IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bbs ch-r or f sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-10, 08:58 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^that's of course only my opinion. a majority on the forums here may, in fact, be modding to increase performance.
Old 05-01-10, 09:18 PM
pigeon83
Rookie

Compromising the performance or luxury of a performance luxury car seems like a stupid thing to do for aesthetics. It's not like the IS is an ugly car with ugly rims. For people to put rims and tires that are a downgrade from stock seems insane.
Old 05-01-10, 09:47 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

so people who drop their cars on this forum and thus ruin ride quality are insane? does that not improve performance as well?
whatever, don't mean to clutter the OPs thread with our own opinions.
my vote goes to the bbs, but either choice would be good
Old 05-01-10, 10:02 PM
pigeon83
Rookie

Look at your post of recommendation, compared to the paragraphs of objective facts I posted. I went over the wheel metallurgy as well as the tires. Almost everyone else is just cheerleading each other saying "get the BBS!" without posting any factual reason to get them.

The only other person who gave a single fact was someboy. He's the only other one who isn't simply going based on the looks of the wheels, and actually brought up the weight.

Giving facts to back up a recommendation is better than a bunch of people just giving their baseless opinions as recommendations, isn't it?

There's a big difference between lowering a car for performance, and dropping it to 10mm off the ground and putting it on huge cast alloy wheels because it "looks cool". I think people who compromise the ride and handling of their cars for the sake of modifying it for no real reason, with no performance gain, are doing something terribly stupid. Just like people who put a half-assed exhaust system or a turbocharger without an air filter. "Yeah I just spent $40,000 on a car so now I'm going to spend a few thousand more to ruin it with cheap **** components". That's insane.

Last edited by pigeon83; 05-01-10 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-01-10, 10:07 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

^in that case then you're going to be spending all your time on these forums bashing on people's rides because that is what the majority of forum members do to their cars. even people who spent 60k+ on their IS-F's or LS460s do the same to their cars, so we must all be idiotic. modifying cars isn't about logic; we do it because it's something we love to do, regardless of whether or not it's "logical".
Old 05-01-10, 10:11 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

To add ^, Everyone mods there car to be different. So you go have fun with your stock IS with the other 100,000 people in your state. You can be a follower, not a leader.

PS: Not everyone Tracks there cars. To be honest we dont need 300 HP for daily driving. But why do we have it?...exactly
Old 05-01-10, 11:14 PM
kbkura
Driver

I'mma vote for the F-sports!!! probably the only one here... but i think the price/quality ratio is superior for the F-sports considering how much cheaper they are and the fact that they're forged... plus they look great!
Old 05-01-10, 11:21 PM
cdeeznuts
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

f-sports... i don't belive the bbs ones you are looking at have the right fitment/offsets to use without hub spacers... plus they are awesome and cheaper
Old 05-02-10, 03:50 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aliu603
^in that case then you're going to be spending all your time on these forums bashing on people's rides because that is what the majority of forum members do to their cars. even people who spent 60k+ on their IS-F's or LS460s do the same to their cars, so we must all be idiotic. modifying cars isn't about logic; we do it because it's something we love to do, regardless of whether or not it's "logical".
LS460,most people go for VIP, so it's mostly about looks and performance is not the top priority. However, this is not true for the IS-F, a lot of members actually are spending a lot of money on increasing "performance", such as manifold, exhaust such as the " ISS exhaust ", turbo , supercharger, lowered compression pistons , rods and etc . A lot more vendors are actually willing to invest in producing performance upgrades for IS-F. The reason why most people go for "Look" only, besides their passions for it, i think most members here knows the answer to that...

For me, I do put the 300 HP of the IS350 to a good use sometimes, and i love to make my car look good too. So, Performance and looks are equally important to me. I would not just purchase a set of " Heavy " Rims because they look good.

Last edited by someboy; 05-02-10 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-02-10, 04:05 AM
andrewshu3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im kinda in the same boat as the op, trying to decide between f-sports, ssr type-R, and wedssport sa-67rs.

Just to list the pros of the f-sports:
Forged, lightweight, strong
hubcentric, OEM fitment
relatively inexpensive

Cons
not very aggressive, rears could be a bit wider
design isn't the best (subjective)

I agree with pigeon, don't really see a point in modding an IS if its gonna decrease its performance, handling, or appearances. If you're gonna go BBS, then you should be ready to cough up the money for their forged line.
Old 05-02-10, 04:33 AM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by someboy
For me, I do put the 300 HP of the IS350 to a good use sometimes
i'm only going to comment on this part of your statement because getting into the rest would take too long and i'm tired.
the only way you would ever put your 300+ hp to good use is if you track your car (something i doubt you do), if you street race (which i do think you do given your past posts), or to pass slow drivers/merge (which we all do). on a daily basis, the 316hp we have will rarely be needed, much less put to use. if you wanted a car geared towards performance, while also looking good, you should have gotten a Z, G35, 3-series, or any other comparable vehicle to the IS.

one last thing to pigeon. this is a forum. plain and simple. people share their OPINIONS. no one needs facts to offer up an opinion. you've given yours. i've given mine. now let's stop crapping on the OP's thread.
Old 05-02-10, 04:43 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

choose the one you like better its your car sir. imo i like f-sports, but thats just me, bbs in general is a better wheel. but im just not a huge fan of the wheel design of the ch-r.
Old 05-02-10, 05:44 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a fan of BBS, except for LM and RS.
Old 05-02-10, 05:49 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aliu603
i'm only going to comment on this part of your statement because getting into the rest would take too long and i'm tired.
the only way you would ever put your 300+ hp to good use is if you track your car (something i doubt you do), if you street race (which i do think you do given your past posts), or to pass slow drivers/merge (which we all do). on a daily basis, the 316hp we have will rarely be needed, much less put to use. if you wanted a car geared towards performance, while also looking good, you should have gotten a Z, G35, 3-series, or any other comparable vehicle to the IS.

one last thing to pigeon. this is a forum. plain and simple. people share their OPINIONS. no one needs facts to offer up an opinion. you've given yours. i've given mine. now let's stop crapping on the OP's thread.
G35 is one ugly *** car, i love the IS way more. A lot of people do look down to the IS, I am there to prove them wrong with performance and style, especially to Infiniti Gs and Acura. IF one does not care about performance, then why get a IS350 at the first place? get the IS250 instead.

Last edited by someboy; 05-02-10 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-02-10, 08:52 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Bbs........

Quick Reply: Bbs ch-r or f sport?