IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

is the IS350 the fastest in the world?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10 | 10:21 AM
NoHoIS350
Pole Position

[QUOTE=its not a race car ppl...[/QUOTE]

Yes it is not a race car but a quick everyday comfy sweet car. I am one of the very few guys that actually track my IS350. I have up-graded the rotors/Pad for the track & put on coils. I also just got a set of Hoosier R6 tires for the track. But take this car on a the track & well it's just fades back. I know i should buy a track car but i love the IS & love driving my car. Will I get a track car only prob. But guys who cares if we are the fastest, non of you are really gunna push this car anyway. Racing on the street up to say 100, for me who cares, to me it's all just sayn who has the bigger Dik.. If some of you feel the need to walk around with your chest pumped out than cool, but at the end if the day you aint winning a trophy or getting a big pay check, honestly who cares, just have fun with an awesome Lux quick car.
Old 04-20-10 | 11:02 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

instead of all this 'paper racing' lets give some real life examples:

I love how you can take those 'no run up' hwy on ramps, wait for even the smallest opening and from a dead stop you can merge with ease

When your at a traffic lite (in the front row), lite turns green and you give say 1/4 throttle, then a few seconds later you look around and see no one around you, then you do the quick panic 'wth hope theres no cop around cuz i wasnt even trying to speed'
Old 04-20-10 | 11:25 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

go speedracer, go.
Old 04-20-10 | 03:45 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
Come to think of it, I do believe the IS350 is the quickest N/A V6 Sedan in stock form! Definitely something to be proud of and it doesn't appear it will lose the title anytime soon.
I think it will lose the title when Infiniti goes DI, which should be fairly soon.
Old 04-20-10 | 04:01 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

*wrong topic but still good anyway*

I love rolling up on guys in mommies grocery getter, they have the seat way back/leaning over to the side/trying to act all gangsta at a stop lite, then i come rolling up next to them, you see the drivers *top of baseball cap* turn my way, then it turns towards the passenger, then it turns back to me and you see the baseball cap on the passenger side lean up and turn your way... i never understood ppl driving like that, one day they'll have a nice car and let me tell you, no way in hell your gonna drive wannabe gangsta like that, you gotta stay up and looking out for hazzards on the road (potholes/dead aminals/stupid drivers driving all gangsta wannabe)
Old 04-20-10 | 04:42 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
instead of all this 'paper racing' lets give some real life examples:

I love how you can take those 'no run up' hwy on ramps, wait for even the smallest opening and from a dead stop you can merge with ease

When your at a traffic lite (in the front row), lite turns green and you give say 1/4 throttle, then a few seconds later you look around and see no one around you, then you do the quick panic 'wth hope theres no cop around cuz i wasnt even trying to speed'
This happens to me all the time. A way to avoid excessive acceleration is to put the car in snow mode.

It's funny, in normal mode upon administering 1/4 throttle, I've had cars next to me think that I was stop light "racing"...when...I wasn't. It's funnier when those cars go WOT, thinking we're racing, and they still lose while I'm cruising along at 1/4 throttle.
Old 04-20-10 | 04:49 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by carLx
This happens to me all the time. A way to avoid excessive acceleration is to put the car in snow mode.

It's funny, in normal mode upon administering 1/4 throttle, I've had cars next to me think that I was stop light "racing"...when...I wasn't. It's funnier when those cars go WOT, thinking we're racing, and they still lose while I'm cruising along at 1/4 throttle.
Thats so true, like some Audi a4's... I just hold it in 1st gear making them think theyr winning and then I hit it and just jump in front of them... hehe.. u have to admit, like Jeremy Clarkson says "Audi drivers are *****"

Last edited by juice14; 04-20-10 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-20-10 | 05:02 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by juice14
Thats so true, like some Audi a4's... I just hold it in 1st gear making them think theyr winning and then I hit it and just jump in front of them... hehe.. u have to admit, like Jeremy Clarkson says "Audi drivers are *****"
Haha true, true.

Man, though, I'm getting IS350 withdrawal jitters at the moment. SEVERE withdrawal jitters. My car got broken into, and with no passenger side window, I ain't going ANYWHERE in my IS350 until it's fixed.

It's absolutely brutal being designated to my little brother's 100 HP honda civic. I feel so weak and vulnerable on the road. Passing power = zilch. Plenty of noise though!

God I want my IS350 so much. You never fully appreciate what you have until you can't have it.
Old 04-20-10 | 05:40 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

To the guy who said that "who cares if your faster" well i do. I made a stupid decision due to lack of research and bought the IS350. Coming from a 350z with a near equal engine (v6 3.5, 300hp) i figured i would be able to strap a turbo on the IS and get at least 400whp like on the 350z. We all know thats not the case... Had i done my research i would have gone with a 335i no questions asked. And i drive like a grandma!! People get angry at me for how slow and calm i drive. Yet to me knowing i have power under the hood is like to you knowing your car looks good with a body kit.

Sure we started comparing our sedan to coupes and went a little off topic but it matters. I love knowing that i can beat my old 350z! Sure in Z forums everyone bets me the 350z is faster and show countless videos of it. But i have DONE it in person 2 times and won fairly easy..

Now if anyone in NM with a 370z, G37 or something else comparable, is down for a "test drive" just let me know. Will make a video and everything.
Old 04-20-10 | 06:07 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

mxis350... wait are we to understand that you purposefully went to a Lexus dealership in search of a 'boy racer' type car?
Old 04-20-10 | 06:20 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Nope i went to the lexus dealership looking for a IS350.

What i was looking for was a about 40k, Good looking, fast car, with the ability to make faster.

Sadly the so called "reliability" of toyota/lexus is what sold me on the IS350... I say sadly because my IS have had more then quadruple the dealer visit then my 350z ever did... more like 3(2 window regulators and a faulty trunk door) vs 10 (3 of the times leaving me stranded) with in 30k miles... I am now passed my warranty, don't make as much as i used to and scared ***** less of something else happening to the lexus...

I drive REALLY calmly so i cant even claim my IS is mest up because i treat it too hard or wrongly..

The 350z i drove like a crazy man and would even drift and do other stuff on it.
Old 04-20-10 | 08:00 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Haha true, true.

Man, though, I'm getting IS350 withdrawal jitters at the moment. SEVERE withdrawal jitters. My car got broken into, and with no passenger side window, I ain't going ANYWHERE in my IS350 until it's fixed.

It's absolutely brutal being designated to my little brother's 100 HP honda civic. I feel so weak and vulnerable on the road. Passing power = zilch. Plenty of noise though!

God I want my IS350 so much. You never fully appreciate what you have until you can't have it.
YEA, its just like women. you dont know how much you love/want them until you dont ahve them LOL. I had to wait like 2 month for my car to arrive to the DR and I was going nuts
Old 04-21-10 | 09:12 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350jet
I think it will lose the title when Infiniti goes DI, which should be fairly soon.
I wouldn't be so sure.

Infiniti's VQ only keeps up due to it's high rev'ing. DI creates higher combustion pressures, meaning the engine will have to be beefed up, parts made heavier to withstand the greater pressure, which also means that it won't be able to rev as high.

I think they might get a bit more torque, but will probably lose a little peak HP (unless they keep displacement at 3.7L, in which case it will probably maintain or gain some hp).
Old 04-21-10 | 09:15 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Who knows what Lexus has up its sleeve.
Old 04-21-10 | 09:27 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Haha true, true.

A while back my is350 was at the dealership and they gave me an ES loaner, but i hated it so i switched with my sister's honda civic. It was actually super fun, i love making so much noise everytime i floored it and not going anywhere, and plus i coulda sworn her car handled better than my IS haha. I drove around my school that week looking for all the rice out honda trying to egg them into racing me

Quick Reply: is the IS350 the fastest in the world?