IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Went to the dealership today for the pedal fix......BEWARE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-10 | 08:18 AM
cupid0210
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Schmingie
This is really easy. Have them remove a pin from an in stock vehicle and repair yours. This is not your problem and do not let them make it yours.

Problem solved -

S.
Hmmmm, that DOES sound like a good idea, Im gonna see if they can do that. The only problem that I might face is that all the vehicles are 09s and up. If that part isnt the same in those models versus the 08 IS, then I will have to wait......but lets hope it does.
Old 04-27-10 | 09:24 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

That does sounds like a good idea but I don't see them doing that GL
Old 04-27-10 | 09:26 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

good luck, i hope they didnt damage your car, and are trying to by time. it happens, but not every single time some one tells you its gunna take longer than expected. hope everything ends well
Old 04-27-10 | 09:45 AM
cupid0210
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
That does sounds like a good idea but I don't see them doing that GL
Yeah, Just came back from the dealership and they are NOT going to replace it with a new one from thier inventory....:-/
Originally Posted by Mv350
good luck, i hope they didnt damage your car, and are trying to by time. it happens, but not every single time some one tells you its gunna take longer than expected. hope everything ends well
Turns out that they broke the pin that holds the pedal together, AND they broke the metal piece that is attached to the pedal as well. So they Broke both pieces. I checked out my car and everything was fine. Didnt feel like taking pics because the only thing that was missing was the pedal. lol Im just glad that nothing else was messed up. So im a little relieved at that, but I still dont wanna wait a month for them to get that darn part. And the crazy thing about the whole situation, was when I asked him to replace it with a NEW car or DEMO car part that they had on the lot, he said that even though it is their fault, they cant inconvenience a potential customer or lose any money, I just HAVE to wait. That kinda ticked me off a bit, but whatever, thats sales for ya.....
Old 04-27-10 | 10:52 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by cupid0210
And the crazy thing about the whole situation, was when I asked him to replace it with a NEW car or DEMO car part that they had on the lot, he said that even though it is their fault, they cant inconvenience a potential customer or lose any money
Yeah well, they already have YOUR money so no wonder they aren't worried about letting you wait for the parts to come in. But on the other hand, they aren't about to pass up the opportunity of getting someone else's money if that customer happened to be interested in the car they took parts out of to repair your gas pedal.
Old 04-27-10 | 11:01 AM
greg0723
Lead Lap

i got my pedal fixed with my oil change yesterday. nothing went wrong for me. it actually feels better to me with the new pedal.
Old 04-27-10 | 11:42 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Well I went to the dealership today to have them fix the pedal issue for the IS350 as a "Precautionary measure". It was free so I wasn't really worried. Upon giving them my car and driving off the lot with the loaner, a couple hours later, I get a call from the Dealership saying that they accidentally broke a pin in the throttle body controller or something like that, and now they have to order that specific part from Japan and its gonna take about 3 weeks to a month for them to get the part because its on "back order" they say. ugggh!! I was pretty bummed out that they broke something resulting in a month of me not having my car, but at least they gave me a fully loaded HS250h to drive. Its a pretty nice car and gets WAAYY better mileage than my 350, so i guess its not gonna be THAT bad. I will still miss my car though...:-/ So for you guys/girls that want to get the pedal remedy done, make sure they handle your car with care!!
My suggestion is go on a long road trip. Invite some friends, split the gas cost, and head out.

This month, I was gonna go a Trip to Vegas and another one to San Jose from LA, which probably gonna be like 2000 miles when we get back. Too bad I don't have the same luck as you. No way I'm using the Lexus, I'll probably get a rental.

Last edited by Initial_K; 04-27-10 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-27-10 | 12:00 PM
cupid0210
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Yeah well, they already have YOUR money so no wonder they aren't worried about letting you wait for the parts to come in. But on the other hand, they aren't about to pass up the opportunity of getting someone else's money if that customer happened to be interested in the car they took parts out of to repair your gas pedal.
Yeah,sales is sales......
Originally Posted by greg0723
i got my pedal fixed with my oil change yesterday. nothing went wrong for me. it actually feels better to me with the new pedal.
Im glad to hear everything went well for you.
Originally Posted by Initial_K
My suggestion is go on a long trip.

This month, I was gonna go a Trip to Vegas and another one to San Jose from LA, which probably gonna be like 2000 miles when we get back. Too bad I don't have the same luck as you. No way I'm using the Lexus, I'll probably get a rental.
Hahaha, since Im gonna have this car for a while, I might as well go on a trip!! hahaha by the time they get this car back I will have at least 2000 miles on it.
Old 04-27-10 | 01:16 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Enjoy the loaner and let us know what really happened to the car while in service please.
Old 04-27-10 | 02:06 PM
BigA_IS-F
Driver

Originally Posted by Schmingie
This is really easy. Have them remove a pin from an in stock vehicle and repair yours. This is not your problem and do not let them make it yours.

Problem solved -

S.
^+1 I would do that for sure and make them take the hit on the car they can't sell because they screwed up! If they can't do that then pretty good chance it is a lot worse than a pin. That really sucks i'd be so pissed if i was with out mine for a month.
Old 04-27-10 | 02:10 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Well I went to the dealership today to have them fix the pedal issue for the IS350 as a "Precautionary measure". It was free so I wasn't really worried. Upon giving them my car and driving off the lot with the loaner, a couple hours later, I get a call from the Dealership saying that they accidentally broke a pin in the throttle body controller or something like that, and now they have to order that specific part from Japan and its gonna take about 3 weeks to a month for them to get the part because its on "back order" they say. ugggh!! I was pretty bummed out that they broke something resulting in a month of me not having my car, but at least they gave me a fully loaded HS250h to drive. Its a pretty nice car and gets WAAYY better mileage than my 350, so i guess its not gonna be THAT bad. I will still miss my car though...:-/ So for you guys/girls that want to get the pedal remedy done, make sure they handle your car with care!!
I would NOT want to be driving an HS250 around for 3 weeks. My dealer has HS, IS, ES and RX loaners--I'd make them give me a 2010 RX.
Old 04-27-10 | 02:16 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fasteddy91
hmmmm. I bet they wrecked your car and it's going to take a few weeks to repair and paint. Sounds really shady man. I would go down there and demand a ISF loaner car during that time period.
I was in an accident 2 years ago. There was about $10,000 of front end damage. It was fixed in less than 3 weeks. If they damaged your car, and it's going to take 3 weeks to fix it, they would have to tell you. If it was something minor that they wanted to cover up, it would be done in 3 DAYS.
Old 04-27-10 | 02:17 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Turns out that they broke the pin that holds the pedal together, AND they broke the metal piece that is attached to the pedal as well. So they Broke both pieces. I checked out my car and everything was fine. Didnt feel like taking pics because the only thing that was missing was the pedal. lol Im just glad that nothing else was messed up. So im a little relieved at that, but I still dont wanna wait a month for them to get that darn part. And the crazy thing about the whole situation, was when I asked him to replace it with a NEW car or DEMO car part that they had on the lot, he said that even though it is their fault, they cant inconvenience a potential customer or lose any money, I just HAVE to wait. That kinda ticked me off a bit, but whatever, thats sales for ya.....
They don't have Fed Ex in Japan??
Old 04-27-10 | 02:25 PM
Maxximus
Driver

took my car in the other day for service. they kept me waiting for 3 hours, then I found out that they replaced the pedal and took my good mats away w/o even asking me. They left me with these thin, frail looking, gray rubber mats

I told the service manager there that they should have asked me if I wanted that done, especially since I was waiting. He said they he didn't have to ask me about replacing stuff like that
Old 04-27-10 | 02:59 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
They don't have Fed Ex in Japan??
Yes they do.

Quick Reply: Went to the dealership today for the pedal fix......BEWARE!!