not the same measurements.
Old 03-26-10, 03:21 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

now, if there was physical damage, that's "defective on arrival". as such, i have a hard time believing that (in your case) improper fitment is considered "found DOA".

imo, the fact that you tried installing it means that you did not find it DOA - even if it is off an inch on the other side when one side is fitted.

regardless, all this discussion is premature. you're better served contacting them and stating your case to them. i'm just playing the devil's advocate here.
Old 03-26-10, 06:12 AM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

dont return it, its supposed to be like that. when you put one side on, the other side SHOULD be about an inch short so it fits snug tight around the whole bumper. same thing happened to my SEIBON Carbon Fiber lip but once i put on both sides, it fits great. so just fit both sides to see if it lines up then see if you should return it.
Old 03-26-10, 07:15 AM
Eldr1dgE
Driver

yeah..i agree with chrIS250..instead of working from one side to the other side, try placing the lip on top of both fog lights and rotate up so that the sides line up..also make sure you place masking tape on the edges so you dont scrape up the paint on your bumper..lips are always tricky to get on the car..good luck
Old 03-26-10, 08:50 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chrIS250
dont return it, its supposed to be like that. when you put one side on, the other side SHOULD be about an inch short so it fits snug tight around the whole bumper. same thing happened to my SEIBON Carbon Fiber lip but once i put on both sides, it fits great. so just fit both sides to see if it lines up then see if you should return it.
Correct, I was so scared Vertex sent me the wrong lip or a bad fitting one but the fit was perfect

Quick Reply: Lip wont fit