IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need Help ASAP on removal of interior panels!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-10, 06:10 PM
350IS2006
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help ASAP on removal of interior panels!

I searched but could not find a thread on instructions on removal if the interior panels. I just had my windows tinted, they came out great, but the door panels were removed to create a professional look. I didn't notice that my front passenger door handle and my driver front door lock now do not work. I hear the drivers lock attempting to lock but it appears stuck (as if something wasn't attached correctly, the same goes for the passenger latch. When I pull it, the lock unlocks, but the door doesn't open (it does open from the outside though). I do not have a garage (currently car is in car port) but my driver side can't lock!!!
I can see the one screw to remove, a cover that doesn't appear to to be attached to the main panel, but I can't/haven't gone any further in fear of breaking some clips. I've removed door panels before in my old Jetta and more recently in my 2002, Mitsubishi lancer, but those appeared more straight forward. Please can anyone help tonight???
Old 04-11-10, 06:50 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 350IS2006
I searched but could not find a thread on instructions on removal if the interior panels. I just had my windows tinted, they came out great, but the door panels were removed to create a professional look. I didn't notice that my front passenger door handle and my driver front door lock now do not work. I hear the drivers lock attempting to lock but it appears stuck (as if something wasn't attached correctly, the same goes for the passenger latch. When I pull it, the lock unlocks, but the door doesn't open (it does open from the outside though). I do not have a garage (currently car is in car port) but my driver side can't lock!!!
I can see the one screw to remove, a cover that doesn't appear to to be attached to the main panel, but I can't/haven't gone any further in fear of breaking some clips. I've removed door panels before in my old Jetta and more recently in my 2002, Mitsubishi lancer, but those appeared more straight forward. Please can anyone help tonight???
So there is the screw behind the door handle, that you can take out once you remove the cover infront of it, then there is a second screw holding the side to the door frame where your window controls are. You have to remove the controls to see it. Once removed all that holds the door to the frame is the 7-10 plastic clips around the door. Your issue with the locking mechanism is most likely that it wasn't pushed in/secured all the way. This happened to me one time. The lock started to spasm lol. Here's the best pics I got to help you out: