IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS350 X-PACKAGE.... please help me out. i cant find anything.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-10, 08:39 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus "claims" that the car is also about an inch lower along with everything else mentioned here. I haven't verified this but I have been asked numerous times by people if I have my car lowered and the dealerships I have taken it to have all told me that the X-package is a lower than the other packages.
Old 04-27-10, 10:01 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ JB
Lexus "claims" that the car is also about an inch lower along with everything else mentioned here. I haven't verified this but I have been asked numerous times by people if I have my car lowered and the dealerships I have taken it to have all told me that the X-package is a lower than the other packages.
Not quite, no...

The X package comes with the sport suspension (this is the only thing I've ever seen Lexus claim).

That is 0.4 inches lower front, same height rear.

Or in other words, exactly the same height as the Sport package since it's exactly the same suspension.

Maybe somehow the front lip is making people think it looks lower?
Old 04-27-10, 01:37 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Not quite, no...

The X package comes with the sport suspension (this is the only thing I've ever seen Lexus claim).

That is 0.4 inches lower front, same height rear.

Or in other words, exactly the same height as the Sport package since it's exactly the same suspension.

Maybe somehow the front lip is making people think it looks lower?
I said the same thing, however 3 different dealerships out here all claim the same thing.. The 2007 version of the X-Package was different from the rest which included the sport suspension but lowered about an inch. I have tried contacting corporate Lexus to verify this however no one has been able to say one way or the other with them. Seems wierd ALL the local dealerships here claim the same thing about the car though if it isn't true.
Old 04-27-10, 01:45 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd suggest not talking to salespeople at dealerships if you want accurate technical data. Good luck on contacting corporate Lexus regarding this trivia.

The ride height of the X-pkg and Sport pkg is the same because Lexus specifies the same springs in both packages, that's already been verified.
Old 04-27-10, 04:48 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I'd suggest not talking to salespeople at dealerships if you want accurate technical data. Good luck on contacting corporate Lexus regarding this trivia.

The ride height of the X-pkg and Sport pkg is the same because Lexus specifies the same springs in both packages, that's already been verified.
Cool, works for me .
Old 04-27-10, 07:14 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

x-pack was a steal.
Old 05-01-10, 04:30 PM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Look for a luxury or sport package. If you want the wheels or other things, then add them later. You will be much happier with an ultra full loaded IS rather than a half loaded IS.
Old 05-01-10, 06:40 PM
Osudoc2012
Driver School Candidate

Thought I'd throw my .02 in due to the fact that I just bought an 07 IS250 X pack..

I've got all the xpack details, plus wood grain, sun roof, heated and cooled seats (not sure about the memory option though, still learning what all is on it), HID's, & full tilt/telescoping steering wheel. I've driven/owned a couple of Rx-7's (FD) and a cpl of civics. This car is such a step up I don't really care if it has the memory seats or not. I love the stance, as well as the rims (blacked out in my case ). It will all be personal preference, but go drive one before you give up and say you are holding out for a luxury/sport package.

Also I think it depends on the area of the country you are in. I took mine to a local Lex dealer and the head parts/service guy had only seen one xpackage model in his 15 years working there. I'm in Oklahoma so that might have something to do with it....
Old 05-01-10, 09:52 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Osudoc2012
Thought I'd throw my .02 in due to the fact that I just bought an 07 IS250 X pack..

I've got all the xpack details, plus wood grain, sun roof, heated and cooled seats (not sure about the memory option though, still learning what all is on it), HID's, & full tilt/telescoping steering wheel. I've driven/owned a couple of Rx-7's (FD) and a cpl of civics. This car is such a step up I don't really care if it has the memory seats or not. I love the stance, as well as the rims (blacked out in my case ). It will all be personal preference, but go drive one before you give up and say you are holding out for a luxury/sport package.

Also I think it depends on the area of the country you are in. I took mine to a local Lex dealer and the head parts/service guy had only seen one xpackage model in his 15 years working there. I'm in Oklahoma so that might have something to do with it....
If it's X package it doesn't have memory seats.

(it also doesn't have power tilt and telescope on the steering wheel, which is what people mean when they mention that option--- even base models have the mechanical adjustments for tilt/telescope... but Luxury and Sport package cars have it as a powered option instead, and the wheel can automatically tilt up and away when exiting the car to make it easier to get in/out as well as return to a set position with your seat when you hit a memory button)

Now honestly, if you're the only driver, memory seats aren't too big a deal... they can be huge if your spouse uses the car though.

But some of the other bits the Sport (or Luxury) package offer over the X package are pretty nice... the auto dim and tilt side mirrors... the rain sensing wipers, which are a feature that only after you've used them do you realize "Holy crap all cars sucked before these"... HIDs, which you can option separately on an X pack car but at that point you're pushing your cost pretty near to what the sport or lux packages cost and still missing a bunch of features... the heated/cooled seats were also a $ extra for an x pack car but included in Sport/Lux.

Though the wheels are indeed nice it's a lot easier to swap wheels on to a car than the various other features.

Basically by the time you paid for the X package, HIDs, and the heated/cooled seats you might as well have gotten the sport or lux package with more features... which is one reason I ended up ordering a sport package car. Now if only they'd have let me get it without a sunroof

You're correct that Lexus ships cars optioned specific ways by region... as I said there's a ton of X package cars around here, but apart from mine my dealer has never seen a Sport package car. One could always find a dealer to swap an on-lot car with one from another region though...or special order of course.
Old 05-02-10, 03:03 AM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

A little off topic, but f-sport suspension would probably be a totally different suspension the sports or x package right?
Old 05-02-10, 06:55 AM
Keppie
Lead Lap

F-sport is different.

I ordered my X-pack with, HID and perforated seats heat/cool, rear spoiler and it was significantly less than the sports package.
Old 05-02-10, 07:40 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Keppie
F-sport is different.

I ordered my X-pack with, HID and perforated seats heat/cool, rear spoiler and it was significantly less than the sports package.
How?

For 2009 models for example:
pricing from here:
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2009/...ons/index.html

Sport package MSRP is $3140

HIDs are $875, premium (heated/cooled) is $840...X pack with sunroof is $1491. Total of $3206.

Sport package is actually cheaper by $66 and includes heated/cooler, HIDs, sport suspension, and a bunch more.

(I left out the spoiler as it has nothing to do with any other package so the cost is the same regardless)
Old 05-02-10, 12:40 PM
DajonDondo
Pole Position

Ok here is what is going on. Im most likely going to pick up the X-package.

It Doesnt Include HID's though.

It has memory/cooled seats though. and everything else it includes,the color is SGM with white leather and black carpet, wood grain. navigation, pretty nice. I dont need memory seats.

But my question is can u buy Rain Sensing wipers??

Also do the mirrors fold on they're own, the side mirrors like when u have it on park?? and does it have headlight washers?
Old 05-02-10, 02:07 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

why do you want headlight washers...those are garbage. same for rain sensing wipers. the side mirrors wont fold down.
Old 05-02-10, 04:06 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

My bad. I forgot to mention wheels. The sports pack is nice but you still ended up with regular 18" wheels. Considering the x-pack had distinctive wheels I thought it was and still think it is good value.

My apologies.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 X-PACKAGE.... please help me out. i cant find anything.