Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep so 2 fast 2 furious... LOL
Old 10-15-10, 12:07 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

LOL^^^^^^

So i just thought about this. WHat do u guys think about glow i the dark LEXUS caliper stickers????? I think it would look nice at night
Old 10-15-10, 12:45 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
LOL^^^^^^

So i just thought about this. WHat do u guys think about glow i the dark LEXUS caliper stickers????? I think it would look nice at night
As if LED's in all the wrong places wasnt bad enough...
Old 10-15-10, 02:09 PM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-15-10, 02:17 PM
nairb
Driver

Not sure if someone said this already, but you might as well go to court and throw them your wallet because this just says PULL ME OVER lol it is highhhhly illegal in most US states. Although I think it's awesome.
Old 10-15-10, 02:23 PM
khaash
Driver School Candidate

Actually, when I posted the question, I was referring to the LED strips being mounted on the roof of the wheel wells (above the tires). I do think they are illegal WHEN DRIVING... but I thought it would look cool when parked.

The LED strips are made weather proof and such...and are wired to the car.
Old 10-15-10, 02:34 PM
nairb
Driver

as long as you dont drive with it on haha its fine. that would look pretty cool if you park your car at a meet or something. i have led strips under my doors and they turn on when i open the doors.
Old 10-15-10, 02:44 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Still Hideous <-- just my HONEST opinion, so don't take offense to it.
Old 10-15-10, 02:55 PM
650IS350
Lead Lap

V C Section 24255 Lighting Equipment Illuminating Device
Lighting Equipment: Illuminating Device

24255. (a) A vehicle may be equipped with a system to supplement the driver’s visibility of the roadway to the front or rear of the vehicle during darkness. This system may incorporate an illuminating device that emits radiation predominantly in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum and a display monitor to provide an image visible to the driver of the vehicle. The system, or any portion of it, shall not obstruct the vision of the driver, and shall not emit any glaring light visible in any direction or to any person. The illuminating device may be mounted inside the vehicle, if it is constructed and mounted so as to prevent any direct or reflected light, other than a monitorial indicator emitted from the device, from being visible to the driver.

(b) The system shall be operated only with the headlamps lighted. An illuminating device for the system shall be interlocked with the headlamp switch so that it is operable only when the headlamps are lighted.

(c) (1) No part of the illuminating device may be physically or optically combined with any other required or permitted lighting device.

(2) The illuminating device may be installed within a housing containing other required or permitted lighting devices, if the function of the other devices is not impaired thereby.
Added Sec. 2, Ch. 198, Stats. 2004. Effective January 1, 2005.

V C Section 24252 Lighting Equipment Requirements
Lighting Equipment Requirements

24252. (a) All lighting equipment of a required type installed on a vehicle shall at all times be maintained in good working order. Lamps shall be equipped with bulbs of the correct voltage rating corresponding to the nominal voltage at the lamp socket.

(b) The voltage at any tail, stop, license plate, side marker or clearance lamp socket on a vehicle shall not be less than 85 percent of the design voltage of the bulb. Voltage tests shall be conducted with the engine operating.

(c) Two or more lamp or reflector functions may be combined, provided each function subject to requirements established by the department meets such requirements.

(1) No turn signal lamp may be combined optically with a stoplamp unless the stoplamp is extinguished when the turn signal is flashing.

(2) No clearance lamp may be combined optically with any taillamp or identification lamp.
Amended Ch. 723, Stats. 1979. Effective January 1, 1980.

25400 cvc.: This code is where NEON lighting under your vehicle is LEGAL to drive with. Please keep in mind that you can not have the color red and your tubes must be hidden. You may only have the glow effect. We install every neon kit to conform to this code. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25400.htm

California vehicle codes web site http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/vctoc.htm. Below are a few codes that deal with vehicle lighting.

24003 cvc :This is a code that most officers use as a catch all code (read carefully as your ticket may be written incorrectly). This code is for interior lighting. We have asked some officers to read the code, not just go by what they have been told, and they were surprised... as you will be too.... http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24003.htm

25400 cvc.: This code is where NEON lighting under your vehicle is LEGAL to drive with. Please keep in mind that you can not have the color red and your tubes must be hidden. You may only have the glow effect. We install every neon kit to conform to this code. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25400.htm

25106 cvc.: This code states that you may have white OR yellow (amber) lights/reflectors to the front of your vehicle. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25106.htm

25950 cvc : This code allows you to have white or yellow (amber) to the front of your vehicle, so clear corners are legal. Also under 25950(c) you can have a bulb of any unlighted color, as long as it lights up amber or white. So if you have a colored unlighted bulb, but it lights up white or amber your legal. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

Last edited by 650IS350; 10-15-10 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-15-10, 06:21 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

OMG, i've seen it all!!!
Old 10-15-10, 06:25 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

check my sig for how I feel about that
Old 10-16-10, 12:04 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting.
btw how do you determine whats rice and whats not? cuz to me people spending like $500 on stupid jdm visors or $200 on a damn rope knot is pretty ricey...
no offense!
Old 10-16-10, 12:36 AM
nairb
Driver

I think of it as trying too hard to make your car into something that it is not. When you add $1500 rims to a $10,000 car or a crazy exhaust system to your 100hp 'speed demon' then youre trying to "rice" it out. I find it hard to RICE a $32,000+ car. At the end of the day your average riced out civic is still a civic. No offense to the car or the owners, but that is how I interpret it.

I have a feeling people say things are rice just because it is so new or unusual. If it looks good, it looks good. Your car, your money, your choice l. I mod/drive my car for me, not to impress strangers on the street.
Old 10-16-10, 08:52 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

looks ok but only for show purpose, i would drive around with my car lookin like that.

Quick Reply: LED on wheels