advice on paint job for scratches

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-10, 03:19 PM
bstl5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy advice on paint job for scratches

Hellloo everyone,
this sucks. Brand new IS 250 '09, and its been in two accidents already. 1) old lady side swipe 2) neighbor backed in to side (yesterday!.)
There's also mini key scratches or something on the trunk, and two rock chips on the hood.
I didn't collect the money from the old lady, and I am waiting for an estimate for the newer one. My sister took this car out a month ago, and ran over a yellow curb when husstled by stupid yorkdale security, but my sister isnt so bright on her part.. $750 to fix that
anyways, just wanting to get some prices on how much a new paint job for the whole car would be, compared to getting separate paint fixes.
Also, how about Clearbra, looking to invest in getting the hood done. Would it be wise to order it off www.clearbra.ca and then get a shop to install it?

Thank you all very much!
Old 03-30-10, 03:29 PM
DarkIs250
Rookie

Dude that sucks!
How come you didn't collect the money from the old lady?
Old 03-30-10, 04:30 PM
bstl5
Driver School Candidate

I parked in a mall parking lot, and she parked beside me, swiping the side. When I came out to my car, I lost it... I called mall security to take pictures etc, and I checked out the car beside me and it was the same car that hit mine.
I waited an hour or so for the owner to come, and turns out it was an elderly lady! I tried to tell her that she hit my car, but she kept deniying it. Obviously she didnt know, or im sure she'd just drive away. I felt bad, she had no idea what happend and wouldnt for the life of her understand that it was her fault after explaining everything over and over..
I filed a report and stuff, but in the end I couldnt call her up and say "hey, remember me? You hit my car, now can you pay me" so, I'm just going to deal with that one, maybe one day karma will pay me back, who knows! (but appearenly not since my car continues to get f*ed up )
Old 03-30-10, 05:40 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

wow you shouldn't have let her split like that. that was a dumb decision on your part. sure you felt bad for the old lady, but damn, not bad enough to let her get away with swiping your brand new lexus.
Old 03-30-10, 06:36 PM
bstl5
Driver School Candidate

hopefully I get some advice now?
Old 03-30-10, 06:40 PM
mTalion
Driver School Candidate

egg her house? Lol jk, I think repainting the whole car would run you a couple thousand dollars. Try and see if you can touch up the rock chips and if the sideswipe didn't have dents the repainting would be a lot cheaper. Try to think of different things like I scratched the side of my front bumper on the sidewalk pretty bad so instead of repainting it, I bought a front lip for about the same price to cover it up =]
Old 03-31-10, 12:53 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Your insurance won't cover the repair work? I'd definitely invest in a good clear bra. Having a really good installer do a custom job for you would look cleanest. Just do your homework before you pick the shop.
Old 03-31-10, 07:04 AM
bstl5
Driver School Candidate

Don't want insurance to go up.. if anyone can recommend a good body shop here in Toronto, that'd be great!
(If anyone knows of Toyota Body Shop in Concord, Hwy 7 and Jane, AWFUL AWFUL service... went to get my car scratches painted, and they used a totally different color! silver compared to the smokey color of lexus, )