IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bbs ch-r or f sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-10, 09:03 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bbs will be more unique, but u need to do them right, they dont look good on any theme. the color is the key
Old 05-02-10, 09:33 AM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to me, looks is more important than performance, my work wheels are much heavier than fsports, but fsport looks ugly, that's why i went for work.
Old 05-02-10, 10:23 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Before you set your heart on some BBS wheels, make sure they offer a decent size/fitment. The regular CH doesn't come in IS fitment unless you have an AWD IS, and it's extremely conservative at that. This is the single biggest reason I don't have a set of BBS - I'm not too fond of the idea of dropping $6K on a set of wheels only to have to run spacers.

Javier
Old 05-02-10, 10:29 AM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BBS FTW! but go with LM!! lol
Old 05-02-10, 11:58 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by someboy
It cost nearly 700 dollar just for 1 wheel... this is way too expensive....for this kind of weight..
I thought BBS was a lot more expensive? $700 for a new wheel? Volks and Works are more expensive? (I'm sure it depends on the specific type of wheel you get, but I'm asking in general)
Old 05-02-10, 12:03 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by brociouz
I thought BBS was a lot more expensive? $700 for a new wheel? Volks and Works are more expensive? (I'm sure it depends on the specific type of wheel you get, but I'm asking in general)
this specific BBS wheel is cast, thats why its cheaper then the other BBS wheels. though its not cheap cast, BBS uses a high pressure cast (like WORK wheels), which is very durable. not quite a forged wheel, but very good quality
Old 05-02-10, 01:22 PM
pigeon83
Rookie

Originally Posted by aliu603
i'm only going to comment on this part of your statement because getting into the rest would take too long and i'm tired.
the only way you would ever put your 300+ hp to good use is if you track your car (something i doubt you do), if you street race (which i do think you do given your past posts), or to pass slow drivers/merge (which we all do). on a daily basis, the 316hp we have will rarely be needed, much less put to use. if you wanted a car geared towards performance, while also looking good, you should have gotten a Z, G35, 3-series, or any other comparable vehicle to the IS.

one last thing to pigeon. this is a forum. plain and simple. people share their OPINIONS. no one needs facts to offer up an opinion. you've given yours. i've given mine. now let's stop crapping on the OP's thread.
Opinions are only worth listening to if they're based on facts. You've pretty much just admitted and proved that your opinion is NOT worth listening to, and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The IS can only really be compared to the BMW out of the cars you mention.

Someboy could very easily use 306bhp on a regular basis. WTF do you know about his driving habits? You can use 400bhp on public roads without driving recklessly.

Not everyone ruins their car by ignorantly modifying it with parts that are lower quality than stock, just because you have. Some people keep their cars stock because they know they just spent a ton of money on a good car, and some people GENUINELY make their cars better, with high quality aftermarket parts! Not everyone ruins their car for the sake of having something "different".

If people like you say "oh opinions are based on nothing, and I'm just going to spread my ignorance around for fun", then we will end up seeing a bunch of Lexus with big heavy rims and lowered to 10mm off the ground, ruined.

O.Z Racing, BBS and F Sport all make lightweight cast or forged rims that fit the IS. Why go with some cheap *** off brand wheels that are worse than stock?
Old 05-02-10, 01:26 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Wow talk about drama up in here haha. I'm with aliu603 on this one. People in general do not hook their cars up for the ONLY performance. It's typically for looks IMO. You don't buy a set of wheels purely for it's weight do you? I surely don't think so. Cause you buy it for how it LOOKS. And to pigeon the OP asked which wheel we liked between the two, he did NOT ask which wheel was lighter or which wheel should I buy and why. Anyways sorry for the meaningless chatter but I'm with javyLSU on this too. BBS sizes/offsets suck. That's why I didn't buy LMs. You might want to reconsider your options OP.
Old 05-02-10, 01:35 PM
pigeon83
Rookie

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Wow talk about drama up in here haha. I'm with aliu603 on this one. People in general do not hook their cars up for the ONLY performance. It's typically for looks IMO. You don't buy a set of wheels purely for it's weight do you? I surely don't think so. Cause you buy it for how it LOOKS. And to pigeon the OP asked which wheel we liked between the two, he did NOT ask which wheel was lighter or which wheel should I buy and why. Anyways sorry for the meaningless chatter but I'm with javyLSU on this too. BBS sizes/offsets suck. That's why I didn't buy LMs. You might want to reconsider your options OP.
Chatter? You just contradicted yourself and ended up writing a paragraph that said basically nothing useful.

Between the two he mentioned? He is asking for a outside advice on his purchase(a dangerous prospect to begin with), and only a couple of people have bothered to give a recommendation that's not just them talking out their ***.

Those particular BBS wheels don't fit exactly and are heavy, while the F-Sports do fit exactly, and are also superior in the area of strength(important when you want your $3000 investment to last).

So, what's wrong with cutting through the BS and giving him advice that's worth taking?
Old 05-02-10, 01:44 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

what's with you peoplee.. i hate both rims. k close thread. haha :P
Old 05-02-10, 01:45 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

wow pigeon you need to chill the f*** out. i dont know what im talking about because i prefer the look of a wheel over the performance of one? get your head out of your ***. i know more about his driving habits than you apparently do because he's made threads/posts in the past regarding street racing and how he does do it. a lot of people on these forums modify their car with volk/work rims. are they lower quality than stock? obviously not. and taking a personal jab at me saying that i modify my car with low quality parts? once again, wtf do you know. i only put high quality parts on my car. before you come on these forums and start *****ing people out for giving their opinions, spend some time and learn something first about the kind of people on them. if you still have **** to say, pm me about it and get this crap off the OPs thread.
Old 05-02-10, 01:50 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

there's always smart asses on the forums.. opinions were stated and it's done for. stop pooping on the thread pigeon!

F sport rims are ugly
BBS for some reason I don't like.. especially if you do a RED LIP...

but don't listen to me. I'm stupid for ruining my ride quality cause i'm going to put high quality 20" HRE wheels on.. :P
Old 05-02-10, 01:58 PM
pigeon83
Rookie

Originally Posted by aliu603
wow pigeon you need to chill the f*** out. i dont know what im talking about because i prefer the look of a wheel over the performance of one? get your head out of your ***. i know more about his driving habits than you apparently do because he's made threads/posts in the past regarding street racing and how he does do it. a lot of people on these forums modify their car with volk/work rims. are they lower quality than stock? obviously not. and taking a personal jab at me saying that i modify my car with low quality parts? once again, wtf do you know. i only put high quality parts on my car. before you come on these forums and start *****ing people out for giving their opinions, spend some time and learn something first about the kind of people on them. if you still have **** to say, pm me about it and get this crap off the OPs thread.
LOL If you know he races, then why did you recommend the heavy wheels? Why would you recommend that aesthetics take precedence over performance to someone who goes fast? Aren't you recommending the opposite of what his driving habits would require?

You've repeatedly said that your opinions aren't based on facts, so what do you have to back up your recommendation for how this guy spends $3000? Anything useful or meaningful to him?
Old 05-02-10, 02:05 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pigeon83, he posted his opinion, and you posted yours, chill dude.
Old 05-02-10, 02:07 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

This thread is so going to get locked haha

Quick Reply: Bbs ch-r or f sport?