Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool video
Old 01-07-11, 07:34 AM
graphX250
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

that was the roll out from good roads to JM lexus for last years mega meet. what the video didn't show was that we blocked off traffic going the other way too, because we all had to make the u-turn to get on the highway! It was awsome!! That's how we roll in SFL
Old 01-07-11, 09:07 AM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

thats sick. i wish i knew 1 other ohio IS owner
Old 01-07-11, 09:24 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I saw Rob250IS there in his Panda ride!
Old 01-07-11, 09:37 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

haha good times!!!
Old 01-07-11, 09:43 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn where was that....i woulda went...
Old 01-07-11, 09:56 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I'm new... but what is so SICK about it?

I'd be embarrassed to be part of that group. And if I was in my bronco I'd be pushing my way through and you'd let me through.

It's sad to see that Lexus has a lot of "ricer" type people involved in it.
Old 01-07-11, 10:51 AM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

Man that was crazy, we use to block the roads like that when we rode in big groups of motorcycles. Too awesome!
Old 01-07-11, 10:53 AM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jmags
I know I'm new... but what is so SICK about it?

I'd be embarrassed to be part of that group. And if I was in my bronco I'd be pushing my way through and you'd let me through.

It's sad to see that Lexus has a lot of "ricer" type people involved in it.
I didnt see nothing sad about that???? Please explain...ricer?? I saw some boosted cars and a bunch of nice Lexus's. If your gonna bash the CL community then I suggest you take your " Ricer" comments to another forum! Have a nice day
Old 01-07-11, 11:05 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JMcDonald
I didnt see nothing sad about that???? Please explain...ricer?? I saw some boosted cars and a bunch of nice Lexus's. If your gonna bash the CL community then I suggest you take your " Ricer" comments to another forum! Have a nice day
LoL I guess it's the LS1 camaro/firebird coming out in me. However whenever I hear exhausts like that I think "ricer"
Old 01-07-11, 11:33 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JMcDonald
i beg to differ.

imo the comment "ricer types" wasn't a reflection on the actual cars themselves as seen in the youtube clip but rather the behavior (and mentality) of those driving.

sure, blocking off traffic to allow a massive convoy out of a dealership and onto local roads made for great youtube material (props to those involved, btw), but that type of behavior sends the wrong message about lexus enthusiasts.

just because you condone and have participated in that type of behavior (and think that type of behavior is "too awesome!") does not change the fact that it's still a poor representation of said group and individual.

everyone has an opinion, but just because one opinion differs with another doesn't mean the dissenting opinion is "bashing" or "hating", and it certainly doesn't warrant you suggesting said individual with the dissenting opinion to leave.

after all, how is that building a sense of community?
Old 01-07-11, 11:44 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

so "ricer" is now a behavior? i thought it was used to describe one's car or a person who customizes a car a certain way....
yes some exhausts were a little raspy but these arent camaros or muscle cars....you cant always make it sound like one.
and i dont think what they did was THAT bad at all. you act as if they flicked people off talked smack etc....however i can see someone getting upset over it but nevertheless...poor choice of words.
Old 01-07-11, 11:45 AM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

^^agree Rob is bad influence
Old 01-07-11, 11:56 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
i beg to differ.

imo the comment "ricer types" wasn't a reflection on the actual cars themselves as seen in the youtube clip but rather the behavior (and mentality) of those driving.

sure, blocking off traffic to allow a massive convoy out of a dealership and onto local roads made for great youtube material (props to those involved, btw), but that type of behavior sends the wrong message about lexus enthusiasts.

just because you condone and have participated in that type of behavior (and think that type of behavior is "too awesome!") does not change the fact that it's still a poor representation of said group and individual.

everyone has an opinion, but just because one opinion differs with another doesn't mean the dissenting opinion is "bashing" or "hating", and it certainly doesn't warrant you suggesting said individual with the dissenting opinion to leave.

after all, how is that building a sense of community?
Exactly my thoughts.

Ricers do crap like this. I would absolutely expect this behavior from Honda kiddos. Not the lexus crowd. I'm +1 on your thoughts.
Old 01-07-11, 11:59 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MashinA
so "ricer" is now a behavior? .
I think it's been like this for a while, yes.

Ricer behavior = racing a car, the car beats you, you keep the gas pressed and do a RICER flyby and then put on your hazard lights claiming you won the race, even though the race stopped when you were 10 cars behind 1/4 mile ago.

Ricer behavior = acting like a bunch of jerks in any situation.... lol I dunno.

Quick Reply: Crazy roll out on youtube in FL.. Recognize anyone?? lol