IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

slight vibration during first warm up on the car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-10, 10:59 PM
l3xuz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile slight vibration during first warm up on the car.

ok i did all the research about vibration but it seem to be during stop traffic and its on drive mode or park.my problem is this.I always warm up my car for the first start either morning or it does'nt matter just first start warm up and i could feel a slight vibration inside but once it warm up no vibration at all or all day.does anybody have the same problem.

miles 23000.
stock everything.
model. is rwd.
Old 05-04-10, 06:48 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're trying to describe something to other people, it helps immensely if you write coherent sentences.

I always warm up my car for the first start either morning or it does'nt matter just first start warm up and i could feel a slight vibration inside but once it warm up no vibration at all or all day.
?
Old 05-04-10, 07:33 AM
l3xuz
Driver School Candidate

my bad. What I'm trying say is that when you first start your car in the morning and wait until the temperature goes to normal. just by waiting in setting inside the car for that temperature goes to normal I felt a slight vibration.
Old 05-04-10, 08:15 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by l3xuz
my bad. What I'm trying say is that when you first start your car in the morning and wait until the temperature goes to normal. just by waiting in setting inside the car for that temperature goes to normal I felt a slight vibration.
There's no reason to wait for your car to warm up, and in fact it's bad for the car to sit there idling it. Best way to 'warm it up' is to drive it.

Start the car, put on your seatbelt, go.

Keep the rpms under 3k or so till the engine has warmed up.
Old 05-04-10, 10:23 AM
l3xuz
Driver School Candidate

well the reason,I warm up my car because.I want the oil to circulate to the head and lubricate the cams.I think is better to lubricate the top of the motor since all the oil stay on the crank overnight.is this correct or not.
Old 05-04-10, 11:15 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by l3xuz
well the reason,I warm up my car because.I want the oil to circulate to the head and lubricate the cams.I think is better to lubricate the top of the motor since all the oil stay on the crank overnight.is this correct or not.
No, it's not.

The engine has proper oil pressure within 30 seconds of starting. If it didn't everyone who didn't warm up the car would be replacing their motors frequently, which they aren't.

(if you're especially paranoid you can use synthetic oil which has better cold-flow characteristics... but really, it's fine to drive the car by the time you put your seatbelt on... and it's better for it to do so. Idling is among the worst things you can do to the car).

Proper "warm up" is done by driving the vehicle.

All sitting there letting it warm does is waste fuel and contaminate your oil with condensation and blow-by from piston rings that seal poorly at idle.
Old 05-04-10, 12:02 PM
l3xuz
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info.what about the vibration,I start my car today from sitting overnight and waited for just a minute or so and there is a slight vibration.again again its only first start up from sitting overnight.
Old 05-05-10, 08:35 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's probably caused by always letting your car sit idle to warm up.